Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hoodoo II
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 8 2007, 11:08 PM
Post #1

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

Seattle's streets only seem to get more dangerous. The death of the moment these days is the new mob war between the Vory and the Mafia. Competing for similar business entersprises, primarily extortion and smuggling, the two syndicates have been going at it for the last year. After things got kicked into high gear with the death of a promient Vor enforcer, the sydicate battle began spreading through out the Seattle Families and the Vory Societies.

The Yakuza, already weakend by infighting between clans kickedo ff by the recent death of the oyaban Hanzo Shotozumi, became a prime target for Rowena O'malley, Dona of the Finnigan Family, to replace her losses in the war. The Dona made an alliance with one of the Seoupla Rings, long time enemies of the Yakuza, , and have been making heavy gains. However, the Shotozumi-Rengo has long been the dominant power in the streets of Seattle, and will not go down without a bloody, bloody war.

Now rumors of the Vory beginning to pick at the disorganized clans are beginning to spread through the street. Word is that the yakuza are intending several bloody reprisals against the new comers, to keep others from the idea that the Clans are in any way weakened. It seems a three way mob war on the streets of Seattle in inevitable. All in all, it looks to potentially be worst than the wars of the late '50's. Especially to those few that know that the Vory has a secret weapon: an albino dragon operating behind the scenes, working with the Vory societies to enhance his own standing, and expand his influence in the Emerald City.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The insistant tugging came into the back of Kadaj's mind again. The strange sensation of somone pulling a string connected to his brain had never gotten any less unpleasant over his last year in his unwilling service to the dragon Albinion. Wether he wanted to or not, his new "Master" compelled his service, requiring an answer to his summons.

Kadaj, I summon you. I have a task for you to accomplish. Come immediately. No excuses this time, I grow weary of you dragging your tail when you should be flying to me.
Irritation with a dangerous edge of anger flowed through the link. Despite informing the dragon many times that he had no wings and could not, in fact, fly, Albinion continued to insist on Kadaj "flying" to him on a moments notice, regardless of what else he might be doing. The tight leesh had grown unbearable nearly moments after the dragon "put it on". But It was quite clear only Kadaj's death would remove it.

'Or It's own', Kadaj thought, almost happily
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SinN
post Oct 9 2007, 04:15 AM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,237

"Fly to your demise, little man, fly away to guinni..."

Kadaj hums a tune of a song in his head as he enters Albinions qourters.

You called for me? Kadaj says in a tired tone.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 9 2007, 04:37 AM
Post #3

Uncle Fisty

Sit Memory Keeper.

The thought has the strength of a command, and Kadaj finds him self on his haunches befores he can even think of a scathing reply. The dragon bears it's teeth in what Kadaj now recognizes as a smile. It's taunting him again, and enjoying his frustrations.

The yakuza of the Twilight Lotus Clan have crossed me again. You will deal with them directly. Find their oyabun and kill him. Kill any that oppose you, and be sure that the survivors know from where this displeasure comes. I will tolerate no interference in my designs. They have dug their own graves.

+Quote Post
SinN
post Oct 9 2007, 04:48 AM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Do you have any idea how this compromises...oh...I dont know...my life? How do you suppose I do this, just walk in and start killing people? Im not some psycopath, wyzworm!

Leave it to a worm to make a dark man turn red...!

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 9 2007, 04:52 AM
Post #5

Uncle Fisty

For an ape, you have an appaling bad understanding of the food chain.

I certainly do not expect you to simply "walk in". Your species was given intelligence, I suggest that you use it. This oyabun is not Shotozumi. He is a man of wealth, influence , and power, certainly. That is why he must be brought down. I do not think I have to tell you an intelligent way to kill someone. I would not have chosen you as my Memory Keeper had I beleived you incapable of certain tasks.

Cease playing at being intentionally obtuse. Whining does not become one of my personal servants.

+Quote Post
SinN
post Oct 9 2007, 04:56 AM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Kadaj smiles for a moment

Right, because the mexican gang banger and the ninja wanna be are better alternitives...enjoy them.

Kadaj makes an attempt to stand.

Smile while you can..

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 9 2007, 02:42 PM
Post #7

Uncle Fisty

You have your task. See that it is done. You are dismissed.

+Quote Post
SinN
post Oct 10 2007, 12:45 AM
Post #8

Shooting Target

Well, aren't we in a hurry.. Kadaj stands and smiles, and calmly walks out of the room.

Ill need to get Bogart on the phone as soon as possible. See what he can tell me about this guy.

Kadaj heads for the exit and calls Bogart.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 10 2007, 03:06 AM
Post #9

Uncle Fisty

The dwarf answers, his typical corkney accent singing through the line .Hallo me old son, what's the lay?
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
SinN
post Oct 10 2007, 07:15 PM
Post #10

Shooting Target

Bogart, I need some information on a certain oyabun in the Twilight lotus clan, Think you can muster this up for me?

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 10 2007, 09:39 PM
Post #11

Uncle Fisty

Sho thing my son. Wacha want, how much ya' wannit, and how soon?

+Quote Post
SinN
post Oct 10 2007, 09:57 PM
Post #12

Shooting Target

All that you can get, for a fair price, as soon as possible. Contact me when you get it.

Kadaj says goodbye and hangs up. After which he heads to his home to gather some things before Bogart calls him back with the information he needs in order to continue.

Ill bet Kitai doesnt have to deal with this shit.

He walks into his bedroom and gets an Ares Predator. Puts it one holster. Goes into his bathroom, gets the other Ares Predator, puts it in the other holster under his coat.

Kadaj takes a long look at himself in the mirror. He often wonders whats going through his mind on the other side of the mirror. What kind of things would his alter being think?

He leaves his apartment and heads down to his car.

