Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hoodoo II
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
fistandantilus4.0
Seattle's streets only seem to get more dangerous. The death of the moment these days is the new mob war between the Vory and the Mafia. Competing for similar business entersprises, primarily extortion and smuggling, the two syndicates have been going at it for the last year. After things got kicked into high gear with the death of a promient Vor enforcer, the sydicate battle began spreading through out the Seattle Families and the Vory Societies.

The Yakuza, already weakend by infighting between clans kickedo ff by the recent death of the oyaban Hanzo Shotozumi, became a prime target for Rowena O'malley, Dona of the Finnigan Family, to replace her losses in the war. The Dona made an alliance with one of the Seoupla Rings, long time enemies of the Yakuza, , and have been making heavy gains. However, the Shotozumi-Rengo has long been the dominant power in the streets of Seattle, and will not go down without a bloody, bloody war.

Now rumors of the Vory beginning to pick at the disorganized clans are beginning to spread through the street. Word is that the yakuza are intending several bloody reprisals against the new comers, to keep others from the idea that the Clans are in any way weakened. It seems a three way mob war on the streets of Seattle in inevitable. All in all, it looks to potentially be worst than the wars of the late '50's. Especially to those few that know that the Vory has a secret weapon: an albino dragon operating behind the scenes, working with the Vory societies to enhance his own standing, and expand his influence in the Emerald City.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The insistant tugging came into the back of Kadaj's mind again. The strange sensation of somone pulling a string connected to his brain had never gotten any less unpleasant over his last year in his unwilling service to the dragon Albinion. Wether he wanted to or not, his new "Master" compelled his service, requiring an answer to his summons.

Kadaj, I summon you. I have a task for you to accomplish. Come immediately. No excuses this time, I grow weary of you dragging your tail when you should be flying to me.
Irritation with a dangerous edge of anger flowed through the link. Despite informing the dragon many times that he had no wings and could not, in fact, fly, Albinion continued to insist on Kadaj "flying" to him on a moments notice, regardless of what else he might be doing. The tight leesh had grown unbearable nearly moments after the dragon "put it on". But It was quite clear only Kadaj's death would remove it.

'Or It's own', Kadaj thought, almost happily
SinN
"Fly to your demise, little man, fly away to guinni..."

Kadaj hums a tune of a song in his head as he enters Albinions qourters.

You called for me? Kadaj says in a tired tone.
fistandantilus4.0
Sit Memory Keeper.

The thought has the strength of a command, and Kadaj finds him self on his haunches befores he can even think of a scathing reply. The dragon bears it's teeth in what Kadaj now recognizes as a smile. It's taunting him again, and enjoying his frustrations.

The yakuza of the Twilight Lotus Clan have crossed me again. You will deal with them directly. Find their oyabun and kill him. Kill any that oppose you, and be sure that the survivors know from where this displeasure comes. I will tolerate no interference in my designs. They have dug their own graves.
SinN
Do you have any idea how this compromises...oh...I dont know...my life? How do you suppose I do this, just walk in and start killing people? Im not some psycopath, wyzworm!

Leave it to a worm to make a dark man turn red...!
fistandantilus4.0
For an ape, you have an appaling bad understanding of the food chain.

I certainly do not expect you to simply "walk in". Your species was given intelligence, I suggest that you use it. This oyabun is not Shotozumi. He is a man of wealth, influence , and power, certainly. That is why he must be brought down. I do not think I have to tell you an intelligent way to kill someone. I would not have chosen you as my Memory Keeper had I beleived you incapable of certain tasks.

Cease playing at being intentionally obtuse. Whining does not become one of my personal servants.
SinN
Kadaj smiles for a moment

Right, because the mexican gang banger and the ninja wanna be are better alternitives...enjoy them.

Kadaj makes an attempt to stand.

Smile while you can..
fistandantilus4.0
You have your task. See that it is done. You are dismissed.
SinN
Well, aren't we in a hurry.. Kadaj stands and smiles, and calmly walks out of the room.

Ill need to get Bogart on the phone as soon as possible. See what he can tell me about this guy.

