Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Down in the Gutter: OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39
WinterRat1
Down in the Gutter OOC Thread.

This is the OOC thread for the Down in the Gutter Campaign. Only characters that have been approved should post here. This first post will consistently be edited to include all relevant links and information for the DITG game. Think of it as a table of contents.

Down in the Gutter IC
Down in the Gutter Wikispace
Useful Calendar Link for 2070
Seattle Sprawl Map

Note: When you post something for the GMs in the OOC thread, post it in BOLD so we can see it easier, and decrease the likelihood we miss your comment/question/thought/request/etc.

Reminder: This is not your typical game where you post, GM posts, etc. You will need to exercise judgment and discretion in posting and moving forward, and take the initiative to check in with us, because we almost certainly won’t have time to check in on each individual PC. Use the OOC thread and PMs liberally for this purpose.
WinterRat1
At game start, here are the number of boxes we judge to be filled in on the condition monitors for each character, based upon various bits and pieces we’ve picked up from the wiki. Make the appropriate changes to your character sheets on the wiki so we can see them.

Grack – Full Health

Thumper – 2 Physical, 5 Stun

Tootles – Full health

Nevada – 1 Physical

Felix – 2 Stun, -1 die to movement rolls due to sprained ankle

Jaya - 4 Physical

Fool – Full health

Badmarsh – 3 Physical

Bockscar – 6 Physical

Ink – Full health

Johnny Soho – Full health

Legion – 5 Physical

Child – Full health

Doc - 1 Physical, 4 Stun

Trojan - 2 Stun damage; Make a Pilot: Groundcraft test, Threshold 2 to get away, Threshold 1 to stay just outside their grasp but they pace

Aziz – 8 Physical

At the beginning of the game, here is the GM in charge of each character:

WinterRat1
- Legion
- Aziz
- Felix
- Badmarsh
- Nevada
- Bockscar
- Grack

Konsaki
- Doc
- Thumper
- Trojan
- Child
- Fool
- Jaya
- Johnny Soho
- Tootles
- Ink
carjack_malone
Freaking AWESOME introduction to a game!!!!
Vegas
It has begun.

Kicks major ass guys... this is gonna be awesome.
WinterRat1
Thanks for the encouragement everyone. All the hard work is worth it when we know people are having fun and enjoying the game. smile.gif

I'm going to need to crawl under a rock for a day or two, but feel free to start posting IC where warranted or posting OOC to let us know what you need to move forward.
WinterRat1
Voorhees - I realize Shade's take of Aziz isn't done yet, I'll try and get that up soon. My creative juices are a bit used up now, but I'll put it on my list of stuff to do.
Fresno Bob
QUOTE (WinterRat1)
Voorhees - I realize Shade's take of Aziz isn't done yet, I'll try and get that up soon. My creative juices are a bit used up now, but I'll put it on my list of stuff to do.

Roger that.

Holy wow, 8 physical? Ouch.
DireRadiant
@KonsakiOk, if I've read this right, Tootles can continue south and pass the Losky Destry Clinic and head towards the Treaty Bus at Corner 124th and 144th? Rolls?

Awesome map BTW!

Now I can just imagine a real time updating map with PC icons moving around and WR1 standing over with a maniacal glowing face lit by the map board lights.
WinterRat1
Voorhees - Well, when you miraculously survive a ghoul assault and are 'slipping in and out of consciousness' due to your wounds, I'd imagine you are pretty messed up. smile.gif

DireRadiant - Konsaki will get to you, don't forget to highlight your request for him in bold so he can see it. I read your post twice before I realized you were asking for any necessary rolls. It'll help us pick out what everyone needs, especially once you all really get rolling in the game.
adamu
Quick Comment on Starting Addresses

Small point, wouldn't say anything, but could lead to confusion -

As noted, Grack is at 124th Place NE, shortened to 124th Pl NE.

I myself have mistaken this for 124th Pine.

Some of the starting addresses do indeed read Pine, so just wanted to clear up that I don't think there is a Pine street, that that's 124th Place, NE.
adamu
In my story I fluffed Grack "knowing" there were enemies directly above, and then knowing there were none.
But I reckon fluff freebies are over now, so casting Detect Enemies (Extended) at Force 1
Magic + Spellcasting + Mentor Bonus = 4 dice (fear the wrath of Wizard Grack!)
2 4 4 2 = Spell doesn't work, whatever Grack may assume.