Kitia has some pretty high up contacts. Ill have to go see her. But first I need to go see Mystic.

Kadaj Starts up his car and heads towards Mystics shop, It only takes about twenty minutes to get there from his home.

Kadaj calmly walks into the shop.

Hope you're watching Albinion....

Mystic, you here?

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 10 2007, 11:28 PM
Post #13

Uncle Fisty

Mystic's shop is done out heavily with beads and incense, a stronger eastern/Indian feel to the place. She emerges from the back, parting a beaded curtain with her hands, and smiling from behind her veil.

Good afternoon Kadaj. To what do we owe the pleasure of your company?

+Quote Post
SinN
post Oct 10 2007, 11:38 PM
Post #14

Shooting Target

Why did you do it?

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 10 2007, 11:54 PM
Post #15

Uncle Fisty

Normally I would say 'Because it was fun'. But I think 'Do what?' might be more appropriate.

Her stance is a bit more reserved now, on gaurd.

+Quote Post
SinN
post Oct 11 2007, 12:07 AM
Post #16

Shooting Target

You know what. I am not here to cause any harm to you or your shop. I am aware that before me, you were Albinions memory keeper. You had to play some part in his plot to enslave me. All I want is to know why Mystic. I thought I had been good to you.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 11 2007, 12:22 AM
Post #17

Uncle Fisty

I'll tell you what. You try keeping secrets when a dragon is in your head and wants something, then come back and ask me that same quesion. The dragon wants something, the dragon gets it. No questions, and no point in fighting back. I'm relieved to be done with it, and you have my pity. But come to me expecting remorse, or some foolish pledge to help you. I did my time.

her eyes are almost ignited now, standing with her hands on her hips, glaring at kadaj over the veil.

+Quote Post
SinN
post Oct 11 2007, 01:18 AM
Post #18

Shooting Target

Kadaj looks to the ground nodding his head.

Be calm Mystic.. I am not here to pick a fight. Know your power all to well. It was foolish of me to ask. I would ask though, that you read my cards. I would like to have an idea as to what expect in the next short while. Would you do this?

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 11 2007, 01:48 AM
Post #19

Uncle Fisty

Ha! you come in here with accusations, and then say you're not looking for a fight!? Apparently you don't spend enough time with woman kadaj. You can't soothe over a burn that easily. You should learn to make your motuh keep pace with your mind.

I will, however, perform a reading for you. Perhaps I can give you some bad news to make us even.

She walks over to one of her desks, still watching the dark elf in her perephial vision, and scoops out a set of tarot cards in a black silk bag. She opens it and shuffles them, as she stands across a table from Kadaj, laying them out in a celtic cross pattern.

Interesting... starting with the High Arcana. Death. That can represent change or force sworking on you. Or simply that people will die. It is inverted, meaning that these forces are working against you. Next is the .. The Fool. You are meant to play a part, and may rush into it. There are things happening that you may not be aware of, or you are not considering the consequences of your actions. Perhaps you are being mouthy with your Master again?

Knight of Swords. Ruled by intellect, overseen by Wisdom. Turned your back on everything but your quarry. Focused. Inverted, it means that there may be something that you are missing. Pay attention to your surroundings and developments around you.

Crossed by ... The Devil. Marked as masked to hide his identity, the embodiment of obsession, manipulation , lust and desire. Life out of balance, in the extremes. This could be a warning of your self, suggesting that you not let any one thing rule your life.

Finally, the Magician. Like the Fool , except that you are aware of what you are set to, and aware of consequences. You can make things happen with the force of your will. Inverted, as this one is, it means that you must be aware of manipulation and control.

It seems you have a difficult path ahead of you. You will tackle up a task , likely set to you by your Master. If you are not paying attention to what is happening around you, and focus only on your quest, you will be used, and used badly. If you are aware, you will be confronted, perhaps with your self, or with another seeking to tempt or lead you to something. be aware of what is happening as these events take place, or you may be consumed by them. Succeed however, and you may be The Magician, full of power and purpose an da will to make your own way.

These is a difficult reading for you. I am glad. this should be interesting to watch.

+Quote Post
SinN
post Oct 11 2007, 06:31 AM
Post #20

Shooting Target

Kadaj watches the cards for a few moments after Mystic stops speaking.
Interesting, Indeed.
Finnally he looks up and smiles.

Thank you Mystic. Your effort is apreciated, greatly. And once again, I apologise for my outburst. I am embarrassed. You understand, you were his slave once? He shows a look of sympothy and remorse.

Please allow me to make it up to you soon. For now, I must be off. Ive got more work to do. Slavery is a harsh bussiness now-a-days. I bid you a fond farewell.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 11 2007, 03:33 PM
Post #21

Uncle Fisty

It's not the usual send off, but she does make an attempt at a smile. Or is it a smirk? Who knows with women anyway.
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
SinN
post Oct 24 2007, 10:53 PM
Post #22

Shooting Target

Ettiquete-5
Charisma-8
Total-13 dice
Roll=4,3,5,5,2,6,6,4,5,2,5,5,6= 8 net success's(not bad for my first roll eh?

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 25 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #23

Uncle Fisty

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
SinN
post Oct 26 2007, 02:55 AM
Post #24

Shooting Target

Kadaj gives a warm half smile and walks out of the shop.

Woo....almost lost my cool there. The lizard really is getting to me. Ive got to watch out for these things.

Kadaj strolls down the street for some time wating for Bogarts call.

Where the hell is that half-twit? Well, I suppose it cant hurt to stop by to see Lust for some items of interest. And some shopping too.

Kadaj heads in the direction of Lusts Talismongering shop.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 26 2007, 03:09 AM
Post #25

Uncle Fisty

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:39 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.