Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Down in the Gutter: OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39
Lindt
By the time stamp, Child has been on the street for 48 hours actually.
WinterRat1
Ah yes, you are correct. Don't know how I missed that, I've fixed it on my own records and the OOC thread. Thanks for pointing that out Lindt!
Lindt
Hey, I'm nothing if not honest when it comes to starving my own character.
Meriss
Ink:

Novacoke (Mild): Willpower (3) + Body (3) = 6 dice 2,2,2,5,5,3

Also I did a full dose outta my stash sometime IC yesterday. Does that make a difference?
Slipshade
Baby:

Bliss (Mild): Body 3 + Willpower 4 = 7 Dice (05 05 05 01 04 04 04) = Hits: 3
rob
Box will post something in the OOC thread tomorrow to account for the hours since between when he left the sewer (little before 1600) to the present (2400).

WR, up to you what you want to do with it. It will involve him moving around and trying to make some contacts to get tools. If a roll springs to mind, I'll make it, otherwise we'll see.
Fresno Bob
Hey, this is probably going to be a no, but I thought I'd ask since it hasn't come up yet. Can I switch Aziz's addiction to Novacoke instead of Cram? Its fine if not, I just figured there wouldn't be any harm in asking. I ask cause I looked at his character sheet, and he has way more Novacoke than Cram.

Anyway,
Addiction Test (Moderate)
Body 5 + Willpower 3 = 8 Dice
[6] [6] 4 2 [5] [5] 1 4 = 4 Hits

WinterRat1
QUOTE (Meriss @ Feb 16 2009, 09:41 PM) *
Ink:

Novacoke (Mild): Willpower (3) + Body (3) = 6 dice 2,2,2,5,5,3

Also I did a full dose outta my stash sometime IC yesterday. Does that make a difference?

Yes. Thanks for letting me know.

Everyone making addiction tests - If you fed your addiction IC since game start, please make a note of that as well when making your addiction roll. I didn't think of that when laying out the initial guidelines for the addiction roll.

Voorhees - That's fine, like you said it hadn't come up until now so I'm ok with you switching. Just make sure you make the change on Aziz's wiki Character Sheet.
Whipstitch
Oh, btw, do we add in the dicepool penalties from the addiction quality ourselves when making the initial roll or are you just handling all that stuff in a way that fits a day-by-day game better?

Anyway, here's my results without the -2 dicepool modifier:
Novacoke, Mild
4 Body+3 Will
[1,6,4,3,1,1,2] = 1 hit
Bearclaw
Rico
BTL (mild) - 2, 2, 2, 2, 2,6

He's only got one, but he's hoping to sell it, rather than use it himself.
rob
Aight, box's addiction tests:

BTLs: Logic 4 + Willpower 3 = 7d6: [5,5,2,5,4,2,5] = 4 hits
Cram: Body 6 + Willpower 3 = 9d6: [1,6,5,6,1,2,1,3,1] = 3 hits, dam near glitched.

Good rolls, he should be good on each.

Box plans the following with his 8 hours of time following the sewer shit:
1. He'll grab somebody macho, preferably grack, and roll down to his old apartment complex and knock over the landlord for protection money from the October Ravens and loan of the landlord's tool kit.
2. He'll roll back to the HQ, deposit the tools, and see what else he needs.
3. He'll try to find some way to get a shower.
4. He'll see if he can find somebody who doesn't look too much like a gang-banger and walk down to touristville, call a cab, and go to home depot to buy the rest of the tools with his protection money.
5. When he gets out of Kingsgate, he'll try to plot a route back in and see if he can boost a car on his way home.
6. When he gets back to the HQ, he'll try and get Grack to fix the pipe while he sets up the power and the internets.
7. If time remains, he'll try to boost another sattelite dish from someone to see if he can set up a second, public access server, to start charging neighbors for TV.
Bearclaw
OK, Rico needs a sitdown with Legion about starting up a BTL buisness.
He knows a couple bottom level suppliers, and should be able to get a good deal if he buys in bulk. But, it takes at least 3 guys to make the deal work right, with one collecting money, one as the bank, and one who passes out the product. Of course Legion/The October Ravens get half the net, with the other half going to the guys actually doing the work.
Rico has about 500 he can spend, but would be happy to give investors a large cut until their money's doubled.
Really, to run at peak effeciency, he needs to be able to buy 100 at a time, which gets him into the big discounts from bigger dealers who can't be arsed to deal in smaller amounts.

pragma
Quick update:

Work and life have caught up with me for a few days, Thumper is around and doing things. He doubtless was the kind of furniture moving, it's a post I want to savor.

