Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character Generators?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Jezerel
Hi

Are there any character generators updated for Augmentation?

Not that I want to make life easier for myself or anything smile.gif

Thanks
Eleazar
Currently there are not, but there are plans to add augmentation material to the the current chargens.
CyberKender
I've been attempting to update Autarkis and blakkie;s Excel sheet generator, but my Excel-fu isn't all that great. If someone else were to beat me to it, that would be awesome.
imperialus
I think Blakkie still plans on getting around to that but he's busy getting his kids settled into school.
Thyme Lost
What about Daegann's Character Generator for SR4?

If I remember correctly, someone other than Daegann updated the program for Street Magic, if I remember correctly.

So is anyone going to update that program for Augmentation?
Buster
QUOTE (Thyme Lost @ Sep 7 2007, 12:05 PM)

If I remember correctly, someone other than Daegann updated the program for Street Magic, if I remember correctly.

So is anyone going to update that program for Augmentation?

You can! Just go to the Data menu and select Cyber/Bioware then Add all the Augmentation items you want. If you've got the time, maybe you can fix the errors like in Skillwires and so on...
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (CyberKender)
I've been attempting to update Autarkis and blakkie;s Excel sheet generator, but my Excel-fu isn't all that great. If someone else were to beat me to it, that would be awesome.

...I have slowly been adding stuff to Autarkis' as I go along. My VizBasic savvy is not that good either, so as a quick fix I have attached all Gentech and Nanotech ware to the Bioware Table on the Tables sheet.

I have also expanded the Cyber/Biotech section on the Main Sheet as well as the corresponding field on the Character Sheet.
Hartbaine

Where could one aquire this little toy?
Irian
http://daegann.free.fr/programmes/programmes.php

The site is french, the tool is english.
Buster
That tool has lots of errors in the prices and essence costs of the gear, so be sure to double check all your equipment (or equipemente as it's called in the tool) with the book values before you play your character.
WearzManySkins
KK,

Can one obtain your spreadsheet that you have modded?

WMS
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (WearzManySkins)
KK,

WMS

sure.

One note: it is still very much a work in progress as I have been adding things by necessity for PCs/NPCs I generate. I haven't actually sat down and gone through the supplement (as I just got the PDF a week ago) and put everything in yet.

Simply adding new gear was the easiest for it just required editing the Tables sheet. Unlike the NSRCG (SRIII) This does take a bit more work as I had to also edit the "Gather" tables. The biggest pain was expanding the Selection matrices on the Main page (I still don't know why character sheets be they paper or electronic never seem to have enough room for gear). Because there is so interlinking between the different sheets it involves modifying several formulas and calls.

One of my more successful mods was linking programmes to the Matrix info sheet (Sheet 3). so that everything is together. Previously, Programmes & Autosofts were not reflected anywhere else except on the Main Sheet

Once I crack how to create/access a new table I should be able to expand the spreadsheet to include Gene Tech and Nanotech as their own matrices. I also have to figure out how to hack some of the formulas to reflect enhancements like the Mystic Armour Adept power adding to armour on the character sheet and the reduction to essence impact for the new nano Treatment/Positive Quality.

Once I can figure the above out (& I'm pretty well on the way to doing this) I also plan to include vehicles and drones as well which I most likely will append to the Matrix Sheet.

Well, gotta go. I'll PM later on this.
Thomas
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
QUOTE (WearzManySkins)
KK,

WMS

sure.
[...]
Well, gotta go. I'll PM later on this.

Please add me to what I'm sure will be a quickly growing list to PM.
Irian
Bingo: Dito. If you need webspace to put it up, just say so.
Buster
Maybe we can zerg the boring data entry stuff. If you tell us the format you want the data in, maybe we can each do a section and PM it to you.
Kyoto Kid
...it would have to be in Excel (.xls) format. This would be a big help for then I could focus more on the mechanics of the workbook.

The simplest way:

Open a new blank worksheet.

Next Block Copy the first several lines of the gear/'ware table you are going to use into the new sheet (be sure to also copy the header line with the column labels). The best way to perform this is to highlight the entire set of lines, (not just the individual cells) and copy/paste to the new worksheet. This way it will preserve the correct table format and any embedded formulas.

Assign a name to the new worksheet and save. Do not save any changes to the Parent worksheet as it may foul up operation of the generator.

I will PM whoever is interested with my Email address tonight.
Hartbaine
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
...it would have to be in Excel (.xls) format. This would be a big help for then I could focus more on the mechanics of the workbook.

