> Real life proof of physads, video footage
Wounded Ronin
post Oct 27 2007, 06:47 AM
Post #1

Great Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,383

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODdSEEzugM8

This video demonstrates that physads are real. Note how against a real physad a helicopter gunship is pretty much useless. The helicopter must land and deploy its own physads to even have a chance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Oct 27 2007, 07:40 AM
Post #2

Bushido Cowgirl

From: On the Double K Ranch a half day's ride out of Phlogiston Flats
Member No.: 7,490

... :rotfl:

...definitely 2nd/3rd ed because he still had the counterattack option.

...now if his babe friend were a Troll adept with a bow, that chopper wouldn't have stood a chance. :grinbig:

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Oct 27 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #3

Incertum est quo loco te mors expectet;

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,760

Oh hey, I just watched that movie. I thought it was funny that the character is a federal agent, who is also a ninja, and so when tasked with going into a secret Colombian narcotics base guarded with milspec equipment, instead of a gun he chooses to bring a crossbow.

I'm curious, WR, will 80sRun support physical adepts who are immune to helicopter gunships and can only be defeated by other adepts?

+Quote Post
Redjack
post Oct 27 2007, 01:14 PM
Post #4

Man Behind the Curtain

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

AArrrgghhhh..... My eyes burn! They burn! :eek:

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Oct 28 2007, 10:35 PM
Post #5

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,383

QUOTE (nezumi)
Oh hey, I just watched that movie. I thought it was funny that the character is a federal agent, who is also a ninja, and so when tasked with going into a secret Colombian narcotics base guarded with milspec equipment, instead of a gun he chooses to bring a crossbow.

I'm curious, WR, will 80sRun support physical adepts who are immune to helicopter gunships and can only be defeated by other adepts?

I'm glad you asked. I've been thinking about this a lot lately. This is what I'm thinking I will do:

I will have the basic rules, which are pretty realistic, and a heap of Optional Rules that allow you to behave like in the movies. That way people who want to play a "serious" or gritty game can just use the basic rules and have their tough firefights. If you want to play like a movie, the Optional Rules would over-power your character while firearms from normal people would be stuck back down with their 15% accuracy rate.

Here's an example of something I'd been planning. I was planning to, after I've reached a reasonable draft of the firearms rules, to write a pretty realistic set of rules for hand to hand combat, where hand to hand is useful for silent kills or for when you're suddenly sucker punched, but not effective for running up and trying to punch a man with a shotgun. However, alongside that, I'd have an optional ruleset for Mr. Miyagi-fu, where any successful martial arts attacks would automatically defeat anyone whose martial arts skill level is lower than yours by a certain margin, which would take precidence over the realistic ruleset when employed.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:24 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.