> A Kratas Shuffle
Grinder
post Aug 16 2007, 10:54 AM
Post #1

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

Link to OOC- thread

Kratas is, without a doubt, not the most beautiful city of Barsaive. The ruins everywhere, the dust, the dirt and the ruthlessnes of the average inhabitant make it hard to enjoy a longer stay in the city, but when it's raining it gets worse. And it's raining, heavily in fact. Rainy days like this one aren't the norm, thankfully, but trap you in your house nonetheless.

You're sitting in the house's main room, that is next to the kitchen and equipped with comfortable furniture, a chimney and several light quarzes.

What are you doing?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ophis
post Aug 16 2007, 03:39 PM
Post #2

Mystery Archaeologist

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,760

Seraph sits cross legged in a corner, her attention totally of the piece of linen she is stitching on, she quietly sings a song to her self as she sews.

We stood against the horror tide,
We shut our fear deep down inside,
With swords, and spells and claws,
We faced our foes and held the line.

She doesn't ever seem to reach the end of a song, switching between different tunes seemingly randomly.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Aug 16 2007, 06:14 PM
Post #3

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

In the end, it comes down to just me. They can't be there. I can't depend on them to fight my battles. What is life but a constant struggle for survival? Would I have others live my life then? That is not the way. Struggles must be overcome by the self, within first, then without. To do otherwise would be to leave my self emty, just a shell. I can depend on no one but my self.

Slowly, Vas opened his eyes, looking around the small room, and out the window to the gloom outside. The rain may be ouring, but it made for good cover for certain types of work. It offered it's own challenges yes, but what didn't? If nothing else, at least there was no dought. The crops wouldn't dry out and dry. Might drown though.

Feeling a bit more cheerful and self assured after his karma ritual, Vas stands slowly and stretches.

Seraph what're you making over there? Doesn't look like much for selling. Keepsake? We need to find us some dishonest crime.

He smiles and laughs, only trying to rib a bit, not upset her.

I mean come on! We didn't come to Kratas to do needle work!

Vas smiles, trying to get some conversation out of her.

+Quote Post
Ophis
post Aug 16 2007, 06:32 PM
Post #4

Mystery Archaeologist

Very deliberately Seraph sticks her tongue out at Vas.

I was making a pretty bag for you to put over your head, my sweet. That way you won't scare the trolls with your face

Seraph, slips the needle through her work carefully securing it in place, then she unceremoniously stuffs it into a pouch. She stands gracefully, and wanders over to a window. She watches the hit the glass and the ground.

Plip plop, drip drop. Korian? Do you think Stripey will be okay? He can swim can't he?

It would appear that Seraph is in one of her more childlike moods...

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Aug 16 2007, 06:45 PM
Post #5

Uncle Fisty

Vas watches her for a moment, hands on his hips. Well it's clear that someone is vacationing somewhere else in side her head.

She'd better not be horror marked.

Serisouly, how long can we stay in here? We're going ... I might go nuts if we stay in here much longer.

There's all sorts of new and exciting ventures and crimes out there, just waiting to be started by some enterprising soul!

+Quote Post
Metatron
post Aug 16 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,451

Stripey? You know full well his name is Ragnar.

Korian moved away from the window and the Hawk, to his pack. He retrieved some wrapped meat from it, and threw it over to the two crojen who were just starting to stir. He also started his way up the stairs with some more meat for the stone lion.

I just wish the rain would stop so I can let Thunder get some exercise. If you want to go and find some dishonest crime Vas, don't let me stop you
Korian says with a hint of a smile on his lips, continuing up the stairs.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Aug 16 2007, 07:48 PM
Post #7

Uncle Fisty

Shrugging, Vas goes for his cloak, sword already on his side.

Keep the firing going will you?

With that he heads out the door, cloak up, but back enough to allow peripheral vision. He takes very little coin with him, just to be on the safe side.

Better than smelling wet cat all day. How a beastmaster can be such a home body I'll never know.

He walks out in to the rain, looking left and right, then heads off down the street, towards the east.

+Quote Post
Ophis
post Aug 16 2007, 09:08 PM
Post #8

Mystery Archaeologist

Seraph watches Vas leave out the window.

He better not get in trouble. Well not to much trouble. You heard any rumours about Mum and Dad? I was talking to someone last night. He heard a story about a ship that could be their's taking out a Theran Kila of the coast north of Marac. But it was about six months ago.

She sits down, in a chair this time. Pulls out her stitching and starts working again.

+Quote Post
Metatron
post Aug 16 2007, 09:48 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

I've heard the same as you, you know that. Vas'll be fine, the worst that'll happen is he'll come in a little roughed up and very wet.

+Quote Post
Ophis
post Aug 16 2007, 10:31 PM
Post #10

Mystery Archaeologist

Or he'll come running and we'll need to pull his arse out of trouble. Again. How come you never get in trouble? It's always me or Vas, your just the sensible, like mum always claimed she...

Seraph trails off, tears welling in her eyes.

+Quote Post
Metatron
post Aug 16 2007, 11:12 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Korian goes over to try and comfort his sister.

Yeah, I'm always the sensible one! If only she knew some of the scrapes I've been involved in finding her!

