Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thais, Any info?
SirBedevere
post Jun 15 2007, 09:36 PM
Post #1

Knight Templar

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,424

Does anyone know any details about Thais the son of Aina and Yrsgrathe?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Athanatos
post Jun 15 2007, 09:45 PM
Post #2

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,228

Half Horror, not the most friendly of individuals, Not on anything near good terms with his mother.... other than that? No Clue. I find myself wishing for more information as well.

Another question, if I may, is what is Thayla's or whatever Voice?

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Jun 15 2007, 10:27 PM
Post #3

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

Thayla was a baddass elf queen who had a singing voice that was so beautiful (by namegiver standards) that it caused excruciating pain to any Horror that heard it could potentially kill minor horrors outright.
She was able to protect her kingdom from the Scourge simply be getting up in the morning and singing a happy song. However, a baddass Horror was so entranced by the beauty of her song that he fell in love with her and used his superior baddassery to sit in her bedroom, unmoving, despite the unbearable pain of her song. This lasted for many days, and the baddass Horror's baddass presence was corrupting the land simply because he was sitting there. No one could defeat him and he wouldn't leave without her. In desperation, Thayla magically transfered her voice to a songbird, rendering herself mute in the process, so that her voice could continue to protect her people while she went of on a romantic extended honeymoon with the Horror.

Due to her voice's magnificent beauty, it is highly useful in repelling things that are aspected against beauty, including Horrors, and its recovery so that it may be used to defend Earth is a major part of the plot to Harlequin's Back.

+Quote Post
sunnyside
post Jun 15 2007, 10:30 PM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 10,502

Actually was that ever covered somewhere other than harlequins back?

+Quote Post
Rajaat99
post Jun 15 2007, 11:44 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,166

QUOTE (SirBedevere)

I could be wrong, but I believe Thais appears as a black skinned elf from the waist up and a large snake from the waste down.

+Quote Post
Chibu
post Jun 16 2007, 01:53 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,102

For Thias, the only place i know of is the book Scars. And Thalya is in Harlequin's Back and is talked about alot in the same books with everyone's favorite Drake Physad. (Dragonblood trilogy, i think it's called? =\). Other than that... I think at least one of the two is also mentioned in Worlds Without End, or whatever it's called.

As for Thias, I severely doubt that he is actually "half-horror" as that makes no sense. There is never a mention of any other time that a horror, or any other spirit could actually reproduce. An abomination created by a horror inside of Aina, sure, but not offspring i don't think.

Anyway, if I think of anything else, I'll leave the info, but that's all I have for now.

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Jun 16 2007, 02:53 AM
Post #7

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

Thais was first mentioned in the novel Worlds Without End, and appears to be the offspring of Aina, an immortal elf, and Ysrthgrathe, a powerful Named Horror. Apparently his mother abandoned him at some point. By his own account, he was behind the first Great Ghost Dance in the nineteenth century. He was next spotted in Loose Alliances, where he was operating in southeast Asia (he's said to have good relations with the nagas of Angkor Wat) and to have clashed with the Great Dragon Arleesh.

As a hybrid, Thais shares aspects of both of his parents: apparent immortality, considerable magical powers, and it has been shown that he can be summoned. He may or may not bear similar qualities to the Ulkmen of Earthdawn, who are also said to be descended from Horrors.

Notably, Thais did not make an appearence in the novel Scars.

The legend of Thayla-who has never been shown to be elven, by-the-by-was first related in Harlequin's Back and provided part of the background for that adventure. Thayla was apparently killed in The Dragonheart Trilogy, each book of which contains a copy of the legend of Thayla that was unearthed and translated by the Dunkelzahn Institute of Magical Research.

+Quote Post
SirBedevere
post Jun 16 2007, 09:41 AM
Post #8

Knight Templar

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,424

Thanks AH. :D I've got Harlequin's Back and I wondered if there was any more info out there.

+Quote Post
Chibu
post Jun 16 2007, 03:32 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,102

Well, I guess I was off a little bit :P *owned by AH again* ^-^

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:27 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.