> Down in the Gutter: OOC, The Nuts and Bolts of Staying Alive
WinterRat1
post Jun 15 2007, 10:43 PM
Post #1

Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,260

Down in the Gutter OOC Thread.

This is the OOC thread for the Down in the Gutter Campaign. Only characters that have been approved should post here. This first post will consistently be edited to include all relevant links and information for the DITG game. Think of it as a table of contents.

Down in the Gutter IC
Down in the Gutter Wikispace
Useful Calendar Link for 2070
Seattle Sprawl Map

Note: When you post something for the GMs in the OOC thread, post it in BOLD so we can see it easier, and decrease the likelihood we miss your comment/question/thought/request/etc.

Reminder: This is not your typical game where you post, GM posts, etc. You will need to exercise judgment and discretion in posting and moving forward, and take the initiative to check in with us, because we almost certainly won’t have time to check in on each individual PC. Use the OOC thread and PMs liberally for this purpose.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
WinterRat1
post Jun 15 2007, 10:43 PM
Post #2

Dragon

At game start, here are the number of boxes we judge to be filled in on the condition monitors for each character, based upon various bits and pieces we’ve picked up from the wiki. Make the appropriate changes to your character sheets on the wiki so we can see them.

Grack – Full Health

Thumper – 2 Physical, 5 Stun

Tootles – Full health

Nevada – 1 Physical

Felix – 2 Stun, -1 die to movement rolls due to sprained ankle

Jaya - 4 Physical

Fool – Full health

Badmarsh – 3 Physical

Bockscar – 6 Physical

Ink – Full health

Johnny Soho – Full health

Legion – 5 Physical

Child – Full health

Doc - 1 Physical, 4 Stun

Trojan - 2 Stun damage; Make a Pilot: Groundcraft test, Threshold 2 to get away, Threshold 1 to stay just outside their grasp but they pace

Aziz – 8 Physical

At the beginning of the game, here is the GM in charge of each character:

WinterRat1
- Legion
- Aziz
- Felix
- Badmarsh
- Nevada
- Bockscar
- Grack

Konsaki
- Doc
- Thumper
- Trojan
- Child
- Fool
- Jaya
- Johnny Soho
- Tootles
- Ink

+Quote Post
carjack_malone
post Jun 15 2007, 11:24 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 11,577

Freaking AWESOME introduction to a game!!!!

+Quote Post
Vegas
post Jun 15 2007, 11:28 PM
Post #4

Runner

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,326

It has begun.

Kicks major ass guys... this is gonna be awesome.

+Quote Post
WinterRat1
post Jun 15 2007, 11:32 PM
Post #5

Dragon

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. All the hard work is worth it when we know people are having fun and enjoying the game. :)

I'm going to need to crawl under a rock for a day or two, but feel free to start posting IC where warranted or posting OOC to let us know what you need to move forward.

+Quote Post
WinterRat1
post Jun 15 2007, 11:34 PM
Post #6

Dragon

Voorhees - I realize Shade's take of Aziz isn't done yet, I'll try and get that up soon. My creative juices are a bit used up now, but I'll put it on my list of stuff to do.

+Quote Post
Fresno Bob
post Jun 16 2007, 01:25 AM
Post #7

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 4,252

QUOTE (WinterRat1)
Voorhees - I realize Shade's take of Aziz isn't done yet, I'll try and get that up soon. My creative juices are a bit used up now, but I'll put it on my list of stuff to do.

Roger that.

Holy wow, 8 physical? Ouch.

+Quote Post
DireRadiant
post Jun 16 2007, 01:34 AM
Post #8

The Dragon Never Sleeps

Group: Admin
Member No.: 7,667

@KonsakiOk, if I've read this right, Tootles can continue south and pass the Losky Destry Clinic and head towards the Treaty Bus at Corner 124th and 144th? Rolls?

Awesome map BTW!

Now I can just imagine a real time updating map with PC icons moving around and WR1 standing over with a maniacal glowing face lit by the map board lights.