The simplest way:

Open a new blank worksheet.

Next Block Copy the first several lines of the gear/'ware table you are going to use into the new sheet (be sure to also copy the header line with the column labels). The best way to perform this is to highlight the entire set of lines, (not just the individual cells) and copy/paste to the new worksheet. This way it will preserve the correct table format and any embedded formulas.

Assign a name to the new worksheet and save. Do not save any changes to the Parent worksheet as it may foul up operation of the generator.

I will PM whoever is interested with my Email address tonight.

I would be interested, please add me to the list.
Kyoto Kid
...well this may all be moot as I just discovered another downloadable Excel generator here:

jamz excel character generator

This will actually initiate the download process. I took a look at it and it is pretty good though it appears he borrowed the Commlink sheet from Autarkis. The character sheet skin is patterned after the actual SR4 sheets & looks pretty nice It also has tables that I guess can be expanded. I will have to play with this for the next day or two to compare.
WearzManySkins
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
...well this may all be moot as I just discovered another downloadable Excel generator here:

jamz excel character generator

This will actually initiate the download process. I took a look at it and it is pretty good though it appears he borrowed the Commlink sheet from Autarkis. The character sheet skin is patterned after the actual SR4 sheets & looks pretty nice It also has tables that I guess can be expanded. I will have to play with this for the next day or two to compare.

It does not incorporate any of the things in Augmentation

WMS
Kyoto Kid
...not yet, but if it the tables are editable and the formulas not locked, adding new items should be no more difficult. Again, I will need to experiment with it this weekend.

[Edit]

OK, already found something I like. There is an Advancement and Nuyen/Karma sheet. which none of the other Excel generators have.
WearzManySkins
It does not apply things like cerebral booster, or muscle augmentation selected via the cyberware and bioware drop downs, in the attributes.

It does not factor in positive qualities like Exceptional Attribute Logic into the racial maximum.

This spreadsheet is FUBAR,

WMS
Fortune
QUOTE (WearzManySkins)
This spreadsheet is FUBAR,

But yet still far better than I could do.
Kyoto Kid
...it is still very much a work in progress. However, I like the way it is heading and the way things are presented.

Furthermore, the tables and formulas are open for editing.
WearzManySkins
That it maybe KK, but the formula are all screwed up.

Example

Choose race as human
Enter 6's for all stats, it gives you the "!!!" in the row off the the right of it,, and shows that you have 400 bps to use.

That is just the tip of the iceberg.

The appearance may be pleasing but the formula will all have to be checked an rewritten to actually work in the manner needed.

Yes you easily edit the tables, but each and every cell's formula will have to be checked and rewritten to work properly.

Better off wipe all the formula and started brand new.

I will use what I have,,Blakkie's sheet and a scratch sheet to add augmentation gear.

WMS
Kyoto Kid
...not much of an issue (at least for me). This sheet looks as if it is patterned closely after Wizdoc. So many of the formulas should be transferable with little editing. Once you get a formula within a specific table to work you can just block copy it to the other lines in the table and it will update the cell labels.

I am going to give it a shot.

Granted, I have a fair amount of experience with Excel in my RL job and years ago, automated a majority of our billing processes that were formerly done by hand.
MaxHunter
Wow! I am too busy right now to help you, but at least feel cheered guys.

Cheers!!!

Max
Donk
All,

Has the NSRCG ever been updated to SR4?

-Donk
Fortune
QUOTE (Donk)
Has the NSRCG ever been updated to SR4?

Nope. frown.gif
Jezerel
I used that a lot

frown.gif
Kyoto Kid
...there is a similar one in the works. It can be found here:

DnCRG SR4 Character Generator Main Page

Note: It is still in Beta Test mode.
Matsu Kurisu
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)

Hi Kyoto Kid

I tried downloanding and installing on Windows XP.
I just get a general windows bug when I try running DnCrg.exe

Any installation instructions e.g. must be this directory structure, need XXXX installed?

Many thanks
Eleazar
Do you have a different version of the .NET Framework other than English? If you do, you will get localization errors. Also, a general windows bug is not descriptive enough. That is almost as bad as saying, "It doesn't work." Could you provide some more info? Also, if you could post this in the DnCRG thread in the community forums that would be great.

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=14845

You need .NET Framework 2.0, preferably English.
Kyoto Kid
...Eleazar, Thank you for the assistance. I (unfortunately) use Windows but am not up on all the particulars of install protocols. It installed for me just fine.
Matsu Kurisu
Thanks for that

Do you have a different version of the .NET Framework other than English?

