Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Converting the Matrix, 1st/2nd ed systems to 3rd ed systems
Abstruse
post Jun 12 2007, 11:16 PM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,488

I'm planning to run the infamous Harlequin adventure set and I can handle converting the NPCs and other stats...but what I can't figure out is how exactly I should go about converting the systems. It seems like the one in the first adventure goes from Red-8 to Green-4 on different systems. I can kind of get a feel for this system -- heavy on the Access rating, lax on most of the others...does anyone have any suggestions?

The Abstruse One
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
eidolon
post Jun 13 2007, 02:23 AM
Post #2

ghostrider

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,333

It might not be much of a "conversion", but generally speaking I just get an idea for "hard, average, or easy" and then redo them entirely to fit the 3rd scheme better. *shrug*

And there's always this: http://elsewhere.cattail.nu/cgi-bin/matrix.cgi

+Quote Post
Chibu
post Jun 13 2007, 05:22 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,102

I bet the reason for the Access being high and everythign else low is that's how computers are run today. Once you have access, you can do anything. But I can't really help with conversion, sorry :P Just thought that was neet.

+Quote Post
Link
post Jun 13 2007, 02:25 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,180

QUOTE (Abstruse)
It seems like the one in the first adventure goes from Red-8 to Green-4 on different systems.  I can kind of get a feel for this system -- heavy on the Access rating, lax on most of the others...does anyone have any suggestions?

An example from Harlequin
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Pabloj
post Nov 24 2007, 02:35 PM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 11,823

I´m having the same issue: I want to run Harlequin on 3rd edition rules. Here are a couple of questions:

I understand that each node has a separate Security Code and Rating. But what happens to the ACIFS subcodes? Do each node has its own too? Is the security sheaf the same for all nodes in the system, or is it node specific?

Also, why is the deck Sensors rating used for some Analyze (XXX) operations and not for other Analyze (XXX) operations?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 10:36 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.