+Quote Post
WinterRat1
post Jun 16 2007, 01:38 AM
Post #9

Dragon

Voorhees - Well, when you miraculously survive a ghoul assault and are 'slipping in and out of consciousness' due to your wounds, I'd imagine you are pretty messed up. :)

DireRadiant - Konsaki will get to you, don't forget to highlight your request for him in bold so he can see it. I read your post twice before I realized you were asking for any necessary rolls. It'll help us pick out what everyone needs, especially once you all really get rolling in the game.

+Quote Post
adamu
post Jun 16 2007, 01:42 AM
Post #10

Snakehandler

Member No.: 8,508

Quick Comment on Starting Addresses

Small point, wouldn't say anything, but could lead to confusion -

As noted, Grack is at 124th Place NE, shortened to 124th Pl NE.

I myself have mistaken this for 124th Pine.

Some of the starting addresses do indeed read Pine, so just wanted to clear up that I don't think there is a Pine street, that that's 124th Place, NE.

+Quote Post
adamu
post Jun 16 2007, 01:47 AM
Post #11

Snakehandler

In my story I fluffed Grack "knowing" there were enemies directly above, and then knowing there were none.
But I reckon fluff freebies are over now, so casting Detect Enemies (Extended) at Force 1
Magic + Spellcasting + Mentor Bonus = 4 dice (fear the wrath of Wizard Grack!)
2 4 4 2 = Spell doesn't work, whatever Grack may assume.

Willpower + Charisma = 6 dice
6 3 6 2 4 1 = 2 successes = 1 stun damage

Note also, Winter, that the combat axe was paid for in chargen and I cleared with Konsaki that I would find it when I emerged from the sewers.

+Quote Post
WinterRat1
post Jun 16 2007, 02:04 AM
Post #12

Dragon

Noted and thanks Adamu. I fixed 124th Pine to read 124th Pl NE wherever I saw it.

Adamu - Understood on the Combat Axe. You're clear to post Grack rising from the sewers and finding the Combat Axe, don't take it farther, since you don't know if someone is waiting for you when you get to the World Above, nor what their intentions may be. If there's actually someone there, of course. :D

+Quote Post
adamu
post Jun 16 2007, 02:20 AM
Post #13

Snakehandler

OOOPS - looks like I jumped the gun - don't think I went beyond those parameters, though. If so, I will edit happily.

Anyway, if something happens - cool.

But barring obstacle or stimulus - of course Grack can't HEAR a darned thing - he will go to the Sushi Shop, stick some cash in the machine, and feast. And he is likely to just forget himself and just keep sitting and eating until otherwise distracted....

+Quote Post
Meriss
post Jun 16 2007, 04:03 AM
Post #14

Shooting Target

Member No.: 11,025

@Winter: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Amazing! Un-fragging-believeable! My heart was in my throat the whole time. I sit in awe sir. Lemme digest this masterpiece you have crafted and finesse an equally worthy post out of my poor brain. After sleep.

@adamu: Your bold is stuck chummer. NM I spotted Winter's coment after my post.

@Konsaki: Am I rolling Perception to find the stuff in the LoCoS HQ?

+Quote Post
WinterRat1
post Jun 16 2007, 05:04 AM
Post #15

Dragon

I have to give credit where credit is due everyone.

Konsaki helped greatly with the character intro posts. We split the intros up about 50/50, so if you can't pick out who did what, that means we did a good job capturing each character's particular situation.

Glad you all seem to be enjoying the opening posts, it tells me we did our job in living up to the hype and getting this started on the right foot. :)

+Quote Post
WinterRat1
post Jun 16 2007, 05:13 AM
Post #16

Dragon

Note: I don't know how Konsaki will run his players for the time being, but I generally will wait until I have at least 2 or 3 people who have posted IC so I can make sure I'm bringing everyone closer together, not inadvertently letting them drift farther apart. Just so you know how I'm going to be handling this until we can get you all rounded up.

Forewarning: Event 2 will be 'The Big Meeting' (or something to that effect) where you all regroup. No specific deadlines just yet because Konsaki and I want to see how things unfold and what the pace is like before forcing everyone to rush to get a certain point.

