> Cyberlimbs VS bone lacing ...
i101
post Jan 20 2008, 03:44 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,989

Hoi,
i would like to know how do you guys handle essence cost of bone lacing/bone density augmentation/orthoskin if the PC has cut his full arm(s)/leg(s) off and replaced em for cyberarm(s)/leg(s). Unfortunately i cant find anything on this in the augmentations, but charching the PC with the full essence/money price for a piece of cyber/bioware that should cover his/her complete body seems not that correct.

What do you think bout following rule: For each arm/leg the essence & money price for bone lacing/bone density augmentation/orthoskin goes -10-15%.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ravor
post Jan 20 2008, 05:02 AM
Post #2

Cybernetic Blood Mage

Member No.: 8,361

Personally I don't like it.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jan 20 2008, 10:19 AM
Post #3

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

What do you think bout following rule: For each arm/leg the essence & money price for bone lacing/bone density augmentation/orthoskin goes -10-15%.

as far as i remember tht was the way it went in SR3 at least after the event of Man and Machismo

+Quote Post
knasser
post Jan 20 2008, 10:26 AM
Post #4

Shadow Cartographer

Member No.: 8,636

It makes sense, perhaps, (though reasons for Essence loss are always a little vaguely defined). But it depends how much book-keeping you want to do. If you're going down the realism road, you should also say that the benefit of orthoskin is reduced in proportion to the number of cyberlimbs. After all, it's covering less of you - at least if you have obvious cyberlimbs and debatably so even with synthetic limbs.

I keep it as is and accept that it's a little abstract. But that's me.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jan 20 2008, 10:30 AM
Post #5

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

If you're going down the realism road, you should also say that the benefit of orthoskin is reduced in proportion to the number of cyberlimbs

that was in there too . . at least partially . . namely for dermal-tech as far as i remember . . something like for each cyberlimb above 2 you lose one point of body given to you by any dermal-tech i think *g*

but yes, too much book keeping <.<

+Quote Post
i101
post Jan 20 2008, 11:10 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 12,989

QUOTE (Stahlseele)

as far as i remember tht was the way it went in SR3 at least after the event of Man and Machismo

Gotta check M&M. Thanks guys! :cyber:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:33 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.