Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Data havens as contacts, Wow, it has been a while
Edward
post May 17 2007, 01:59 AM
Post #1

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,587

I’m getting into another SR game after some time and I am loking at plaing a hacker.

I want to have access to the Denver data haven, in SR3 this required you take a contact at rating 2, what do I need in SR4

Edward
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post May 17 2007, 02:17 AM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

Well, said contact would probably have a very low Loyalty rating, especially if you're accessing it illegally.

+Quote Post
Edward
post May 17 2007, 02:31 AM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,587

My intent had been to have a legitimate account. Probably even being low level volunteer staff

Its easy enough to work out the loyalty rating, that would represent how well known I was in the community, but what connected rating should it have, and when I am getting information do I use the connection rating (as asking a contact for help) or my data search skills (as if I had hacked my way in and didn’t even have a contact).

Edward

+Quote Post
Aaron
post May 17 2007, 02:41 AM
Post #4

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 8,314

I don't know if it counts, but I gave one of my players JackPoint as a contact for uploading some interesting info. He's currently got it at Loyalty 1, and I ruled that its Connection Rating is 1d6/2 (rounded down) on any given subject.

+Quote Post
Cheops
post May 17 2007, 04:52 PM
Post #5

Shooting Target

Member No.: 392

I usually handle connection as a means of judging how much you are given access to. So you could have the data haven at connection 1 meaning that only other low level users are willing to do stuff for you. At Connection 6 it means that you have admin/root level users that are willing to do stuff for you.

+Quote Post
Unarmed
post May 17 2007, 05:26 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,517

I posted this same thread about four months ago and I think that it had some decent ideas in it, but I can't remember exactly what went down.

+Quote Post
Wasabi
post May 18 2007, 12:00 AM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 6,651

The Home Ground positive quality could represent gifted access to it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:43 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.