Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Magic Fingers, A question of Speed
raverbane
post Jan 8 2008, 01:38 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,735

I did a search through several threads and couldn't find one that addressed the question of speed.

How fast can someone move an object around using Magic Fingers?

What is the movement rate of said object?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Jan 8 2008, 01:52 PM
Post #2

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

I would use the rules for Levitate as a guide. Force times net hits per round. I might be persuaded to modify that by an (defaulted) Athletics roll (since the spell actually provides an Agility and Strength rating), but that would require the caster (or user if not one and the same) expend an Action for the spell's movement.

+Quote Post
Mercer
post Jan 8 2008, 06:42 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 2,600

Looking over the Magic Fingers spell, it looks like its makes a better candidate for weaponizing bowling balls than Levitate does. I guess if you were just flinging bowling balls at people, it wouldn't matter which spell you were using. You could use the Levitate guidelines to guess how fast the bowling ball flung with Magic Fingers would travel, likewise you could use the Magic Fingers guidelines to judge how accurate and damaging a bowling ball flung with Levitate would be. The real difference between the spells seems to be Magic Fingers can't make you fly and Levitate can't pull a grenade pin, but other than that I'd be fine with letting them overlap.

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Jan 8 2008, 09:36 PM
Post #4

Bushido Cowgirl

From: On the Double K Ranch a half day's ride out of Phlogiston Flats
Member No.: 7,490

...bowling for bad guys.

Sounds like a fun game. :grinbig:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:15 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.