Kadaj heads for the exit and calls Bogart.

fistandantilus4.0
The dwarf answers, his typical corkney accent singing through the line .Hallo me old son, what's the lay?
[ Spoiler ]
SinN
Bogart, I need some information on a certain oyabun in the Twilight lotus clan, Think you can muster this up for me?
fistandantilus4.0
Sho thing my son. Wacha want, how much ya' wannit, and how soon?
SinN
All that you can get, for a fair price, as soon as possible. Contact me when you get it.

Kadaj says goodbye and hangs up. After which he heads to his home to gather some things before Bogart calls him back with the information he needs in order to continue.

Ill bet Kitai doesnt have to deal with this shit.

He walks into his bedroom and gets an Ares Predator. Puts it one holster. Goes into his bathroom, gets the other Ares Predator, puts it in the other holster under his coat.

Kadaj takes a long look at himself in the mirror. He often wonders whats going through his mind on the other side of the mirror. What kind of things would his alter being think?

He leaves his apartment and heads down to his car.

Kitia has some pretty high up contacts. Ill have to go see her. But first I need to go see Mystic.

Kadaj Starts up his car and heads towards Mystics shop, It only takes about twenty minutes to get there from his home.

Kadaj calmly walks into the shop.

Hope you're watching Albinion....

Mystic, you here?
fistandantilus4.0
Mystic's shop is done out heavily with beads and incense, a stronger eastern/Indian feel to the place. She emerges from the back, parting a beaded curtain with her hands, and smiling from behind her veil.

Good afternoon Kadaj. To what do we owe the pleasure of your company?
SinN
Why did you do it?
fistandantilus4.0
Normally I would say 'Because it was fun'. But I think 'Do what?' might be more appropriate.

Her stance is a bit more reserved now, on gaurd.
SinN
You know what. I am not here to cause any harm to you or your shop. I am aware that before me, you were Albinions memory keeper. You had to play some part in his plot to enslave me. All I want is to know why Mystic. I thought I had been good to you.
fistandantilus4.0
I'll tell you what. You try keeping secrets when a dragon is in your head and wants something, then come back and ask me that same quesion. The dragon wants something, the dragon gets it. No questions, and no point in fighting back. I'm relieved to be done with it, and you have my pity. But come to me expecting remorse, or some foolish pledge to help you. I did my time.

her eyes are almost ignited now, standing with her hands on her hips, glaring at kadaj over the veil.
SinN
Kadaj looks to the ground nodding his head.

Be calm Mystic.. I am not here to pick a fight. Know your power all to well. It was foolish of me to ask. I would ask though, that you read my cards. I would like to have an idea as to what expect in the next short while. Would you do this?
fistandantilus4.0
Ha! you come in here with accusations, and then say you're not looking for a fight!? Apparently you don't spend enough time with woman kadaj. You can't soothe over a burn that easily. You should learn to make your motuh keep pace with your mind.

I will, however, perform a reading for you. Perhaps I can give you some bad news to make us even.

She walks over to one of her desks, still watching the dark elf in her perephial vision, and scoops out a set of tarot cards in a black silk bag. She opens it and shuffles them, as she stands across a table from Kadaj, laying them out in a celtic cross pattern.

Interesting... starting with the High Arcana. Death. That can represent change or force sworking on you. Or simply that people will die. It is inverted, meaning that these forces are working against you. Next is the .. The Fool. You are meant to play a part, and may rush into it. There are things happening that you may not be aware of, or you are not considering the consequences of your actions. Perhaps you are being mouthy with your Master again?

Knight of Swords. Ruled by intellect, overseen by Wisdom. Turned your back on everything but your quarry. Focused. Inverted, it means that there may be something that you are missing. Pay attention to your surroundings and developments around you.

Crossed by ... The Devil. Marked as masked to hide his identity, the embodiment of obsession, manipulation , lust and desire. Life out of balance, in the extremes. This could be a warning of your self, suggesting that you not let any one thing rule your life.

Finally, the Magician. Like the Fool , except that you are aware of what you are set to, and aware of consequences. You can make things happen with the force of your will. Inverted, as this one is, it means that you must be aware of manipulation and control.