Willpower + Charisma = 6 dice
6 3 6 2 4 1 = 2 successes = 1 stun damage

Note also, Winter, that the combat axe was paid for in chargen and I cleared with Konsaki that I would find it when I emerged from the sewers.

WinterRat1
Noted and thanks Adamu. I fixed 124th Pine to read 124th Pl NE wherever I saw it.

Adamu - Understood on the Combat Axe. You're clear to post Grack rising from the sewers and finding the Combat Axe, don't take it farther, since you don't know if someone is waiting for you when you get to the World Above, nor what their intentions may be. If there's actually someone there, of course. biggrin.gif
adamu
OOOPS - looks like I jumped the gun - don't think I went beyond those parameters, though. If so, I will edit happily.

Anyway, if something happens - cool.

But barring obstacle or stimulus - of course Grack can't HEAR a darned thing - he will go to the Sushi Shop, stick some cash in the machine, and feast. And he is likely to just forget himself and just keep sitting and eating until otherwise distracted....
Meriss
@Winter: notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif Amazing! Un-fragging-believeable! My heart was in my throat the whole time. I sit in awe sir. Lemme digest this masterpiece you have crafted and finesse an equally worthy post out of my poor brain. After sleep.

@adamu: Your bold is stuck chummer. NM I spotted Winter's coment after my post.

@Konsaki: Am I rolling Perception to find the stuff in the LoCoS HQ?
WinterRat1
I have to give credit where credit is due everyone.

Konsaki helped greatly with the character intro posts. We split the intros up about 50/50, so if you can't pick out who did what, that means we did a good job capturing each character's particular situation.

Glad you all seem to be enjoying the opening posts, it tells me we did our job in living up to the hype and getting this started on the right foot. smile.gif

WinterRat1
Note: I don't know how Konsaki will run his players for the time being, but I generally will wait until I have at least 2 or 3 people who have posted IC so I can make sure I'm bringing everyone closer together, not inadvertently letting them drift farther apart. Just so you know how I'm going to be handling this until we can get you all rounded up.

Forewarning: Event 2 will be 'The Big Meeting' (or something to that effect) where you all regroup. No specific deadlines just yet because Konsaki and I want to see how things unfold and what the pace is like before forcing everyone to rush to get a certain point.

So no worries, just giving you all a general idea of where we're going to be working you all towards. If this were an RPG, this would be the 'tutorial/training' section where yes you are playing the game, and stuff happens that will matter, but the real fun is something we're just building up to.
pragma
@Konsaki

Thumper's just trying to get on his feet and take stock of his surroundings. Probably going to yell at whatever's in the back if it doesn't come out soon. Let me know how you want to handle this. Ah yes, also looking for a big sturdy chunk of wood.
Fresno Bob
Aziz is just walking up 132nd Ave at this point, ostensibly in the direction of Felix and Shade.
WinterRat1
Mister Juan, Voorhees - I won't be advancing the ex-Splintered Crash storyline until Mister Juan posts, for obvious reasons. Just fyi.

Adamu - Grack has several fellow gangers in his vicinity, so I'm going to wait until at least one of them starts moving/acting before posting for you.
Fresno Bob
Yeah, makes sense.
yoippari
Groundcraft(bikes)+Reaction-1 due to stun damage= 6 dice (2, 6, 5, 2, 5, 6) = 4 hits

I'm a little confused. Why is Trojan going to the Roller's garage and who is he checking in with?
Abbandon
Yeah I second that. After I read that I was like kool now there are 3 of us former SSR guys?? But then saw he was Brickhouse.

-Is the gathering suppose to happen organically?
-Would having a limit on the number of IC posts you can make be helpful? Like everyone is only allowed to make one IC post until everyone has made one. That way nobody hogs the IC?

We could make a table on the wiki and people who post put a check in there box and then we can clearly see who hasnt posted yet? Once everyone has a check then the next round is greenlit.
-A people map does sound like a very wicked idea. Can multiple people place markers on the same google map like a wiki? If each person could mark their own location it would be super easy.

Playing with the maps and figuring out street names is a nightmare.
As long as child has no objections im gonna say the SSR HQ. was down that dead end road off 120th N. Ave. in grid A6.
Konsaki
QUOTE (yoippari)
Groundcraft(bikes)+Reaction-1 due to stun damage= 6 dice (2, 6, 5, 2, 5, 6) = 4 hits

I'm a little confused. Why is Trojan going to the Roller's garage and who is he checking in with?

Sorry, that was ment to be the BrickHouse boys HQ, but I wrote that post as the last one of my group. Being tired and having the Roller's HQ destroyed as well caused a brain fart on my part.