I hope to catch up then post in ~2 days.
WinterRat1
Oh, btw, do we add in the dicepool penalties from the addiction quality ourselves when making the initial roll or are you just handling all that stuff in a way that fits a day-by-day game better?

I will handle the dice pool penalties from the addiction quality in my own way. Not every 'addiction roll' will be to see if your addiction worsens. In a day-to-day game like this one, that would be insane. I will be having you roll addiction rolls every IC day and tracking the results over time. Depending on various factors (addiction severity, getting a fix IC during the day, dice rolls, etc.) I will interpret the results of the roll. It may be something as simple as you getting a craving for a fix that I want you to roleplay, (but you aren't required to get one) all the way up to your addiction worsening. If it's the situation is such that your roll will warrant increasing the severity of your addiction, I will inform you so you can use Edge on the roll, if you choose.

Addiction Test People - I'll go over the rolls for your Addiction Tests tomorrow or Thursday and post the results then. Don't wait on my response to post IC though, none of the results will require you to wait on me or will affect your IC posting.

Box plans the following with his 8 hours of time following the sewer shit:
1. He'll grab somebody macho, preferably grack, and roll down to his old apartment complex and knock over the landlord for protection money from the October Ravens and loan of the landlord's tool kit.
2. He'll roll back to the HQ, deposit the tools, and see what else he needs.
3. He'll try to find some way to get a shower.
4. He'll see if he can find somebody who doesn't look too much like a gang-banger and walk down to touristville, call a cab, and go to home depot to buy the rest of the tools with his protection money.
5. When he gets out of Kingsgate, he'll try to plot a route back in and see if he can boost a car on his way home.
6. When he gets back to the HQ, he'll try and get Grack to fix the pipe while he sets up the power and the internets.
7. If time remains, he'll try to boost another sattelite dish from someone to see if he can set up a second, public access server, to start charging neighbors for TV.

Rob - I'm going to rule this is going to have to be done post-rendezvous. Box's time between leaving the sewer (little before 1600) to the present (2400) was spent unloading the truck and resting. That's a LOT of great role-playing opportunities and at least several of the items you listed have potentially noteworthy consequences depending on how they play out.

I know I did hold you up OOC for the purpose of getting everyone synced back up and you can make a legitimate argument for Box having the time/availability to undertake those tasks during the time period you specified. I concede that point up front. However, for the sake of getting all the PCs back on the same page I held everyone up even though they did have time to do other things; when I combine that with the above noted reason that much of the above list should be played through, I'm comfortable with ruling that none of that occurred between 16:00:00 and 24:00:00 on November 2. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation with your friendly Kingsgate GM. smile.gif

You are free to get rolling on those things immediately though.

I will also warn you in advance, Box's old squat was deep in Emerald Lotus turf and his landlord definitely paid protection money to them, in addition to hiring his own security. If you want to try and hit him up for protection money you're more than welcome to, but it's definitely going to involve more than you just showing up. Other items on your list, particularly 4, 5, and possibly 7 will definitely involve some more in-depth role-playing as well.

Really, to run at peak effeciency, he needs to be able to buy 100 at a time, which gets him into the big discounts from bigger dealers who can't be arsed to deal in smaller amounts.

Bearclaw - I'm just going to point out that you and the dealers you typically buy from are pretty small time. 100 BTLs per deal is probably stretching the limits of what they have available at any given moment. I'm not saying they can't or won't get that much, I'm simply letting you know that in Rico's past experiences with them, there's a very good chance that will exceed their 'on-hand' stock. They will probably need to take some time to stockpile that much, especially since selling that many to one person would severely limit or even possibly remove their ability to sell to others for a short time while they re-stock.

