Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyberlimbs VS bone lacing ...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
i101
Hoi,
i would like to know how do you guys handle essence cost of bone lacing/bone density augmentation/orthoskin if the PC has cut his full arm(s)/leg(s) off and replaced em for cyberarm(s)/leg(s). Unfortunately i cant find anything on this in the augmentations, but charching the PC with the full essence/money price for a piece of cyber/bioware that should cover his/her complete body seems not that correct.

What do you think bout following rule: For each arm/leg the essence & money price for bone lacing/bone density augmentation/orthoskin goes -10-15%.
Ravor
Personally I don't like it.
Stahlseele
What do you think bout following rule: For each arm/leg the essence & money price for bone lacing/bone density augmentation/orthoskin goes -10-15%.

as far as i remember tht was the way it went in SR3 at least after the event of Man and Machismo
knasser

It makes sense, perhaps, (though reasons for Essence loss are always a little vaguely defined). But it depends how much book-keeping you want to do. If you're going down the realism road, you should also say that the benefit of orthoskin is reduced in proportion to the number of cyberlimbs. After all, it's covering less of you - at least if you have obvious cyberlimbs and debatably so even with synthetic limbs.

I keep it as is and accept that it's a little abstract. But that's me.
Stahlseele
If you're going down the realism road, you should also say that the benefit of orthoskin is reduced in proportion to the number of cyberlimbs

that was in there too . . at least partially . . namely for dermal-tech as far as i remember . . something like for each cyberlimb above 2 you lose one point of body given to you by any dermal-tech i think *g*

but yes, too much book keeping <.<
i101
QUOTE (Stahlseele)

as far as i remember tht was the way it went in SR3 at least after the event of Man and Machismo

Gotta check M&M. Thanks guys! cyber.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012