Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Question About Spirits, Eleazar, please ignore this
streetangelj
post Oct 1 2007, 04:48 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,993

I'm looking into using Insect Spirits but I'm a little confused as to what happens when the spirit is inhabiting a host. What powers does it retain? Street Magic is fairly clear on what happens to the host, but not the Spirit. Allhelp would be appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FriendoftheDork
post Oct 1 2007, 05:28 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 9,300

Well it depends on wether the merge is "good" or not.

Check out the sidebar in SM pg 100.

If the merge is good (i.e. the host body looks the same as before), the spirit gets immunity to normal weapons, dual natured, and gains Realistic Form and Aura masking.

It dosen't really say what other powers it may keep, but it certainly loses Evanescence, Astral Form and Inhabitation (until disrupted), and natural weapon (only true form and hybrid form). It retains Sapience (duh), and probably Hive Mind also if it has it.

As for the more normal powers I'm not sure, such as Search, Concealment, Movement.... But I'm guessing it keeps all the non-physical powers.

+Quote Post
Big D
post Oct 1 2007, 08:44 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,455

Spirit always retains all of its powers (ignoring the whole Inhabitation/Possession/Materialization thing for a second).

Spirit always retains all of its mental stats and magic, as well as INW.

Physical stats are either Force (True Form, which is essentially a normal spirit), or Force+meatbody stat.

Anything other than True Form also gets access to things like DNI. Only a good merge, however, keeps the victim's skills and full memories.

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Oct 2 2007, 02:45 AM
Post #4

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

Actually, True Form stats Force+modifiers, just like other spirits.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:45 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.