It seems you have a difficult path ahead of you. You will tackle up a task , likely set to you by your Master. If you are not paying attention to what is happening around you, and focus only on your quest, you will be used, and used badly. If you are aware, you will be confronted, perhaps with your self, or with another seeking to tempt or lead you to something. be aware of what is happening as these events take place, or you may be consumed by them. Succeed however, and you may be The Magician, full of power and purpose an da will to make your own way.

These is a difficult reading for you. I am glad. this should be interesting to watch.
SinN
Kadaj watches the cards for a few moments after Mystic stops speaking.
Interesting, Indeed.
Finnally he looks up and smiles.

Thank you Mystic. Your effort is apreciated, greatly. And once again, I apologise for my outburst. I am embarrassed. You understand, you were his slave once? He shows a look of sympothy and remorse.

Please allow me to make it up to you soon. For now, I must be off. Ive got more work to do. Slavery is a harsh bussiness now-a-days. I bid you a fond farewell.
fistandantilus4.0
It's not the usual send off, but she does make an attempt at a smile. Or is it a smirk? Who knows with women anyway.
[ Spoiler ]
SinN
Ettiquete-5
Charisma-8
Total-13 dice
Roll=4,3,5,5,2,6,6,4,5,2,5,5,6= 8 net success's(not bad for my first roll eh?
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]
SinN
Kadaj gives a warm half smile and walks out of the shop.

Woo....almost lost my cool there. The lizard really is getting to me. Ive got to watch out for these things.

Kadaj strolls down the street for some time wating for Bogarts call.

Where the hell is that half-twit? Well, I suppose it cant hurt to stop by to see Lust for some items of interest. And some shopping too.

Kadaj heads in the direction of Lusts Talismongering shop.
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]
SinN
[ Spoiler ]
SinN
Lust's shop wasn't your everyday talismongering shop.
For starters, it smells like a house of Ill-repute. But to Kadaj it was one in the same. The oak floors were sorounded by shelves of magical items and afrodesiacts. Though she has an assortment of things, sexually enhancing magics seems to be her specialty.

Ah, I never get tired of this place.

Lust? You around dear?
fistandantilus4.0
The moans from the back roomstrongly suggest that Lust is "with another customer" at the moment. However, Kadaj's comm does choose that moment to helpfully chime with Bogart's number appearing.

There ya' are m'ybow. Roit than, 'ere we are. 'Keiji Yamura' - Oyabun. Human, no big surprise there eh mate? *wink* In his 60's , right on ruthles old cuss too. 'Parently the jap's got himself an issue with some Vor's that got his knicckers in a knot. Ordered a hit 'couple days back on some rusk', rumors say 'bout some issue what wid his daughter and her new lack o' 'virginal pur'ty'. Rumors say that oy'bun says it weren't willin' like, altough ya' never knwo wit kids dese days. Wacha want more 'specific like?
SinN
Hmm...well thats an interesting peice of information.

A few more details, yes Bogart.

fistandantilus4.0
Be specific boy-o. I ain't a fast-fax ya' ken. 'Lemme know wacha need to know, and iffin I don't got it, I kin 'git it for ya.
SinN
I need to know where his schedule. Where he goes, who he talks too, where he eats, where he sleeps, who hes sleeping with. Those kind of things. Whaddya got?
fistandantilus4.0
Well 'mate, 'few o' those I can give ya' know, few'l take more time. And green backs. Most his 'biz he does outta his doss or his club. All 'dem gangsters got a club now' days, ya' ken? Called the Jade Fire, just a little club on the edge o' downtown. Not much ta' look at really. Most o' his biz is his own guys, lining his pockets back with what he pays them, some dancers, tha sort o' thing. Ain't relaly intended to being in business, more just a front and laundery market, if ya' get ma drift. Don't know who the blokes boinkin', but I'm sure a' kin find out for ya. Drop me 5 large and I'l get ya' the biff's measureents along wid da rest o' it.
SinN
[color=salmon}Ill drop you ten if you can make it your number one priority. Deal?[/color]
fistandantilus4.0
Done boy-o.
Without further ado, the line disconnects, as Bogarts sets his efforts to lining his own pockets. Kadaj is left standing in the street outside the talsimonger's shop, commlink in hand and direction on hold.

