> Witch Hunt 2: OOC
2bit
post Jun 11 2007, 08:59 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,526

The Gloria Stein Hotel

The Gloria Stein Hotel (A Hilton resort, which is owned by Brackhaven Investments) is a 5-star place - a competetive choice for upper class visitors from around the world, and a popular place to rent a posh banquet hall for your political fundraiser, convention, art auction, shareholder's meeting, etc. etc. The Gloria Stein is also home to the Black Tulip, arguably Bellevue's best French cuisine. The rooms are all suites, and typically fill up 2 seasons in advance. The decor is Baroque, for that "old money" feel.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
djinni
post Jun 11 2007, 09:43 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,934

checking the news for anything out of the ordinary that might warrant an immediate call.

+Quote Post
2bit
post Jun 11 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

The News Nets are catastophe free. Anything less serious than mass murder or terrorist attack won't show up until the evening wrap-up (23:00).

+Quote Post
djinni
post Jun 11 2007, 10:01 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

QUOTE (2bit)
The News Nets are catastophe free. Anything less serious than mass murder or terrorist attack won't show up until the evening wrap-up (23:00).

IC post is edited to include the nothing on the news.

+Quote Post
KoneV
post Jun 12 2007, 04:23 PM
Post #19

Target

Member No.: 11,343

Yay, we're finally going!

I have a feeling I should roll something for checking whether Alfred's message is genuine, but I'm not entirely sure what (electronic warfare, software, forgery? average of all three? :D). Should I use a program or Logic? Guessing it could be an extended test...

Trigger, I'd like it you drew Ether. Always interested to see other people's takes. :)

+Quote Post
djinni
post Jun 12 2007, 04:43 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

yep yep smells like setup to me too...that's why I'm going early...cuz it'll be fun!

something I forgot to ask...
were the recipients of the text message CC'd or BCC'd
or was it a single text message made for us and sent straight to us individually?

I'm just curious about how alfred deals with the setups of jobs how he regards the alphas etc...

+Quote Post
2bit
post Jun 19 2007, 03:13 PM
Post #21

Moving Target

I've been feeling the pinch here at work, spare time has been rapidly decreasing - sorry for the hiatus yall. I've been working on a big post for witch hunt 1 but it's taking forever because of things that come up.

To answer your questions:
@KoneV:
Forgery is used more to determine if a physical item, or an electronic image, sound, etc, has been tampered with - but a text message (email) would more likely be standard hacker magic - Computer + Analyze should cover it.

@djinni:
No additional recipients are visible. As far as you can tell, it was sent to you individually. That's pretty normal.

If you go there now, you'll both get there - let's say - 20 minutes early.

+Quote Post
KoneV
post Jun 19 2007, 04:23 PM
Post #22

Target

No problem, I've been somewhat busy in here too.

Rolled for the examination. Don't know how long it would take or how many rolls I get, but if it's just one test I get, let's take the first one. The number of the rolls I made is equal to the pool. Computer + Analyze (0, 2, 3, 4, 2, 2, 5, 1, 2)

Ether does have that ~1,3 hours while driving, at least... X)

+Quote Post
KoneV
post Jun 19 2007, 09:53 PM
Post #23

Target

I assumed Ether figured the message was real, and that the neighborhood was cool.

+Quote Post
djinni
post Jul 6 2007, 01:01 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

shameless bump?

+Quote Post
KoneV
post Jul 6 2007, 04:12 PM
Post #25

Target

Is 2bit gone?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 06:39 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.