Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ammo Mods
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dayhawk
Im looking at the book and making notes on ammo types and when you get to Assault Cannon it says the Damage mod is as Cannon.

So for a PAC that would be

+10 damage mod & -5 AP

So a PAC would do 20p damage and -10 AP?

Ok if this is right then you can understand its power.

BUT... whats up with the Taser?

Taser Dart - Damage mod as Taser.

So a Yamaha Pulsar would do 12S(e) -quarter?

In the Stick-n-shock it calls out directly that you replace the weapon damage with the ammo damage. But all others are suppose to be modifiers. Also when there is no mod as is the case for Regular Ammo you get the --- in the column.

What am I missing?
Karaden
Heh, that is a bit of a mistake on the part of whoever put together that table. I'm fairly sure that the 'as cannon' and 'as taser' are just trying to say that there is no modification, and it is just being included on the table because it has a different cost then 'regular' ammo for other weapons. Now why they didn't just do little dashes like with regular ammo I have no idea.

Now, I could understand the cannon going up to 20 -10, as it is supposed to be a freaking tank cannon more or less, but it is compleatly wrong when dealing with the taser.

I'd say go ahead and ignore the 'as cannon' and 'as taser' and just imagine there are little dashes like with regular ammo. May be that it is in the next errata if some people who work with that happen to see this, because it is admitidly rather odd.
Dayhawk
Ok I will make them both dashes as the program im writting is RAW.

Thanks
djinni
QUOTE (Dayhawk)
Ok I will make them both dashes as the program im writting is RAW.

Thanks

the reason they don't use the dashes is because that particular ammo is the only kind that item fires, and the Assault Cannon rounds are already EX-Explosive, but as the ammo is specialty amo the damage values are already calculated.
you could always adjust the "base" damage which forces someone to buy ammo.
Karaden
QUOTE (djinni @ Jan 22 2008, 03:38 PM)
you could always adjust the "base" damage which forces someone to buy ammo.

I would thinking wanting to be able to fire a weapon would be reason enough to want to buy ammo.

I don't see what it being specialty ammo in which the damage is already included in the ammo has to do with the strange notations. "Regular" ammo is different for most guns, but it doesn't have 'as base' or anything weird.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012