The door behind him opens, Kadaj looking over his shoulder to see who is behind him, and does a double take as an elf man steps out of Lust's shop wearing a white suit with a black button up shirt beneath, black dress shoes, and a black cane in hand. The elf is tall and blond, with almsot angelic features, being one of the "prettier than though" variety with the peralescent skin tone unique to the elven species. The elf dons a white fodora with a black band, then tips it to Kadaj.

Good day to you young lord. Quite a spirited woman you've got there he says, glancing back inside Lust's shop. I can see why you frequent the place. He gestures down the street with one hand as if offering Kadaj a dance. You and I have quite a lot to talk about I think. I'll refrain from the usual mystery these sorts of meetings usually shroud them selves in if it's all the same to you. It's so trite and over done.

My name is Nathaniel Majere, Prince and Magus of the Land of Promise. You are 'Kadaj' of no land or affiliation. I'd like to remedy. We have something in common Kadaj. A great many things in fact. The chief of which is an unwilling and unwanted affiliation of the draconic kind. I am un the unenviable positio of being unable to do anything to remedy my situation. You however, we can help.

To provide you with some of my credentials, I offer you this; I too am a memeroy keeper. I too chafe under the yoke of oppresion of the dragons. I am aware of your predicament, and am already taking steps into relieving you of the burden. It was by my orders that Albinion's men were killed. My manipulations have led him to your target, and my people have so kindly provided you with a ritual sample of your target.
He pats his pocket to add emphasis to his statement. Now, I'm sure you have questions. So let us walk, and discuss things.

SinN
This is the most interesting person Ive met today.

Let us walk indeed.

Kadaj watches Nathaniel with courious eyes.

For starters, how did you come across my situation, let alone, my name? Since the wyrm came about forcing his memories in to me, Ive gone to great lengths keeping my name on the discresency.
fistandantilus4.0
I've had an interest in your particular lizard, the the Vory as well. I've been taking some time examining his interests, and those that work for him. You stood out, as you tend to in much of what you do. I like your style.

I'll tell you my proposal. You need to deal with a particular oyabun, of whom I have a useful link. You need to break free of your dragon, and I can help you there. It serves my own interests of course, but who doesn't have an angle these days? In exchange for helping you with your yakuza problem, I have a different target I need taken care of. Somenone who has pestered me for some time, but I personally am unable to deal with.

As I said, I too am tied to a dragon, in the same nature as yourself. This particular dragon has a great interest in the success of the yakuza in Seattle. I'm looking to 'bite the hand that feeds' so to speak. Exact some revenge on one who has wronged me. At the same time, I find myself with an excellent oppurtunity to rid this city of one more lizard, as well as cripple the Vory and the Yakuza. A bit of house cleaning if you will. If you're interested, keep walking.

This 'Nathaniel', claiming to be a Tir Prince, had avery nice smile to him. Kadaj could see the devil smiling in much the same way. It hadn't helped that Lust's shop was at a corner, now placing them squarely at a cross roads as they stepped across the asphalt.
SinN
Kadaj looks back at the path. Smiles for a moment.

This man truly resembles the devil. But, as they say, Im not such a nice guy either. Perhaps this is worth my while.

Kadaj looks back at Nathaniel, still smiling.

Alright Prince Nathaniel, I'm interested. Who's this target you wish for me to handle?

He continues to walk alongside his strange new acomplise.
fistandantilus4.0
He calls himself 'Braska' in these parts, although I seriously doubt that is his real name. He takes the role of a book keeper in a small shop, not even dealing in arcana. In truth however, he is a drake of the dragon Ryumyo, planted osme years ago in Seattle as a loyal and trustworthy spy. He is certainly a magician of some caliber, so it may be best ot not directly engage him. This data disc conatins the basics of the information you will need on him, including the address of his shop in Renton.

Without reaching into a pocket, Nathaniel holds out to Kadaj a small optical chip, placing it in his palm.

The first warning shots have already been fired between the yakuza whom Ryuyo hopes to eventually regain control of, and the Vory, with whom Albinion is spreading his influence. Your attack on the oyabun in counter to the strike against the Vors, along with the direct strike against Ryumyo's drake will be the first salvo. It would be best if you could have another of the white dragon's lackeys assist you, shifting the blame from your self, but placing it squarely in the white worm's lap. But the details I leave to you.

