Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rocket powered bionic arm, Hydraulics are for sissies
Buster
post Aug 28 2007, 06:53 PM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,869

Had to share this with cyber fans. This new bionic arm burns rocket fuel which creates steam to open and close a series of valves to power the arm. Very steampunk. The steam is cooled before it reaches the skin where it evaporates like natural sweat.

http://pressesc.com/news/1133/20082007/mil...ered-bionic-arm
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Naysayer
post Aug 28 2007, 07:17 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,326

QUOTE (Buster)
(...)The steam is cooled before it reaches the skin where it evaporates like natural sweat.(...)

Aww, it would be so much cooler to have all the valves and pipes go all "whooohoo" and blow huge pillars of steam when you rip some guttertrash to pieces with your shiny new, maxed out, customized Valvemaster Dominator arm.
Then pause to spit out some chap, flash a smug smile and drop some kickass one-liner about how you "just had to vent some steam".
Gaharr.

Nifty piece o' technology, btw.
Nice find.

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Aug 28 2007, 07:34 PM
Post #3

Bushido Cowgirl

From: On the Double K Ranch a half day's ride out of Phlogiston Flats
Member No.: 7,490

...also mentioned here

steam powered cyberarm

+Quote Post
Naysayer
post Aug 28 2007, 07:37 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,326

Explains that eerie feeling of dejà vu.
I had blamed it on the sleep deprivation...

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Aug 30 2007, 02:46 PM
Post #5

Incertum est quo loco te mors expectet;

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,760

QUOTE (Naysayer)
QUOTE (Buster @ Aug 28 2007, 01:53 PM)
(...)The steam is cooled before it reaches the skin where it evaporates like natural sweat.(...)

Aww, it would be so much cooler to have all the valves and pipes go all "whooohoo" and blow huge pillars of steam when you rip some guttertrash to pieces with your shiny new, maxed out, customized Valvemaster Dominator arm.
Then pause to spit out some chap, flash a smug smile and drop some kickass one-liner about how you "just had to vent some steam".
Gaharr.

Nifty piece o' technology, btw.
Nice find.

One does have to wonder how hard it would be to make it so it gives off puffs of acrid, black smoke and sudden hisses of the release of explosive steam. That would be a major selling point for me. Especially if instead of a hand it had a giant claw I could use to crush things like soda cans and the skulls of my enemies.

Hmm... Probably a good thing I never went into the prosthetics industry.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:52 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.