Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Northern VA Shockers?, Gauging interest in SR4 in NOVA
Aristotle
post Aug 1 2007, 01:25 PM
Post #1

Slacker Extraordinaire

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 997

I'm mostly just curious as to how many people from our community live in the area and are looking for games. I'm a transplant from PA and was commuting to PA for games for a few years after moving down here. I've taken a year off from gaming, but now I have a serious itch to try out SR4. I've played with the same group for so long that I think I've forgotten how to meet new gamers, and finding folks in my age range has become increasingly difficult. So...

Hi. I'm Aristotle. I'm 31 and a new resident of Ashburn, VA. I currently collect Shadowrun and both d20 (fantasy and modern) products. I've given away most of the rest of my game collection. I've always preferred to run games, although I have yet to run SR4, with small groups (3 or 4 players). I'm not apposed to playing, but I'm rusty (I've not been on the other side of the GM screen in over a decade).

I'm not likely looking to get involved with anything until mid-fall. I'd probably prefer a biweekly game with the occasional extra session if scheduling permits. I'm available Friday evenings or just about any time on Saturdays. I could probably host games, in a non-smoking-friendly environment, or commute locally as needed.

Anyone else?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pantomime
post Aug 2 2007, 01:30 AM
Post #2

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,427

What's going on Aristotle =).

i'm Pantomime, Originally from MD, I moved to winchester VA, then I eventually got tired of commuting 2hrs each way for work and my fiance and I recently moved to Alexandria. She is relativly new to PnP, I've been gming for about 15 years. I am definitely not against being a player however. I just recently started a play by post game for my old game groups since we all just spread across the globe =/. There are a few game stores in NoVa that have decent play area's.

+Quote Post
Dr_Dro
post Aug 28 2007, 02:43 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 10,631

I go by Dro, I'm in DC. Ashburn may be a little bit of a hike for me, but if its good, I may as well go for it. I haven't truly played SR in a while. I'd be willing to be a player (don't know enough to run a game myself just yet). Let me know.

+Quote Post
tyweise
post Aug 28 2007, 03:57 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 5,848

Man, why do I only ever hear about PA players after they've moved out of state?

Still, some locals here (Pittsburgh) are gonna be getting into SR Missions, so things should be looking up.

+Quote Post
n00bulatol2
post Sep 13 2007, 03:47 AM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 13,200

A co-worker and I may be interested in joining your game. Are you still interested in running a game of 4th edition? We are both in the NOVA area, Fairfax and Reston and we regularly game at a shop out in Chantilly. Let me know if you'd be interested still.

+Quote Post
Dr_Dro
post Sep 14 2007, 10:36 PM
Post #6

Target

I'm interested

+Quote Post
AbNo
post Sep 20 2007, 05:57 AM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 8,196

Two hours each way is a bit far, sorry. :(

+Quote Post
n00bulatol2
post Sep 23 2007, 12:52 AM
Post #8

Target

Member No.: 13,200

You goin to JMU AbNo? Graduated from there myself 2 years ago...

+Quote Post
Zhan Shi
post Sep 24 2007, 05:21 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 12,615

"Game Parlor", in Chantilly, has a large gaming area, and it's usually hopping on weekends. This store is also in Woodbridge, but I've never been to that location.

+Quote Post
AbNo
post Sep 26 2007, 07:40 PM
Post #10

Target

QUOTE (n00bulatol2)
You goin to JMU AbNo? Graduated from there myself 2 years ago...

No, I can't stand most of the JMU sorrostitutes, really.

I'm going to Blue Ridge, down in Weyer's Cave. It's only a 15 minute drive, so that's not too bad.

I'm considering Old Dominion down in Northern Tidewater when I get done here. I used to live in Virginia Beach back in 2005, and I know a few decent gamers down there I could get back in touch with.

+Quote Post
Warlordtheft
post Nov 13 2007, 04:54 AM
Post #11

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 11,360

Hoi chummers, I'm looking for people to play SR4 with in NOVA. I'm live in Vienna, but work in DC. I willing to be either GM or a player in a Monthly or Bi-monthly game. Post here if you are interested.