Nope, I am in New zealand and using english. I have .Net 3.0 installed.

If you do, you will get localization errors. Also, a general windows bug is not descriptive enough. That is almost as bad as saying, "It doesn't work." Could you provide some more info?

I know, however that is what I got. Exact error is

DnCrg has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Looking closer, there is a link to more data, which gives

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : dncrg.exe P2 : 1.0.0.0 P3 : 4692c8ac
P4 : mscorlib P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 461eee3d P7 : 331e P8 : 119
P9 : system.io.directorynotfound

Also, if you could post this in the DnCRG thread in the community forums that would be great.

Will cross post. Many thanks again for the assist.
blakkie
QUOTE (imperialus @ Sep 7 2007, 12:08 AM)
I think Blakkie still plans on getting around to that but he's busy getting his kids settled into school.

Imperialus lies!

Or is just wrong as usual. One of those two. wink.gif I have been busy with work and getting the kids into the new school year. Got a third one starting pre-school this year and both the others are in new schools. But the real reason I hadn't planned on updating the CharGen XLS is I had hoped that the other SR4 generators, particularly DnCRG, had solidified and were picking up the slack. Doesn't look to be the case yet?

Anyway it should be really easy to add most of the Augmentation stuff to the existing tables. You just have to unlock the XLS file (no password) and then unhide the hidden sheets to see the tables. So if anyone wants to jump on that go ahead! Make sure to credit yourself in the main page.

I'm not sure yet how Augmentation affects the error checks and options on the Cyberlimbs sheet. I've only got a 3rd hand overview of the changes in cyberlimbs* and it has been a long time since I worked on the XLS file. At least a year I think? Maybe after I get Augmentation read I'll look at it and make sure it can all be done with the data tables. The PDF has been sitting in my to-do box for a bit and I'm starting up as a player in a new campaign today. So I really need to get to that soon. That is why I came here today, to try find a character generator with the Augmentation data already in there.

*apparently just additions, no rule changes? Big thanks to the writers for that! rollin.gif

P.S. Are there any chargen rules in Emergence? I haven't even got that in my to-do box yet. I have no idea of what is in it (it's out, right?)
eidolon
There are no rules of any kind in Emergence. It's strictly a plot book.
blakkie
QUOTE (eidolon)
There are no rules of any kind in Emergence. It's strictly a plot book.

So they stuck with The Plan then, excellent! Thanks for the info eidolon.
CyberKender
QUOTE (blakkie)
Anyway it should be really easy to add most of the Augmentation stuff to the existing tables. You just have to unlock the XLS file (no password) and then unhide the hidden sheets to see the tables. So if anyone wants to jump on that go ahead! Make sure to credit yourself in the main page.

I'm not sure yet how Augmentation affects the error checks and options on the Cyberlimbs sheet. I've only got a 3rd hand overview of the changes in cyberlimbs* and it has been a long time since I worked on the XLS file. At least a year I think? Maybe after I get Augmentation read I'll look at it and make sure it can all be done with the data tables. The PDF has been sitting in my to-do box for a bit and I'm starting up as a player in a new campaign today. So I really need to get to that soon. That is why I came here today, to try find a character generator with the Augmentation data already in there.

Just adding the stuff to the tables isn't so hard, but adjusting the format is a bit slow. The parts that worry me are adding the new cyber parts that will need their own section on the limb page, and coming up with a new page for the nanoware and symbiotes. I have all of the raw data dumped into an Excel sheet of its own. If you'd like a copy, I'd be happy to email it to you.
cryptoknight
QUOTE (WearzManySkins)
That it maybe KK, but the formula are all screwed up.

Example

Choose race as human
Enter 6's for all stats, it gives you the "!!!" in the row off the the right of it,, and shows that you have 400 bps to use.

Actually that one is easily fixed... don't touch the stat column... put the amount you want to increase it by in the mod column and it subtracts BPs... I think the actual stat column is for racial minimums...

There may be some other problems, but the calculations for stats work once you get how he/she did them.
blakkie
QUOTE (CyberKender @ Sep 18 2007, 05:44 PM)
The parts that worry me are adding the new cyber parts that will need their own section on the limb page, and coming up with a new page for the nanoware and symbiotes.

Yeah, I've been reading Augmentation and it isn't looking quite as straightforward as I'd hoped. However I believe that nanoware (as opposed to just nanite based stuff) will just be a separate section on the cyberware pulldown list. Probably should change the name though. Maybe I'll split up the list somehow too. That dropdown list is getting really, really long.