So no worries, just giving you all a general idea of where we're going to be working you all towards. If this were an RPG, this would be the 'tutorial/training' section where yes you are playing the game, and stuff happens that will matter, but the real fun is something we're just building up to.

+Quote Post
pragma
post Jun 16 2007, 05:25 AM
Post #17

Running Target

Member No.: 7,336

@Konsaki

Thumper's just trying to get on his feet and take stock of his surroundings. Probably going to yell at whatever's in the back if it doesn't come out soon. Let me know how you want to handle this. Ah yes, also looking for a big sturdy chunk of wood.

+Quote Post
Fresno Bob
post Jun 16 2007, 05:52 AM
Post #18

Neophyte Runner

Aziz is just walking up 132nd Ave at this point, ostensibly in the direction of Felix and Shade.

+Quote Post
WinterRat1
post Jun 16 2007, 06:18 AM
Post #19

Dragon

Mister Juan, Voorhees - I won't be advancing the ex-Splintered Crash storyline until Mister Juan posts, for obvious reasons. Just fyi.

Adamu - Grack has several fellow gangers in his vicinity, so I'm going to wait until at least one of them starts moving/acting before posting for you.

+Quote Post
Fresno Bob
post Jun 16 2007, 06:24 AM
Post #20

Neophyte Runner

Yeah, makes sense.

+Quote Post
yoippari
post Jun 16 2007, 09:34 AM
Post #21

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,865

Groundcraft(bikes)+Reaction-1 due to stun damage= 6 dice (2, 6, 5, 2, 5, 6) = 4 hits

I'm a little confused. Why is Trojan going to the Roller's garage and who is he checking in with?

+Quote Post
Abbandon
post Jun 16 2007, 10:12 AM
Post #22

Shooting Target

Member No.: 8,716

Yeah I second that. After I read that I was like kool now there are 3 of us former SSR guys?? But then saw he was Brickhouse.

-Is the gathering suppose to happen organically?
-Would having a limit on the number of IC posts you can make be helpful? Like everyone is only allowed to make one IC post until everyone has made one. That way nobody hogs the IC?

We could make a table on the wiki and people who post put a check in there box and then we can clearly see who hasnt posted yet? Once everyone has a check then the next round is greenlit.
-A people map does sound like a very wicked idea. Can multiple people place markers on the same google map like a wiki? If each person could mark their own location it would be super easy.

Playing with the maps and figuring out street names is a nightmare.
As long as child has no objections im gonna say the SSR HQ. was down that dead end road off 120th N. Ave. in grid A6.

+Quote Post
Konsaki
post Jun 16 2007, 10:38 AM
Post #23

Runner

Member No.: 8,445

QUOTE (yoippari)
Groundcraft(bikes)+Reaction-1 due to stun damage= 6 dice (2, 6, 5, 2, 5, 6) = 4 hits

I'm a little confused. Why is Trojan going to the Roller's garage and who is he checking in with?

Sorry, that was ment to be the BrickHouse boys HQ, but I wrote that post as the last one of my group. Being tired and having the Roller's HQ destroyed as well caused a brain fart on my part.

@WR1

Could you change Trojan's destination to Brickhouse Boy's HQ?

+Quote Post
Konsaki
post Jun 16 2007, 10:41 AM
Post #24

Runner

QUOTE (Meriss)
@Konsaki: Am I rolling Perception to find the stuff in the LoCoS HQ?

I'll get you a list of stuff you find soon, but for now, just post an IC with you searching the place but dont name any specifics. Perfect RP time, if you ask me.

+Quote Post
Konsaki
post Jun 16 2007, 10:43 AM
Post #25

Runner

QUOTE (pragma)
@Konsaki

Thumper's just trying to get on his feet and take stock of his surroundings. Probably going to yell at whatever's in the back if it doesn't come out soon. Let me know how you want to handle this. Ah yes, also looking for a big sturdy chunk of wood.

When you landed on the table a leg broke off and is laying near by. It seems pretty solid though a bit crude.

If you want to yell anything out, do it in an IC post, but dont go any farther than that unless you are just trying to hide afterwards or something in the dining area.

+Quote Post

77 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:49 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.