I will also note that's just Rico's best estimation of the situation as it currently stands. You can of course make arrangements IC to attempt to set up a situation more to Rico's plans and liking.
Meriss
@Pragma: No worries I can wait.
WinterRat1
Bearclaw - One other thing I forgot yesterday. By jumping Rico forward an hour while everyone else is still interacting socially, you basically locked yourself into just sitting there, especially if you are going to be waiting on other people.

I strongly suggest you remain close to the rest of the PCs time-wise, at least if you want to remain involved. If you still want to slot the BTL, it's a simple matter to just say Rico had slotted a BTL during the time everyone was resting and he came out of it around 00:00:00 or so. You don't have to make the change, but it's a thought since your timestamp basically took Rico out of the game until everyone else catches up.
WinterRat1
Meriss -

Ink had proudly recounted his unflinching machismo in front of the hated Plague when suddenly the realization of what he had truly done hit him like a ten pound hammer.

*Merda! Now the Plague knows the old turf is up for grabs! They know that Nona and Papi are all alone!*

Now what? At least, had he implied the continuation of the LoCoS, the Plague might have gone slower, gotten tied up with trying to puzzle out the true nature of any attacks from LoCoS turf. Now..... now they knew.

I was wondering when and if you'd realize what exactly you just did by being so macho with the Plague. devil.gif

Also, in your IC post, who's the guy with the Corsair patches? I don't think any of you are former members of that particular gang.

Plus, Rico isn't waiting in line for Legion. Only Shade and Felix are talking to Legion. According to Bearclaw's timestamp, Rico is passed out simming a BTL for the next hour until 01:00:00 (unless he takes my above advice and changes his timestamp, that is).

Fresno Bob
So I want to finish training for the next level of Blades on Aziz, but I can't remember how much time he had previously spent training, and how much karma it would cost, as I forgot to record it... What's the houserule for improving skills, 2x the new skill rating?
Bearclaw
Oh, OK. I figured it wouldn't take long to catch up, and I need to talk with Grendle offline before we have our conversation IC, so I can find out what his plans are and what he wants Rico doing. He's got about 500 nuyen left, which between his bills and his family obligations won't last a week, and that's if he can stay away from the Beetles.
WinterRat1
Training and Development Guidelines for karma cost and training time requirements.

As for how much time he previously spent training, you'll have to backtrack through the OOC thread to find that, since I don't track training information for each PC. That information should have been recorded by you on Aziz's Karma page, under the Training Time tracker.

I also note your rewards spending was never recorded on Aziz's Karma page; that page should be updated and that information should be entered there as well.

Meriss
Winter- I knew all along what I was doing, Ink just realized. And I didn't realize Rico was ahead of everyone else. Editing.

Aslo what's your position on the new stuff in Aug and Arse now that you've had a chance to read it?

EDIT:

Mr. J.: Brilliant! Ink will stand 100% behind any plan that includes the death of one or more Plague rats.
WinterRat1
Meriss - Ah, well then, you did a great job roleplaying Ink. I tip my hat to you for not making the strategically sound move because that's not what Ink would do. smile.gif

Augmentation and Arsenal are case-by-case. I won't universally approve them because some of the stuff may not be appropriate for the flavor of our campaign (or I might just make it insanely hard to get) but I'll discuss items on a case-by-case basis.

Rules from both books are generally in effect unless I have a reason not to use them. You may assume I am using the rules but I reserve the right to judge according to the situation. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask them.
WinterRat1
Shade might have an interesting moral dilemma coming up regarding the assassination of Alexis...
Meriss
QUOTE (WinterRat1 @ Feb 18 2009, 06:46 PM) *
Shade might have an interesting moral dilemma coming up regarding the assassination of Alexis...

Wouldn't be the Gate otherwise 'mano.
WinterRat1
How very true. biggrin.gif
Meriss
Winter: Not trying to increase your workload or anything man, but did we ever try PMing the Inactive list?