Slotting trogs that frag dandelion eaters nead not apply!

(I miss the old slang!)

+Quote Post
Dr_Dro
post Nov 16 2007, 05:23 PM
Post #12

Target

I'm still interested, just gotta know the when and wheres part, see if I can fit it in my schedule.

+Quote Post
Warlordtheft
post Nov 17 2007, 04:38 AM
Post #13

Neophyte Runner

Yeah! But aint that the trick. Hence why I am thinking once or twice a month. I am not about to set a schedule yet, but can be somewhat flexible. (no wife or kids, just ferret)

What is your availability?

+Quote Post
Dr_Dro
post Nov 18 2007, 09:46 PM
Post #14

Target

twice a month is fine by me. Over the weekend.

+Quote Post
Warlordtheft
post Nov 22 2007, 05:11 AM
Post #15

Neophyte Runner

OK. But I'll need more than one other player!! I am thinking of starting after the holiday season, say the second Sunday in January (what ever date that is), at the Chantilly Game Parlor.

Would that work?

+Quote Post
Warlordtheft
post Dec 5 2007, 04:37 AM
Post #16

Neophyte Runner

Just to follow-up. I am 34 and have been playing on and off since 1st ed came out. Most of my playing was done in college under 2nd ed. Tried third, but never played it much. I am looking at 4th Ed, ran a canned adventure, First Run, (something I don't normally do) once. I liked the system, but I thought the matrix checks to get information was too easy. But that seems more a beef with the adventure than the system itself.

Is anyone else interested?

+Quote Post
Warlordtheft
post Jan 4 2008, 03:13 AM
Post #17

Neophyte Runner

Ok, Just to follow up. On the 13th at the Chantilly Game Parlor, I will be there from 12:00 to 2:00 PM (longer if people show up). My hope is to get a group together, create the characters and gauge what style of game the players would be interested in.

+Quote Post
cREbralFIX
post Mar 10 2008, 11:47 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,150

Anyone interested in SR4 in NoVA? I know the thread's two months out of date.

The Game Parlor is a good location.

+Quote Post
AbNo
post Mar 11 2008, 06:11 AM
Post #19

Target

How far into NoVa? I'm down near JMU/EMU, and the like. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohplease.gif)

+Quote Post
cREbralFIX
post Mar 11 2008, 01:12 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

QUOTE (AbNo @ Mar 11 2008, 02:11 AM) *
How far into NoVa? I'm down near JMU/EMU, and the like. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohplease.gif)

The Game Parlor is in Chantilly, VA -- so very much into Fairfax County.

Additionally, would anyone consider playing remotely on a conference call? I'm not really into turning SR4 into a tactical simulation using figures...I prefer more of a story telling style.

It looks like we have several folks interested. Chantilly seems to be a good compromise for the local players.

+Quote Post
ZenGamer
post Mar 14 2008, 01:57 PM
Post #21

Target

Member No.: 15,774

I am also from PA, and then moved to Manassas VA, but now I live in PA again!!! Why did I not check out this forum when I lived in NoVA???!?!??!!?? Sigh.

Anyway, sorry this post isn't useful to anyone, just thought it was a funny coincidence. BTW, if anyone is in Northeastern PA, Wyoming Valley area, I currently have an SR4 game going and could MAYBE, just maybe fit a 5th player. 5 is a bit much for me, but I expect to lose one or two players fairly soon as they are completely stuck on White-Wolf games and don't really give anything else a chance. It was tough to even get them to make characters, and I'm trying hard to make sure everyone has fun, but they're particularly stubborn.

And I'm new to the forum, this is my first post here. So hello.

+Quote Post
cREbralFIX
post Mar 26 2008, 03:38 PM
Post #22

Moving Target

We're trying to get a day and time nailed down for a first meet.

If you're interested in meeting sometime on the weekend of March 29-30, 2008, please PM me. Please include an email address so I can add you to the mailing list.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:56 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.