In exchange, I offer you the death of the oyabun who's destruction you have bee ncharged with, loyally carreid out by yourself of course with the material link I can provide, as well as the doorway to your freedom; the death of your Master.

Do we have a deal?

Again he smiles, the perfect, white toothed, serpent's smile.
SinN
Death of my master?!

Though the thought of Albinions death is screaming in Kadaj's mind, he keeps a cool, straight face.

The death of the white wyzworm? How do you offer such things? I dont doubt that you're a man of great power, but even so, that is quite a gesture. Also, I hope this doesnt offend you, but I would greatly apreciate it if you wouldnt refer to him as my master. I do grow tired of the reminder?
fistandantilus4.0
The elf nods acquisingly. Apologies, I very much understand. For now, let us leave the particulars of that undertaking to the future. SUffice it to say that I "Have a plan". The less you know the better. I would suggest as little direct contact as possible with the worm until we are ready to proceed. As I'm certain you know, your mind is an open book to a dragon proficent in their mental abilities. And although I do not know the limits of it's abilities, it would be better not to test them at this juncture.

Deal with the targets set before you. When we have time, I will also tutor you in a skill to help conceal certain thoughts and inclinations in your mind behind subtle barriers.Then we wil be able to move on to the next phase.

So, you have a road laid out before you, and a lantern to guide your way. Most importantly, the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel can be seen. The question is, again, will you walk it? Do we have a deal?
SinN
Kadaj's smile fades. Obviously hard into thought.

This may be my only chance at freedom. I shouldn't waste it. But, this stranger smiles too much. Smiles like theres more to him then I would like to wager. I should be careful, he assumes to much of my trust. A confident man. I can respect that.

Kadaj reaches out and takes the disc.

Consider the wyrm slave, Braska, dead. How do I reach you once Im finished?

fistandantilus4.0
As I said, the less you know at this ppoint, the better. I'll reach you.

IF you should require contact however, I believe we have someone in common. A human, occassionally going by the handle 'Skud'. Call him, he will be able to pass on any message, including a meet if it is required. Fair enough?
SinN
Skud? That twit knows you? You really should see to who he spends his time with. There is a man with the handle Dreg, he seems inseperaple too. Skud has very recently assisted Dreg on making an attempt on my life. Though when it failed, he came begging for his life. I suppose its a good thing I let him live.

This is getting a bit more interesting, this Prince has his hands in everyones cookie jar.
fistandantilus4.0
The elf seems thoughtful for a moment, then looks absolutely amused.

Well it's good to know he has a side hobby. I suppose I should thank you for sparing his life. He's still useful to me in his own way. It suggests that I've chosen well in you as well.

In that case, be certain to contact me through him. A reminder that you never know who someone else's allies are, as well as that there is always a bigger fish, would serve him well I think.
SinN
Right, well forgive and forget, and all that. I suppose I should get to work then, savvy? Be seeing shortly.

Kadaj holds out his hand.
fistandantilus4.0
Cane in one hand, Nathaniel shakes the proferred hand with a lopsided grin that speaks of all manner of wickedness ahead.

Until next time then. Happy hunting. He steps back, sketches a quick but proper bow, then turns on a heel, giving his cane a twirl, and storlls off down the street. His white suit stands out in stark contrast to the grime and city filth around them.
SinN
What is going on...

Call Bogart back.
fistandantilus4.0
Sinn reaches in his pocket for his commlink, pulling out a small baggie of short black hair along with his commling. Included is a nite: Happy Sniping

Bogart picks up after a moment.
Oi'ya mate. Some'tin' else ya' forgot?
SinN
Bogart, change of plans. We have a new target. Same pay, ten large to get me information on a man named Braska. Owns a book store here in seattle. Said to be a drake for the Dragon Ryumyu. Id like to know a little more f you can manage. Waddya say?
fistandantilus4.0
Yeah su... I uh... wai'.. wha'... who's a which? I don' know nothin' 'bout no 'drake' sonny-Jim, but if 'e's what yer sayin', the price just doubled. Bogart's image has a 'I Ain't Budgin'" look on it's face.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012