Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Klaus Scherwinski art appreciation thread
Bull
post Sep 1 2007, 01:32 PM
Post #1

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Group: Admin
Member No.: 50

Having gotten to hang out a little and chat a lot with Shadowrun artist Klaus Scherwinski at the last few GenCons may have skewed my perceptions a little bit, but it helps that he's one hell of an artist to boot. The man is very cool, very funny, and just an amazing artist. He sketches nonstop while manning the booth (First FanPro, now Catalyst), and does some great sketches in mere minutes. Those who were at the "Whats Up with IMR" seminar at GC this year can attest to that, as he did a really nice, large sketch while waiting for the seminar to start.

His official site can be found Here. He's got some nice art up there, but it's only the tip of the iceberg, really. He's only got a fraction of his art displayed there.

Anyways, this thread is really just an excuse to show off some of the sweet art he's sketched in the front of several of my books. :) I also have a print of his Optimus Prime cover for IDW's Transformers comic that I got this year at GC.

Ork Decker - The first sketch he did, this is a really sweet looking Ork Decker he did at GenCon 2005 when SR4 came out in the front cover of my original SR4 book (regular edition).

Troll - This one's a little harder to see, as it was done in pencil. Klaus stole my SR4 LE from me overnight and put a little extra detail into this one at GenCon 2006.

Dwarf Sammy - A pic Klaus did this year in my Augmentation book. I'm not sure how long this one took, as people kept coming up to him as he tried to start this pic, so I told him he could work on it whenever he had time and left it with him for the day. He's a great pic, with some good detailing. He asked me what to draw, and since it was for Augmentation, I figured Dwarf (Since I hadn't seen him sketch any Dwarves lately) with a Cyberarm. :]

Hopefully, I'll remember to bring Street Magic next year, and get him to do something up in there, Arsenal, and Unwired (assuming he has the time and energy :)).

So, any of you GC goers get any nifty sketches you want to show off, or anyone else have any favorite pieces he's done in the SR books?

Bull
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Sep 1 2007, 01:51 PM
Post #2

Hoppelhäschen 5000

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,951

Great stuff. Still, I miss Steve "BigNoses" Prescott. :(

+Quote Post
Bull
post Sep 1 2007, 01:58 PM
Post #3

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig)
Great stuff. Still, I miss Steve "BigNoses" Prescott. :(

I find I've been a bit of a fan of some of the more controversial artists... namely Prescott and Laubenstein (In my head, all trolls look like they were done by Laubenstein).

I think my favorite artist, because he was very rock solid and was realistic while not going photorealistic was Jim Nelson. Good guy, great artist.

But enough about those chumps! None of them party like Klaus* :)

Bull

*Well, ok, none of them have partied with me :smokin:

+Quote Post
eidolon
post Sep 1 2007, 02:34 PM
Post #4

ghostrider

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,333

Klaus is a damn cool cat, that's for sure. His art rocks on toast, too.

Here's the badass ork he did for me in the front my copy of Augmentation at Gencon this year.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Sep 1 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #5

Uncle Fisty

Member No.: 6,928

Very cool stuf.

Laubenstein I only like in Earthdawn. *shrug*

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Sep 1 2007, 04:46 PM
Post #6

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

QUOTE (Bull)
Dwarf Sammy - A pic Klaus did this year in my Augmentation book.

I don't know what makes me more jealous: the fact that you have a drawing done by Klaus (who is undoubtly a hell of an artist!) or that you have a hardcopy of Augmentation :D

Love Jim Nelson and especially Jeff Laubenstein, too. :love:

+Quote Post
Demonseed Elite
post Sep 1 2007, 09:52 PM
Post #7

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 67

If Klaus did more Shadowrun book covers, I'd be a very happy camper.

Hell, more interior art too! :grinbig:

+Quote Post
apollo124
post Sep 2 2007, 03:43 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,246

Klaus did me a troll guy in my Shadows of Europe book I got at GenCon, which he also did the cover for. Gotta tell you, the man drew that picture faster than I could've decided what I wanted to draw. Here's the link to the pic.

http://picasaweb.google.com/michaelslate/P...PublicDocuments

Second that motion to get Klaus to draw more SR, if you can pull him away from Degenesis for a while. :)

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Sep 2 2007, 04:14 AM
Post #9

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

who did the troll in sr2?

+Quote Post
Bull
post Sep 2 2007, 10:32 AM
Post #10

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

QUOTE (hobgoblin)
who did the troll in sr2?

Which one? :)

And damn, my SR2 is packed away god knows where, so I can;t even flip through...

If it's one of the archetype pics, I want to say Laubenstein, but not positive.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Sep 2 2007, 12:37 PM
Post #11

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

checked SR3 as the same one was used there. and if i had done so i would have seen that they where signed. nelson, i think...

+Quote Post
Bull
post Sep 2 2007, 02:38 PM
Post #12

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Ahh, the "Sample Metahuman" pics by the Race descriptions.

Yeah, Jim Nelson. :)

Bull

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:31 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.