[ Spoiler ]
rob
WR - Given your guidance, I found some appropriate shit for box to do that's not exclusive with the fact that he was in the HQ when the kid showed up. I'm cool with keeping it however's convenient - when I tried to write the post I'd intended, I realized I couldn't do it without an absurd amount of modding.

Following are some dice rolls for hooking up the matrix connection. If you want to apply penalties, he'll be using some of the tools from whichever of his toolkits (automotive, firearms, and chemistry) apply. Basically, all he's doing is taking a sattelite dish and hooking it to a chopped up ol commlink as an antenna. Assumed he had it as part of his lifestyle, and specifically posted about recovering it earlier.
[ Spoiler ]

And for gathering some info about Dunkie:
[ Spoiler ]

Also, at character creation, Box's squat was placed on the main road between Hammerpack and Raider turf. The "ISU-90 Estates" in the locations section of the wiki. He got his squat hookup from Leon. Up to you if you want to move it to lotus turf, but it will create some consistency problems since he's walked there before.
WinterRat1
Meriss - We're done with the Inactives. They're on that list because they've been contacted multiple times and either declined to respond, specifically stated they aren't coming back, or never really showed up to play in the first place after they were approved.

If they want to approach us that's fine, but at this point everyone in the game is someone who's already proven their commitment, and I'm happy to keep it that way. This game is hard enough to run with the committed people; adding people who aren't able to be dedicated is just a waste of everyone's time and actively makes the game worse for everyone.

[ Spoiler ]
Meriss
Winter: Ci hefe, jou the boss.

[ Spoiler ]
Slipshade
Mr. J. - LOL! Are you trying to get Baby killed. smile.gif

Lindt
QUOTE (Slipshade @ Feb 18 2009, 10:22 PM) *
Mr. J. - LOL! Are you trying to get Baby killed. smile.gif

Seriously, lets take all the wussy ones and go do something! Or mabey its all the smart ones...
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Lindt @ Feb 18 2009, 11:06 PM) *
Seriously, lets take all the wussy ones and go do something! Or mabey its all the smart ones...

Actually, here is my reasoning.
Child and Baby are the two best bikers we have. They also both have bikes. Fool is the lighest of all "fighters", so he can ride with someone. And, if we get hit by a pack of ghoul, Baby is the best one to get us out of there wink.gif

That and if they all get spotted... they won't seem like much of a threat.
Slipshade
MJ - Actually I totally agree, if Baby wasn't still suffering from 6 boxes of physical damage. smile.gif
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Slipshade @ Feb 18 2009, 11:22 PM) *
MJ - Actually I totally agree, if Baby wasn't still suffering from 6 boxes of physical damage. smile.gif

Nonesense! nyahnyah.gif
Slipshade
LOL!
Fresno Bob
So I found my old post where I went into the training time, and I've apparently trained 3 out of the 6 hours I needed to raise Blades from 2 to 3.

I'll record it on my sheet to avoid anything like this in the future.
Whipstitch
Alright then, my current plans with Cuervo, provided he isn't interrupted, of course, is to scope out the immediate area within and surrounding the HQ to see if he can locate the nearest large rat's nest and fulfill his gaeas and endear himself to them a bit if at all possible. Dunno if that takes area knowledge, survival, tracking or whatever, but I'll make whatever rolls you want if you deem it necessary.

Although to be honest, I think it'd be kinda hard not to find rats in the Barrens. I ran a game once in which they were pretty much the cornerstone of the local economy.

Oh, btw, WR1, I was going through my message box and was reminded that I had been working on a potential grid location waaaaay back in April before the game first stalled. If you and Vegas are still interested, here's what I had so far, after a bit of polishing:

[ Spoiler ]

Lemme know if you're not interested or if there's anything you'd want me to revise.
Mister Juan
@WR1
Dying from a cold. You can NPC Felix until I'm back on my own two feet!
Thanks a whole damn bunch and sorry nyahnyah.gif
WinterRat1
Grendel - If you get to posting IC before me, go ahead and NPC Felix or else I'll do it when I get around to it.
Slipshade
The link for the HQ map on the wiki is down. Do we have a seperate building that we are using for vehicles?
Vegas
QUOTE (Slipshade @ Feb 21 2009, 11:46 AM) *
The link for the HQ map on the wiki is down. Do we have a seperate building that we are using for vehicles?

