IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Character Generators?, Any with Augmentation?
Jezerel
post Sep 6 2007, 03:40 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 974

Hi

Are there any character generators updated for Augmentation?

Not that I want to make life easier for myself or anything :)

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eleazar
post Sep 6 2007, 09:07 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,130

Currently there are not, but there are plans to add augmentation material to the the current chargens.

+Quote Post
CyberKender
post Sep 7 2007, 03:10 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 11,895

I've been attempting to update Autarkis and blakkie;s Excel sheet generator, but my Excel-fu isn't all that great. If someone else were to beat me to it, that would be awesome.

+Quote Post
imperialus
post Sep 7 2007, 06:08 AM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 769

I think Blakkie still plans on getting around to that but he's busy getting his kids settled into school.

+Quote Post
Thyme Lost
post Sep 7 2007, 05:05 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,312

What about Daegann's Character Generator for SR4?

If I remember correctly, someone other than Daegann updated the program for Street Magic, if I remember correctly.

So is anyone going to update that program for Augmentation?

+Quote Post
Buster
post Sep 7 2007, 05:18 PM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 11,869

QUOTE (Thyme Lost @ Sep 7 2007, 12:05 PM)

If I remember correctly, someone other than Daegann updated the program for Street Magic, if I remember correctly.

So is anyone going to update that program for Augmentation?

You can! Just go to the Data menu and select Cyber/Bioware then Add all the Augmentation items you want. If you've got the time, maybe you can fix the errors like in Skillwires and so on...

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Sep 7 2007, 05:47 PM
Post #7

Bushido Cowgirl

From: On the Double K Ranch a half day's ride out of Phlogiston Flats
Member No.: 7,490

QUOTE (CyberKender)
I've been attempting to update Autarkis and blakkie;s Excel sheet generator, but my Excel-fu isn't all that great. If someone else were to beat me to it, that would be awesome.

...I have slowly been adding stuff to Autarkis' as I go along. My VizBasic savvy is not that good either, so as a quick fix I have attached all Gentech and Nanotech ware to the Bioware Table on the Tables sheet.

I have also expanded the Cyber/Biotech section on the Main Sheet as well as the corresponding field on the Character Sheet.

+Quote Post
Hartbaine
post Sep 7 2007, 07:39 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 13,115

Where could one aquire this little toy?

+Quote Post
Irian
post Sep 7 2007, 07:47 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,709

http://daegann.free.fr/programmes/programmes.php

The site is french, the tool is english.

+Quote Post
Buster
post Sep 7 2007, 07:53 PM
Post #10

Running Target

That tool has lots of errors in the prices and essence costs of the gear, so be sure to double check all your equipment (or equipemente as it's called in the tool) with the book values before you play your character.

+Quote Post
WearzManySkins
post Sep 7 2007, 07:53 PM
Post #11

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 11,440

KK,

Can one obtain your spreadsheet that you have modded?

WMS

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Sep 7 2007, 08:49 PM
Post #12

Bushido Cowgirl

QUOTE (WearzManySkins)
KK,

WMS

sure.

One note: it is still very much a work in progress as I have been adding things by necessity for PCs/NPCs I generate. I haven't actually sat down and gone through the supplement (as I just got the PDF a week ago) and put everything in yet.

Simply adding new gear was the easiest for it just required editing the Tables sheet. Unlike the NSRCG (SRIII) This does take a bit more work as I had to also edit the "Gather" tables. The biggest pain was expanding the Selection matrices on the Main page (I still don't know why character sheets be they paper or electronic never seem to have enough room for gear). Because there is so interlinking between the different sheets it involves modifying several formulas and calls.

One of my more successful mods was linking programmes to the Matrix info sheet (Sheet 3). so that everything is together. Previously, Programmes & Autosofts were not reflected anywhere else except on the Main Sheet

Once I crack how to create/access a new table I should be able to expand the spreadsheet to include Gene Tech and Nanotech as their own matrices. I also have to figure out how to hack some of the formulas to reflect enhancements like the Mystic Armour Adept power adding to armour on the character sheet and the reduction to essence impact for the new nano Treatment/Positive Quality.

Once I can figure the above out (& I'm pretty well on the way to doing this) I also plan to include vehicles and drones as well which I most likely will append to the Matrix Sheet.

Well, gotta go. I'll PM later on this.

+Quote Post
Thomas
post Sep 7 2007, 08:54 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,070

QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
QUOTE (WearzManySkins)
KK,

WMS

sure.
[...]
Well, gotta go. I'll PM later on this.

Please add me to what I'm sure will be a quickly growing list to PM.

+Quote Post
Irian
post Sep 7 2007, 09:11 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,709

Bingo: Dito. If you need webspace to put it up, just say so.

