IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Technomancers and wired systems, How do they interact?
farrenj
post Aug 30 2007, 08:17 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,367

How would a technomancer interact with a fully wired system? Sure, it might have an AR display he could make use of, but what if he wanted to go VR within the wired system. Would he have to have a commlink attached to a trode net and a datajack going from the link to the system and use the link as a go between node to get access to the wired system? Or am I missing something fundamental about technomancers or the way computers work in 2070?

P.S. This has been bugging me. Why does everyone refer to the SR4 corebook as the BBB?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Redjack
post Aug 30 2007, 08:24 PM
Post #2

Man Behind the Curtain

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

A fully wired system. He who need to breach physical security and attach a wired node to the system.

+Quote Post
Lagomorph
post Aug 30 2007, 09:06 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,832

Well if a TM had a datajack he'd be able to wire in. Or he could attach any kind of wireless node (like a comm link) into the wired network and access through there.

QUOTE (farrenj @ Aug 30 2007, 08:17 PM)
P.S. This has been bugging me. Why does everyone refer to the SR4 corebook as the BBB?

BBB = Big Black Book, previous editions of SR were black in color. I guess for this edition, Big Blue Book would work as well.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Aug 30 2007, 09:24 PM
Post #4

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

QUOTE (Lagomorph @ Aug 31 2007, 07:06 AM)
BBB = Big Black Book, previous editions of SR were black in color. I guess for this edition, Big Blue Book would work as well.

Shadowrun's first edition was the Big Blue Book. This one isn't that blue though ... maybe the BUB - Big Ugly Book.

+Quote Post
Lagomorph
post Aug 31 2007, 12:59 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,832

QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Lagomorph @ Aug 31 2007, 07:06 AM)

Shadowrun's first edition was the Big Blue Book. This one isn't that blue though ... maybe the BUB - Big Ugly Book.

lol I'm a n00b, only been playing since second edition >_<

+Quote Post
Marwynn
post Aug 31 2007, 02:24 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 12,093

House Rule: If he touches it he could link with it.

But otherwise I'm guessing either a trodenet interface or a datajack.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:59 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.