The link to the HQ map on the main home page has been corrected, the link in the navigation still doesn't work because... SURPRISE! We have a caching issue... again.

If this continues, I am about ready to move everything to another wiki, because I'm beyond frusterated. I wouldn't mind so much if it was a page that is set in stone and only changes once in a blue moon, but the navigation can change at any time... anyway, enough venting. Just know that it's fixed on the home page for now.

And yes, there is an outbuilding, a garage @ the HQ
Slipshade
Thanks Vegas!
pragma
Addiction:

Thumper
Alcohol(Moderate): # dice 9 :: 1 5 3 1 6 3 2 2 5 -- 3 hits

Recall that Thumper did snag a few beers for breakfast yesterday.

Lifestyle:

You might get your mugging wish sooner rather than later. I'm trying to figure out how much money I got off of the corpses I rolled in the Sushi Shack Showdown back in the day -- I haven't had any luck finding it in the OOC thread.

Meriss:

Post is going up soon.

WR1:

Is it cool to squeeze in some training time during the move in/ sync up post? I have faint recollections of that question being answered in the negative in the OOC, but also haven't had any luck finding the answer.
WinterRat1
I've got a weekend-long game I'm running this weekend so my posting this week will be light, but I'll make it a point to go through the OOC thread and handle the Addiction Tests and any lingering questions this week. Since no one is waiting on me to post IC this will be a more OOC intensive week from me, as I will be preparing for my tabletop game and letting you all continue to develop your inter-PC relationships. If anyone does want to interact with the NPCs though, I will make it a point to respond.

Thumper - No money from the Sushi Shack Showdown, although you guys did pick up some gear.

Everyone - As I noted earlier somewhere in this vast IC thread, it is ok to squeeze in some training time during the sync up posts, but carefully consider how much 'downtime' time you spend training relative to resting, not just in the sync up posts, but in your other IC posts as well.

For example, I'm going to be pretty lenient if adamu wants to use large portions of Grack's downtime for training, because his IC posts have consistently made it a point to emphasize Grack sleeping a lot, both in respect to number of naps and amount of time slept.

For some of you that have a habit of pushing your PCs to always be on the go, be advised that I am monitoring your approximate rest even if I don't keep exact numbers, and I'm not beyond giving you fatigue penalties or just ruling you happen to fall asleep at inopportune moments because you simply couldn't keep your eyes open any more.

Some might argue your PCs should have a better idea of how tired they really are, but remember none of you are exactly the healthiest individuals. Heck, some of your characters can't even spell recommended daily allowance, let alone grasp the concept. More than half of you are addicted to something, and practically everyone abuses some kind of substance to one degree or another. When you add that to constantly sleeping lightly so you don't get killed/raped/mugged in your sleep and eating unhealthy garbage when you eat at all, the evidence piles up that your PCs don't have quite as good an idea of how much sleep they really need as the Mystical Powers That Be ™. wink.gif

Don't worry, I won't be draconian about it, I'm just warning you all not to use repeatedly use 100% of the downtime for training, because it WILL catch up to you. On the flip side, as long as you make a reasonable effort to emphasize your character's resting, whether through your own IC posts or allowing my sync up/downtime posts to do the job, you don't have to worry. Clear enough?

Also, note that GM-enforced downtime can be used for either training or resting/healing. If you use time to train, then you are not using that time to res/heal.

For Bockscar, Baby, and Aziz, I assumed they used all the available time to rest/heal, which they needed to in order to heal the damage they did in my earlier OOC post. If any of you three plan on using that downtime to train, then you won't have met the required minimum time to heal. Also note that would be silly, because you have plenty of time to train IC now/in the very near future, if you have the inclination.

