IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Barrier Rating (Materials), Uhm.. help please? What is this?
Sphynx
post Nov 20 2003, 06:42 PM
Post #1

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,437

Can someone give me an idea (using actual material/depth/etc) as to what the different barrier ratings do? I quic construction work back when I became a programmer, and even then I couldn't have answered this question... Structural? Heavy? Reinforced? Heavy Structural? Hardened?

Thinking of making my own version of UrbanRenewel meets HellBlast (Extended Area, Blast+Fire Elemental Manipulation Area spell) which can only be cast at Deadly Damage causing a drain of: +9(D) for 12D stun to cast it at Force 6. The problem is that it appears I'll only be able to effect objects with a barrier rating =< 12 (Structural), and am wondering what parts of a building will be left over after the blast....

So... anyone ever seen a bit more useful a listing anywhere?

Sphynx
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Game2BHappy
post Nov 20 2003, 06:59 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,355

In one of the books they give a bit more specific examples of materials/barrier ratings. I think it might be SSG. Anyone remember seeing it?

+Quote Post
Dogsoup
post Nov 20 2003, 07:18 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 806

I know SOTA have additional examples of materials and their BR, in the security section.

+Quote Post
Sphynx
post Nov 20 2003, 07:56 PM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 3,437

Excellent, so Plastisteel is a gonner under Force 6, but Steel Reinforced (or any blast-plated style wall) is gonna remain standing. Thanks. Well, let's hope these Aztech buildings don't have blast-plated walls. :P

Sphynx

+Quote Post
BitBasher
post Nov 20 2003, 09:15 PM
Post #5

Traumatizing players since 1992

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 220

Actually blast against barriest from spells is double barrier rating IIRC, so this spell will only affect barriers rating 6 or lower. I need to verify that tho.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:01 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.