Finish your sewing, I want to see it when it's finished. If he comes running, we'll deal with it then. If not, then as long as he doesn't shake himself dry over us, we'll figure something out.

+Quote Post
Ophis
post Aug 16 2007, 11:19 PM
Post #12

Mystery Archaeologist

Seraph hugs her brother, grinning.

Thank you. I'm not sure if I'm in the mood for this now. We could follow Vas, he left bit of a print in the rug. We could surprise him

Seraph flashes a mischievous grin at her brother, her eyes sparkling with ideas as well as the fading tears.

+Quote Post
Metatron
post Aug 16 2007, 11:26 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Have you seen the rain? It's most likely to have washed all traces of him away by now, and he's barely left.

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Aug 17 2007, 06:47 PM
Post #14

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Vas - strolling around

As soon as he has left the shelter of the room, the smell and noises of Kratas make their way to Vas' senses. Even the constant rain couldn't wash away the layers of dirt, unwashed bodies and all kinds of emotions that make the city so special. And appealing.

Vas wanders off, without a special direction in mind. A turn here, a turn there and he finds himself in the quarter of Kratas named The Stables. Here's where stables for rent, taverns for cavalrymen (and mercs), brothels and the like are centered - at least when you're either a cavalryman or a merc. Vas has been in this quarter a couple of times and knows some of the more shadier taverns.

A young, attractive human woman whistles when he passes by. Hey Vas! Come over here, I have news for you!

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Aug 17 2007, 06:51 PM
Post #15

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Seraph & Korian - inside the house

Just to underline Korians words, a particular nasty rain shower comes down.

Someones knocking on the front door.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Aug 17 2007, 07:11 PM
Post #16

Uncle Fisty

Vas walks over, still keeping an eye on his surroundings.
Jesela makes her money lying down, so it's unlikely shes setting up an ambush. But that doesn't mean she isn't interested in making some money on the side.

Morning Jesela. Beautiful day we're having isn't it?

Does nice things to her blouse.

Eyes front! On her eyes. Don't show a weakness. Stupid.

He smiles

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Aug 17 2007, 07:17 PM
Post #17

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Jesela takes a step back under the cover of a shop's roof after Vas noticed her.

She smiles to him and gives him a curious look. Seems like your Everdry cloak is beginning to lose it's magic. I told you not to buy it from K'lartaaran - now you have the mess. Anyway, that's not why I was calling you. I heard that the ork you set up and stripped of all his money three nights ago finally found out who was responsible for it. Just be warned - you better lay down and get out of this quarter for the next weeks. He's no Kratans, but he's looking for you and knows how to ask questions in the way that he gets answers.

+Quote Post
Ophis
post Aug 17 2007, 08:02 PM
Post #18

Mystery Archaeologist

Seraph looks up when she hears the knock,

If that's Vas having forgotten his keys, I'm going to tease him sooo much. For a start I'm sure he can pick locks...

I'll get it sweety.

She bounds to her feet leaving the stitching on her seat. A few skips take her to the door, her hair flowing behind her, and one hand drifting to the handle of the whip wrapped several times round her tiny waist.

Her other hand strays towards the door. Grasps the handle. Then stops. Seraph grins at Korian and peers suspiciously through the peep hole in the door.

Seraph is disbelieving what she sees as well as looking who it is.
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Aug 17 2007, 08:05 PM
Post #19

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Outside a human man is standing. He's middle-sized, with too much weight for his size on his belly, long blond hair (dripping wet now) and a fleshy face with deep-set green eyes. His clothings are (besides being complety wet) well-tailored and not on the cheap side. A sword is resting in a sheath on his right side.

He knocks again, harder this time.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Aug 17 2007, 08:08 PM
Post #20

Uncle Fisty

Vas smiles and nods. Information was worth more than coin in Kratas. As Vas [ihad[/i] no information at the moment, he gave her 50 silver anwyay.

Much appreciated. i'd better get back to my squat then beffore trouble comes looking for me while I'm out.

Vas slips away, careful to use a number of choke points on his route back in case it is infact a trap to find the way back to his home.

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Aug 17 2007, 08:11 PM
Post #21

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Maybe by dump luck or because Vas' luck had left him, a big, hairy hand finds the way to his right shoulder. Despite his best efforts, Vas is turned around and looks straight into the eyes of a broad-shouldered ork whose face is red of anger.

Finally, I found you! You know what I want from you, don't you?

+Quote Post
Ophis
post Aug 17 2007, 08:14 PM
Post #22

Mystery Archaeologist

Nice eyes, needs to lose a bit of weight though

Seraph stops her examination and steps back opening the door, glancing towards Korian assessing his position. She swings the door open.

Hello, can I help you?

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Aug 17 2007, 08:18 PM
Post #23

Great, I'm a Dragon...

I hope you can help me! I know that you're one of the adepts I'm looking for, so open the door and let me in!

You're not sure, but steam may rose from his head if he's gonna stay in the rain any longer.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Aug 17 2007, 08:20 PM
Post #24

Uncle Fisty

taunt

A kiss? Or maybe just a hair cut for your hand.

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Aug 17 2007, 08:23 PM
Post #25

Great, I'm a Dragon...

The ork bursts out a laugh. A kiss would be a start. If you want to pay back your debts that way... That or the money you stole from me three nights ago.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:14 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.