Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Converting the Matrix
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Abstruse
I'm planning to run the infamous Harlequin adventure set and I can handle converting the NPCs and other stats...but what I can't figure out is how exactly I should go about converting the systems. It seems like the one in the first adventure goes from Red-8 to Green-4 on different systems. I can kind of get a feel for this system -- heavy on the Access rating, lax on most of the others...does anyone have any suggestions?

The Abstruse One
eidolon
It might not be much of a "conversion", but generally speaking I just get an idea for "hard, average, or easy" and then redo them entirely to fit the 3rd scheme better. *shrug*

And there's always this: http://elsewhere.cattail.nu/cgi-bin/matrix.cgi
Chibu
I bet the reason for the Access being high and everythign else low is that's how computers are run today. Once you have access, you can do anything. But I can't really help with conversion, sorry nyahnyah.gif Just thought that was neet.
Link
QUOTE (Abstruse)
It seems like the one in the first adventure goes from Red-8 to Green-4 on different systems.  I can kind of get a feel for this system -- heavy on the Access rating, lax on most of the others...does anyone have any suggestions?

An example from Harlequin
[ Spoiler ]
Pabloj
I´m having the same issue: I want to run Harlequin on 3rd edition rules. Here are a couple of questions:

I understand that each node has a separate Security Code and Rating. But what happens to the ACIFS subcodes? Do each node has its own too? Is the security sheaf the same for all nodes in the system, or is it node specific?

Also, why is the deck Sensors rating used for some Analyze (XXX) operations and not for other Analyze (XXX) operations?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012