I have all of the raw data dumped into an Excel sheet of its own. If you'd like a copy, I'd be happy to email it to you.

That would be great! Address is send_junk_to_me_now (a) hotmail (dot) com

Do you have the Qualities too? If not that shouldn't be too bad, there aren't piles of those.
Eleazar
QUOTE (CyberKender)
QUOTE (blakkie @ Sep 16 2007, 12:21 PM)

I'm not sure yet how Augmentation affects the error checks and options on the Cyberlimbs sheet. I've only got a 3rd hand overview of the changes in cyberlimbs* and it has been a long time since I worked on the XLS file. At least a year I think? Maybe after I get Augmentation read I'll look at it and make sure it can all be done with the data tables. The PDF has been sitting in my to-do box for a bit and I'm starting up as a player in a new campaign today. So I really need to get to that soon.  That is why I came here today, to try find a character generator with the Augmentation data already in there.

Just adding the stuff to the tables isn't so hard, but adjusting the format is a bit slow. The parts that worry me are adding the new cyber parts that will need their own section on the limb page, and coming up with a new page for the nanoware and symbiotes. I have all of the raw data dumped into an Excel sheet of its own. If you'd like a copy, I'd be happy to email it to you.

I would very much appreciate if you could provide this to me as well for inclusion into the DnCRG datasets. Having all this information in one place will be very helpful. I will send you a PM with my email address.
SonofaSailor
There is yet another excel based sheet here in this thread:

http://training.kpaonline.com

INMHO this seems like the best of the excel breed.

here is the download:

http://download.yousendit.com/B4D32AC656060D71
WearzManySkins
@Blakkie

Yes the drop down gets very long. smile.gif The genetech and nanoware, work for me as a separate section of the drop down.

Just now trying to figure out how to the the advantages of genetic heritage and genecrafted to implement the cost reductions.

The genetic optimization, I modified the current formula to take into account those genetic wares.

FYI you can use genetic optimization and exceptional attribute on the same stat, makes for some interesting possibilities.

I have not yet begun to enter in all the cyber limb stuff yet, but it will be more than likely easy. smile.gif

WMS
CyberKender
QUOTE (blakkie)
Yeah, I've been reading Augmentation and it isn't looking quite as straightforward as I'd hoped. However I believe that nanoware (as opposed to just nanite based stuff) will just be a separate section on the cyberware pulldown list. Probably should change the name though. Maybe I'll split up the list somehow too. That dropdown list is getting really, really long.

Do you have the Qualities too? If not that shouldn't be too bad, there aren't piles of those.

SonofaSailor: That's a really complete sort of sheet. They included a heck of a lot of detail. It does make for a rather cumbersome sheet, and not one that you could print out nicely.

The dropdown list is long, but I'm not complaining. It might be worth giving nanoware/nanite stuff it's own section, just to shorten the list a little, tho.

Sorry, no. Didn't include the qualities in it. You've got mail, tho. :>

Dayhawk
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
...there is a similar one in the works. It can be found here:

Excellent GUI!

I have been working on a campaign manager for SR4 (also c#). I had to make a quick and dirty character editor (with the goal to someday make a generator).

Being that I am working alone the odds of actually getting this thing done is null.

Still, would you have any issues if I worked on an import function using your exported xml?

If not I understand and won't do it.

Eleazar
QUOTE (Dayhawk)
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Sep 9 2007, 06:13 PM)
...there is a similar one in the works.  It can be found here:

Excellent GUI!

I have been working on a campaign manager for SR4 (also c#). I had to make a quick and dirty character editor (with the goal to someday make a generator).

Being that I am working alone the odds of actually getting this thing done is null.

Still, would you have any issues if I worked on an import function using your exported xml?

If not I understand and won't do it.

You would have to ask thewolf about this. Kyoto Kid is not the developer of this program. I doubt thewolf would mind.
Dayhawk
Thanks, good to know.
cndblank
Couple of Questions:

For the SR4 Character Builder Excel Spread sheet, jamzcharbuilder, (and thanks to all involved in creating it!).

One is there a database of characters that could be used as a template? For example being able to pull up a hacker build or Shaman Build to work from for a new character? I'm the GM and most of my players have never played.

Two in the the Advancement worksheet, how do you convert from a skill group to the separate skills (say when only one skill is being increased?) I guess I can just add the new higher skill and leave the other skills as part of the skill group.

Three what is the latest version of it and where can it be found? I have version 1.41.

Finally how are things going on the Augmentation update?

Thanks. cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012