@WR1

Could you change Trojan's destination to Brickhouse Boy's HQ?
Konsaki
QUOTE (Meriss)
@Konsaki: Am I rolling Perception to find the stuff in the LoCoS HQ?

I'll get you a list of stuff you find soon, but for now, just post an IC with you searching the place but dont name any specifics. Perfect RP time, if you ask me.
Konsaki
QUOTE (pragma)
@Konsaki

Thumper's just trying to get on his feet and take stock of his surroundings. Probably going to yell at whatever's in the back if it doesn't come out soon. Let me know how you want to handle this. Ah yes, also looking for a big sturdy chunk of wood.

When you landed on the table a leg broke off and is laying near by. It seems pretty solid though a bit crude.

If you want to yell anything out, do it in an IC post, but dont go any farther than that unless you are just trying to hide afterwards or something in the dining area.
Konsaki
QUOTE (DireRadiant)
@KonsakiOk, if I've read this right, Tootles can continue south and pass the Losky Destry Clinic and head towards the Treaty Bus at Corner 124th and 144th? Rolls?

You can keep to the main streets if you like, taking the left turn onto the 144th or you could take the overland route into the alleyways that would go pretty much southeast as the crow flies. It's your choise.

If you have any knowledges you want to roll to figure out which is better, thats up to you also.
adamu
QUOTE (WinterRat1)
Adamu - Grack has several fellow gangers in his vicinity, so I'm going to wait until at least one of them starts moving/acting before posting for you.

Absolutely no problem - that's why I just ICed that he was starting to move, not that he got anywhere at all.

You guys are juggling a freaking revolutionary forum game effort. Far be it from me to try to muck it up.
adamu
QUOTE (Abbandon)
Y-Would having a limit on the number of IC posts you can make be helpful? Like everyone is only allowed to make one IC post until everyone has made one. That way nobody hogs the IC?

We could make a table on the wiki and people who post put a check in there box and then we can clearly see who hasnt posted yet? Once everyone has a check then the next round is greenlit.

Abbandon - if people were posting a lot and moving action forward in an out of control way, I'd agree with you.
But the GMs seem to be very closely monitoring and coordinating with everyone to make sure that doesn't happen.
Since that is the case - I have to disagree with this suggestion.

The reason is, it's pretty hard to hog the stage in a forum game, since no matter how much you post, it in no way limits how much other people can post (and there are always some players whose posts are few and far between...wouldn't want to hold everyone else to that sort of least-common-denominator).

As long as people are forcing actions forward, or stepping on other people's toes, I think a post limit would really stunt both player development and fun.

Just my two cents, though. Decision's not mine to make.
Konsaki
QUOTE (yoippari)

All the little ponies in your dirtbike kick into gear as you crank the right handlebar. Your bike basicly leaves the ghouls in your dust as you speed on down the rubble lined road, avoiding the obsticals like a champ on your way.
At your speed, you fly by the interconnecting 132nd street and hurtle into and through the area skirting the Heartbreater's turf. Other than a few Heartbreaker whores on one of the corners, who yell, cuss and flick you off, nothing else happens as you come up to the 124th that heads north towards your turf.

This is your description of the effects of your actions for you to write into an IC post along with your own character's views.
Abbandon
@Konsaki Ok I have a gameplan for my character fool. Can I go in and edit my IC to include it. IC posts should always end with our characters attempting to do something right?

Heads up to ES Sparky, Vegas, and Unarmed. You guys are in 8baller turf by my understanding? Fool is like 10-20 minutes away or something but he will be moving through your area(on foot) if you guys dont move, although thats not very likely.
Konsaki
QUOTE (Abbandon)
@Konsaki Ok I have a gameplan for my character fool. Can I go in and edit my IC to include it. IC posts should always end with our characters attempting to do something right?

Heads up to ES Sparky, Vegas, and Unarmed. You guys are in 8baller turf by my understanding? Fool is like 10-20 minutes away or something but he will be moving through your area(on foot) if you guys dont move, although thats not very likely.

You dont 'have' to be trying to do something at the end of your post if you type it out in OOC for me to look at.

@All
Try not to get too far ahead in time compared to other people. Odds are, you are going to cross paths at some time and if you are 30 minutes into the future, the other players cant interact with you.