Did a little extra digging, here's some direct quotes from me earlier:

QUOTE ("WinterRat1")
Note that most characters should still be resting at least part or even the majority of the time, for role-playing purposes if not necessarily healing/statistical ones.

If I get the sense your character is not resting adequately throughout the course of the game, I will smack you with fatigue modifiers out of nowhere. Fatigue is nasty like that; you think you're doing fine, plenty of energy, then BOOM! Fatigue kicks you right in the nuts and you crash. biggrin.gif

For the record, I highly doubt that will be an issue, people have been great about realistically sleeping/resting/crashing. This was more of a 'don't abuse these downtime periods by trying to do nothing but train' warning.

Grack is probably the sole exception to this currently since every time I turn around, it seems like he's sleeping.

QUOTE ("WinterRat1")
During this 'downtime', you each have 12 hours of time to rest and/or train, in whatever combination you wish.

If you choose to use any part of the 12 hours to train, you MUST post IC depicting your training time. If you do not, you will not get credit for it. It doesn't have to be a super long post, but it should be a reasonable 'training montage' that at least shows some effort on your PC's part to improve themselves. You should also track your training time on the appropriate section of your character's wiki as well.

I won't be as harsh on role-playing posts for things that are harder to RP training for various reasons (e.g. Edge for lack of clarity, Gun skills for lack of ammo, etc.) as on things that are easier, like raising Body or Strength, which are obvious.

The key thing is to make me aware in the OOC thread that your intention is for your corresponding IC post to represent training time. Even if your IC thread isn't a perfect match for what you're trying to raise, what I care about is you're making the effort to be conscientious in having your character try to improve. Effort is a large chunk of the improvement process after all, so as long as your character is consistently trying to get better in a way that makes some kind of sense, that's generally good enough for me.

Any other questions on this subject?
Bearclaw
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Feb 20 2009, 08:55 PM) *
@WR1
Dying from a cold. You can NPC Felix until I'm back on my own two feet!
Thanks a whole damn bunch and sorry nyahnyah.gif

Could you help with this WR? We've got a que waiting for a chance at Legion, and he's in mid conversation with Felix.
Vegas
Question: Had it or has it been determined just how much "stuff" Rico brought back in the truck not to mention just what kind of stuff was in there? Just don't want to assume there was this or that in there or the quantity when writing up posts.
WinterRat1
QUOTE (Bearclaw @ Feb 22 2009, 12:52 PM) *
Could you help with this WR? We've got a que waiting for a chance at Legion, and he's in mid conversation with Felix.

Grendel - Would you mind moving the line forward by NPCing Felix's response? Apparently Legion is a popular guy today. If you don't get to it by some time tonight, I'll get something up to keep things moving along.

Vegas - You may assume there was decent scattering of random furniture in the truck. Nothing high quality, it's all used/secondhand and is fairly beat up and worn, but it's functional. As long as no one goes overboard with their assumptions I see no need to come up with an actual item-by-item inventory. Feel free to use your imaginations, but it should be limited to basic furniture that would be found in places like the Gate. Mattresses, beds, tables, chairs, cabinets, the bare minimums, nothing fancy. Does that suffice?
Vegas
Vegas - You may assume there was decent scattering of random furniture in the truck. Nothing high quality, it's all used/secondhand and is fairly beat up and worn, but it's functional. As long as no one goes overboard with their assumptions I see no need to come up with an actual item-by-item inventory. Feel free to use your imaginations, but it should be limited to basic furniture that would be found in places like the Gate. Mattresses, beds, tables, chairs, cabinets, the bare minimums, nothing fancy. Does that suffice?

Definitely does. Just was wondering if it was enough stuff that the majority of the gangers could have something soft to rest on when needed or what. Had something cooking in my head that could still take place, but wanted to know if it would be necessary is all smile.gif Thanks!
Slipshade
WR1 - Baby rested the entire time.

Vegas - I figured Baby made a bed outta whatever clothing and blankets she would have brought with her. If a matress is available I would think she had Rags would have grabbed one to share.
Slipshade
Everyone - Baby and Rags are currently squatting in the Junior Office (far right) on the second floor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012