+Quote Post
Buster
post Sep 7 2007, 09:24 PM
Post #15

Running Target

Maybe we can zerg the boring data entry stuff. If you tell us the format you want the data in, maybe we can each do a section and PM it to you.

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Sep 7 2007, 10:35 PM
Post #16

Bushido Cowgirl

...it would have to be in Excel (.xls) format. This would be a big help for then I could focus more on the mechanics of the workbook.

The simplest way:

Open a new blank worksheet.

Next Block Copy the first several lines of the gear/'ware table you are going to use into the new sheet (be sure to also copy the header line with the column labels). The best way to perform this is to highlight the entire set of lines, (not just the individual cells) and copy/paste to the new worksheet. This way it will preserve the correct table format and any embedded formulas.

Assign a name to the new worksheet and save. Do not save any changes to the Parent worksheet as it may foul up operation of the generator.

I will PM whoever is interested with my Email address tonight.

+Quote Post
Hartbaine
post Sep 8 2007, 03:41 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 13,115

QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
...it would have to be in Excel (.xls) format. This would be a big help for then I could focus more on the mechanics of the workbook.

The simplest way:

Open a new blank worksheet.

Next Block Copy the first several lines of the gear/'ware table you are going to use into the new sheet (be sure to also copy the header line with the column labels). The best way to perform this is to highlight the entire set of lines, (not just the individual cells) and copy/paste to the new worksheet. This way it will preserve the correct table format and any embedded formulas.

Assign a name to the new worksheet and save. Do not save any changes to the Parent worksheet as it may foul up operation of the generator.

I will PM whoever is interested with my Email address tonight.

I would be interested, please add me to the list.

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Sep 8 2007, 04:47 AM
Post #18

Bushido Cowgirl

...well this may all be moot as I just discovered another downloadable Excel generator here:

jamz excel character generator

This will actually initiate the download process. I took a look at it and it is pretty good though it appears he borrowed the Commlink sheet from Autarkis. The character sheet skin is patterned after the actual SR4 sheets & looks pretty nice It also has tables that I guess can be expanded. I will have to play with this for the next day or two to compare.

+Quote Post
WearzManySkins
post Sep 8 2007, 05:00 AM
Post #19

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
...well this may all be moot as I just discovered another downloadable Excel generator here:

jamz excel character generator

This will actually initiate the download process. I took a look at it and it is pretty good though it appears he borrowed the Commlink sheet from Autarkis. The character sheet skin is patterned after the actual SR4 sheets & looks pretty nice It also has tables that I guess can be expanded. I will have to play with this for the next day or two to compare.

It does not incorporate any of the things in Augmentation

WMS

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Sep 8 2007, 05:12 AM
Post #20

Bushido Cowgirl

...not yet, but if it the tables are editable and the formulas not locked, adding new items should be no more difficult. Again, I will need to experiment with it this weekend.

[Edit]

OK, already found something I like. There is an Advancement and Nuyen/Karma sheet. which none of the other Excel generators have.

+Quote Post
WearzManySkins
post Sep 8 2007, 05:25 AM
Post #21

Neophyte Runner

It does not apply things like cerebral booster, or muscle augmentation selected via the cyberware and bioware drop downs, in the attributes.

It does not factor in positive qualities like Exceptional Attribute Logic into the racial maximum.

This spreadsheet is FUBAR,

WMS

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Sep 8 2007, 05:46 AM
Post #22

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

QUOTE (WearzManySkins)
This spreadsheet is FUBAR,

But yet still far better than I could do.

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Sep 8 2007, 05:47 AM
Post #23

Bushido Cowgirl

...it is still very much a work in progress. However, I like the way it is heading and the way things are presented.

Furthermore, the tables and formulas are open for editing.

+Quote Post
WearzManySkins
post Sep 8 2007, 07:56 AM
Post #24

Neophyte Runner

That it maybe KK, but the formula are all screwed up.

Example

Choose race as human
Enter 6's for all stats, it gives you the "!!!" in the row off the the right of it,, and shows that you have 400 bps to use.

That is just the tip of the iceberg.

The appearance may be pleasing but the formula will all have to be checked an rewritten to actually work in the manner needed.

Yes you easily edit the tables, but each and every cell's formula will have to be checked and rewritten to work properly.

Better off wipe all the formula and started brand new.

I will use what I have,,Blakkie's sheet and a scratch sheet to add augmentation gear.

WMS

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Sep 8 2007, 05:14 PM
Post #25

Bushido Cowgirl

...not much of an issue (at least for me). This sheet looks as if it is patterned closely after Wizdoc. So many of the formulas should be transferable with little editing. Once you get a formula within a specific table to work you can just block copy it to the other lines in the table and it will update the cell labels.

I am going to give it a shot.

Granted, I have a fair amount of experience with Excel in my RL job and years ago, automated a majority of our billing processes that were formerly done by hand.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:03 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.