Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Real life proof of physads
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Wounded Ronin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODdSEEzugM8

This video demonstrates that physads are real. Note how against a real physad a helicopter gunship is pretty much useless. The helicopter must land and deploy its own physads to even have a chance.
Kyoto Kid
... rotfl.gif

...definitely 2nd/3rd ed because he still had the counterattack option.

...now if his babe friend were a Troll adept with a bow, that chopper wouldn't have stood a chance. grinbig.gif
nezumi
Oh hey, I just watched that movie. I thought it was funny that the character is a federal agent, who is also a ninja, and so when tasked with going into a secret Colombian narcotics base guarded with milspec equipment, instead of a gun he chooses to bring a crossbow.

I'm curious, WR, will 80sRun support physical adepts who are immune to helicopter gunships and can only be defeated by other adepts?
Redjack
AArrrgghhhh..... My eyes burn! They burn! eek.gif
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (nezumi)
Oh hey, I just watched that movie. I thought it was funny that the character is a federal agent, who is also a ninja, and so when tasked with going into a secret Colombian narcotics base guarded with milspec equipment, instead of a gun he chooses to bring a crossbow.

I'm curious, WR, will 80sRun support physical adepts who are immune to helicopter gunships and can only be defeated by other adepts?

I'm glad you asked. I've been thinking about this a lot lately. This is what I'm thinking I will do:

I will have the basic rules, which are pretty realistic, and a heap of Optional Rules that allow you to behave like in the movies. That way people who want to play a "serious" or gritty game can just use the basic rules and have their tough firefights. If you want to play like a movie, the Optional Rules would over-power your character while firearms from normal people would be stuck back down with their 15% accuracy rate.

Here's an example of something I'd been planning. I was planning to, after I've reached a reasonable draft of the firearms rules, to write a pretty realistic set of rules for hand to hand combat, where hand to hand is useful for silent kills or for when you're suddenly sucker punched, but not effective for running up and trying to punch a man with a shotgun. However, alongside that, I'd have an optional ruleset for Mr. Miyagi-fu, where any successful martial arts attacks would automatically defeat anyone whose martial arts skill level is lower than yours by a certain margin, which would take precidence over the realistic ruleset when employed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012