Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rocket powered bionic arm
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Buster
Had to share this with cyber fans. This new bionic arm burns rocket fuel which creates steam to open and close a series of valves to power the arm. Very steampunk. The steam is cooled before it reaches the skin where it evaporates like natural sweat.

http://pressesc.com/news/1133/20082007/mil...ered-bionic-arm
Naysayer
QUOTE (Buster)
(...)The steam is cooled before it reaches the skin where it evaporates like natural sweat.(...)

Aww, it would be so much cooler to have all the valves and pipes go all "whooohoo" and blow huge pillars of steam when you rip some guttertrash to pieces with your shiny new, maxed out, customized Valvemaster Dominator arm.
Then pause to spit out some chap, flash a smug smile and drop some kickass one-liner about how you "just had to vent some steam".
Gaharr.

Nifty piece o' technology, btw.
Nice find.
Kyoto Kid
...also mentioned here

steam powered cyberarm
Naysayer
Explains that eerie feeling of dejà vu.
I had blamed it on the sleep deprivation...
nezumi
QUOTE (Naysayer)
QUOTE (Buster @ Aug 28 2007, 01:53 PM)
(...)The steam is cooled before it reaches the skin where it evaporates like natural sweat.(...)

Aww, it would be so much cooler to have all the valves and pipes go all "whooohoo" and blow huge pillars of steam when you rip some guttertrash to pieces with your shiny new, maxed out, customized Valvemaster Dominator arm.
Then pause to spit out some chap, flash a smug smile and drop some kickass one-liner about how you "just had to vent some steam".
Gaharr.

Nifty piece o' technology, btw.
Nice find.

One does have to wonder how hard it would be to make it so it gives off puffs of acrid, black smoke and sudden hisses of the release of explosive steam. That would be a major selling point for me. Especially if instead of a hand it had a giant claw I could use to crush things like soda cans and the skulls of my enemies.

Hmm... Probably a good thing I never went into the prosthetics industry.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012