Also not that you cant really move too far distance wise because there might be something around the next corner and you wouldnt know it untill we tell you to edit your post.
Best thing to do is tell us GM's your plans and we'll say how far you get distance wise before we have to write something up.
Unarmed
QUOTE (Abbandon)

@ Abbandon

Doc was actually on the edge of Hammerpack turf fighting against the UV nights when he went down. Basically very close to the border between UV nights turf and Hammerpack.
Unarmed
@ Konsaki
I'd like to have Doc jump around the corner, gun ready, but he's not gonna shoot anyone. He's playing it cautious right now, and he's still a little groggy. If he sees UV colours though, he'll pull the trigger right away without thinking twice about it. =)
pragma
@Konsaki

Planning to club anyone who jumps around the corner. Hoping for a more civilised response. Will converse if that's the case.
Vegas
QUOTE (Abbandon)

Badmarsh and Nevada are actually up in Hammerpack turf up near Raider Nation lines.
Konsaki
@Doc + Thumper
I rolled the surprise test and first round (Doc doing full defense and a free action of trying to talk Thumper down)(Thumper doing a complex to attack Doc). Came down to a glancing blow.

If you wish to continue fighting, put your actions in a spoiler.

Thumper can see the 8 Baller colors on Doc and Doc knows Thumper is Hammerpack as of right now.
Konsaki
@Everyone

Dont forget to update your mechanics pages on the wiki to reflect your damage if you have any.
WinterRat1
Trojan's Destination has been changed to the Brickhouse Boys HQ.

We will not be using IC post limits because I do not want people's posting speed limited to the slowest poster amongst 16 or so people, and because Konsaki and I will be monitoring progress closely. As Konsaki pointed out, you cannot really jump forward in terms of time or distance because literally anyone or anything could be right around the corner from you, so you have to keep waiting and checking in with us.

The 'character markers' on the map is a really cool idea, but I think it's too much of a pain to make it worthwhile for this particular segment of the game. If someone can figure out how to do it quickly and easily, I'm open to considering it though.

Vegas & Sparky - Since you two are already together, I'm going to let you interact and decide your next move before posting again for your duo.
Konsaki
This is sorta a personal preference of mine, but could you guys use the time hack up top as your post's stop time? This would make things easier since everyone else wont have to guestimate how long you took with whatever actions you did in the post.
Unarmed
QUOTE (Konsaki)
This is sorta a personal preference of mine, but could you guys use the time hack up top as your post's stop time? This would make things easier since everyone else wont have to guestimate how long you took with whatever actions you did in the post.

@ Konsaki

Rgr that. I think that makes the most sense.
Meriss
Here I am! This thing is going to be a beast!

@Konsaki: Rolling Stealth + INT to remain unoticed. Starting with Simple Test. Lemme know if I need to roll an extended test. 1d6=2, 1d6=3, 1d6=1, 1d6=2, 1d6=2 0 Hits, crud.
Konsaki
QUOTE (Meriss)

@Konsaki: Rolling Stealth + INT to remain unoticed. Starting with Simple Test. Lemme know if I need to roll an extended test. 1d6=2, 1d6=3, 1d6=1, 1d6=2, 1d6=2 0 Hits, crud.

Well, you didnt glitch at least. I'll get to your post later.

To make things easier on you if you're going to use Invis Castle, type out #d6 to have it roll that many dice and it will line them up like how the others are posting theirs.

Example = 6d6
3,5,6,4,5,1 - 3 hits
Meriss
Aye Mon Captain! (Thanks for the Tip!)
Unarmed
QUOTE (Meriss)

Indeed! Very good pace so far, though.
WinterRat1

Konsaki what does this mean? I didn't follow.
Konsaki
QUOTE (WinterRat1)

Konsaki what does this mean? I didn't follow.

Lets say you spent the post searching the area, instead of having the time up top showing the time you began the post (Say 10:00:17) it would show the time that your post ended (10:02:42).
WinterRat1
Gotcha. That's what I always do.
Abbandon
Hmmm what about a wiki table with just a list of names and a box for planned actions, this will let GM's easily see who is waiting for some kind of response from a GM and there wont be any spam to read through??

@Konsaki
Fool's intentions:
[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
The problem is not everyone is able to access/use the wiki. Numerous people have had problems editing it, that's why we have the wiki GMs. I don't want those people to be held up just because they can't get on the wiki.

That's why we're telling you to put stuff for us in bold so it's easier to spot when we skim through.

If someone thinks we missed them, just drop us a line and we'll work to correct that ASAP.
Abbandon
Damn gremlin qaulities!! Ok just tossing out idea's as i see them hehe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012