Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ammo Mods, As Taser or As Cannon?
Dayhawk
post Jan 22 2008, 07:17 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,417

Im looking at the book and making notes on ammo types and when you get to Assault Cannon it says the Damage mod is as Cannon.

So for a PAC that would be

+10 damage mod & -5 AP

So a PAC would do 20p damage and -10 AP?

Ok if this is right then you can understand its power.

BUT... whats up with the Taser?

Taser Dart - Damage mod as Taser.

So a Yamaha Pulsar would do 12S(e) -quarter?

In the Stick-n-shock it calls out directly that you replace the weapon damage with the ammo damage. But all others are suppose to be modifiers. Also when there is no mod as is the case for Regular Ammo you get the --- in the column.

What am I missing?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Karaden
post Jan 22 2008, 07:39 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 14,397

Heh, that is a bit of a mistake on the part of whoever put together that table. I'm fairly sure that the 'as cannon' and 'as taser' are just trying to say that there is no modification, and it is just being included on the table because it has a different cost then 'regular' ammo for other weapons. Now why they didn't just do little dashes like with regular ammo I have no idea.

Now, I could understand the cannon going up to 20 -10, as it is supposed to be a freaking tank cannon more or less, but it is compleatly wrong when dealing with the taser.

I'd say go ahead and ignore the 'as cannon' and 'as taser' and just imagine there are little dashes like with regular ammo. May be that it is in the next errata if some people who work with that happen to see this, because it is admitidly rather odd.

+Quote Post
Dayhawk
post Jan 22 2008, 02:24 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,417

Ok I will make them both dashes as the program im writting is RAW.

Thanks

+Quote Post
djinni
post Jan 22 2008, 08:38 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,934

QUOTE (Dayhawk)
Ok I will make them both dashes as the program im writting is RAW.

Thanks

the reason they don't use the dashes is because that particular ammo is the only kind that item fires, and the Assault Cannon rounds are already EX-Explosive, but as the ammo is specialty amo the damage values are already calculated.
you could always adjust the "base" damage which forces someone to buy ammo.

+Quote Post
Karaden
post Jan 22 2008, 10:57 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 14,397

QUOTE (djinni @ Jan 22 2008, 03:38 PM)
you could always adjust the "base" damage which forces someone to buy ammo.

I would thinking wanting to be able to fire a weapon would be reason enough to want to buy ammo.

I don't see what it being specialty ammo in which the damage is already included in the ammo has to do with the strange notations. "Regular" ammo is different for most guns, but it doesn't have 'as base' or anything weird.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:39 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.