Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Technomancers and wired systems
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
farrenj
How would a technomancer interact with a fully wired system? Sure, it might have an AR display he could make use of, but what if he wanted to go VR within the wired system. Would he have to have a commlink attached to a trode net and a datajack going from the link to the system and use the link as a go between node to get access to the wired system? Or am I missing something fundamental about technomancers or the way computers work in 2070?

P.S. This has been bugging me. Why does everyone refer to the SR4 corebook as the BBB?
Redjack
A fully wired system. He who need to breach physical security and attach a wired node to the system.
Lagomorph
Well if a TM had a datajack he'd be able to wire in. Or he could attach any kind of wireless node (like a comm link) into the wired network and access through there.

QUOTE (farrenj @ Aug 30 2007, 08:17 PM)
P.S. This has been bugging me. Why does everyone refer to the SR4 corebook as the BBB?

BBB = Big Black Book, previous editions of SR were black in color. I guess for this edition, Big Blue Book would work as well.
Fortune
QUOTE (Lagomorph @ Aug 31 2007, 07:06 AM)
BBB = Big Black Book, previous editions of SR were black in color. I guess for this edition, Big Blue Book would work as well.

Shadowrun's first edition was the Big Blue Book. This one isn't that blue though ... maybe the BUB - Big Ugly Book.
Lagomorph
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Lagomorph @ Aug 31 2007, 07:06 AM)

Shadowrun's first edition was the Big Blue Book. This one isn't that blue though ... maybe the BUB - Big Ugly Book.

lol I'm a n00b, only been playing since second edition >_<
Marwynn
House Rule: If he touches it he could link with it.

But otherwise I'm guessing either a trodenet interface or a datajack.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012