IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Arsenal Street Date & Pre-Order information, Books, and PDFs, and Combos (oh my!)
Vairdic
post Jan 26 2008, 04:23 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,055

Hey all!

Adam's enjoying his well (well) deserved vacation, so I thought I'd take this time to nick in and steal his thunder.

Arsenal has a street date of March 18th, 2008!

That's right! As always we recommend you contact your local gaming store and make a pre-order for it, but if you don't have a local venue, check out the links below to order it direct.

The PDF is available now too!

Arsenal PDF ($25.00)
Arsenal Book only ($34.99)
Arsenal Book & PDF Combo ($54.99)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RobertB
post Jan 26 2008, 05:43 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,516

Aaaaaannnnnd purchased!

Robert (aka Spanner)

+Quote Post
Cardul
post Jan 26 2008, 05:59 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,006

Darn it! I have to wait until payday! Darn school books sucking up all my money!

+Quote Post
bibliophile20
post Jan 26 2008, 06:33 AM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 10,737

:D is actually a pretty good representation of my face at the moment.

+Quote Post
Trax
post Jan 26 2008, 06:52 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,924

Woah, that was fast. I thought there was going to be a preview first. But this is even better.

+Quote Post
SuperFly
post Jan 26 2008, 07:10 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,132

Most excellent....out for my birthday.

8)

+Quote Post
knasser
post Jan 26 2008, 08:18 AM
Post #7

Shadow Cartographer

Member No.: 8,636

12% downloaded.

:D

EDIT: 26% :D :D

EDIT: EDIT: 45% :D :D :D

EDIT: EDIT: EDIT: 78% :D :D :D (getting excited!)

EDIT: EDIT: EDIT: EDIT: Oooooooh... semi-automatic assault cannons.

+Quote Post
Demerzel
post Jan 26 2008, 08:56 AM
Post #8

Running Target

Member No.: 8,856

Of course you must have waited until my Commando Demo event so that I would come home all tired and exhausted from my demo so all I can do is buy it and look at the pictures for a few minutes before succumbing to the exhaustion....

I guess it's a good thing, if you released it before the Demo I may have been horribly late to it...

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Jan 26 2008, 09:03 AM
Post #9

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

As much as I'll enjoy reading the book: the cover art is awful. Not as awful as the one of Augmentation, but still awful.

+Quote Post
knasser
post Jan 26 2008, 09:22 AM
Post #10

Shadow Cartographer

Not as bad as Augmentation, but more cartoony than I'd like. Some more serious artwork inside, though. Am speed reading through it at the moment and first impression is not as much power-creep as I'd like. I've also spotted a world of GM pain hidden in one small sentence on pg 165. Will give you a clue: It starts with "The Gamesmaster determines exactly what effect this has..."

Am still skimming tables and rules, though. Haven't even begun to read the less crunchy parts such as black market dealing, et al.

+Quote Post
Synner
post Jan 26 2008, 09:31 AM
Post #11

Runner

Member No.: 185

QUOTE (knasser @ Jan 26 2008, 09:22 AM)
I've also spotted a world of GM pain hidden in one small sentence on pg 165. Will give you a clue: It starts with "The Gamesmaster determines exactly what effect this has..."

There will be more guidelines on this in Unwired, consider it a placeholder since this was written before the relevant section of that book was completed.

+Quote Post
knasser
post Jan 26 2008, 09:31 AM
Post #12

Shadow Cartographer

Form-fitting body armour is back and stacks with normal armour. I see all the best-dressed Shadowrunners wearing it this season. Though that's a terrifying image when applied to trolls in what must look like a very snug bondage outfit. :eek:

+Quote Post
knasser
post Jan 26 2008, 09:34 AM
Post #13

Shadow Cartographer

QUOTE (Synner)
QUOTE (knasser @ Jan 26 2008, 09:22 AM)
I've also spotted a world of GM pain hidden in one small sentence on pg 165. Will give you a clue: It starts with "The Gamesmaster determines exactly what effect this has..."

There will be more guidelines on this in Unwired, consider it a placeholder since this was written before the relevant section of that book was completed.

Thought there would be. But in the meantime it's a can of worms I am welding shut and burying at the bottom of my garden. In concrete.

Like the samurai armour, btw. Nice and stylish! :)

+Quote Post
Synner
post Jan 26 2008, 09:34 AM
Post #14

Runner

QUOTE (knasser)
Form-fitting body armour is back and stacks with normal armour. I see all the best-dressed Shadowrunners wearing it this season.

There are also those rules on p.44-45 to make armor more interesting...

+Quote Post
knasser
post Jan 26 2008, 09:42 AM
Post #15

Shadow Cartographer

QUOTE (Synner)
QUOTE (knasser @ Jan 26 2008, 09:31 AM)
Form-fitting body armour is back and stacks with normal armour. I see all the best-dressed Shadowrunners wearing it this season.

There are also those rules on p.44-45 to make armor more interesting...

Oh... wow...

GM: Make a Logic + Armourer roll.
Player: That's unusual, never had to make one of them before... 2 hits.
GM: You notice that the armour all of these guards were wearing is lined with radiation shielding.
Players (together): Uh oh.

Also noticed Power Armour has sneaked in there. You tried to hide it under a minor little modification type, but I found it!

+Quote Post
Thufar_Hawat
post Jan 26 2008, 10:22 AM
Post #16

Target

Member No.: 7,525

A Quick read through, and i have to say very nice book. Good art work, but would have liked to see some pic's of some of the new stuff that hasn't cropped up before in other books.

But on the whole a great book.

+Quote Post
martindv
post Jan 26 2008, 10:38 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 13,611

QUOTE (knasser)

"This is where Cain goes berserk."

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Jan 26 2008, 10:39 AM
Post #18

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

QUOTE (Thufar_Hawat)
Good art work, but would have liked to see some pic's of some of the new stuff that hasn't cropped up before in other books.

Such as?

+Quote Post
Synner
post Jan 26 2008, 10:42 AM
Post #19

Runner

QUOTE (Thufar_Hawat @ Jan 26 2008, 10:22 AM)
A Quick read through, and i have to say very nice book. Good art work, but would have liked to see some pic's of some of the new stuff that hasn't cropped up before in other books.

Catalyst did try to squeeze as much gear art as possible into the book. The new guns and vehicles are pretty well represented (about 70% of both get illos) compared to some of the other gear though you do get illos for common stuff like a magemask and magecuffs (Yay! Finally got them into print).

QUOTE (knasser)
Am speed reading through it at the moment and first impression is not as much power-creep as I'd like.

As with Augmentation and Street Magic the intent was to keep power-creep and the arms race down to a minimum and offer diversity over "bigger, better, more."

Edt: Wow... almost a full page and nobody's brought up that dreaded "Manatech." :P

+Quote Post
Synner
post Jan 26 2008, 10:46 AM
Post #20

Runner

QUOTE (martindv @ Jan 26 2008, 10:38 AM)
QUOTE (knasser @ Jan 26 2008, 04:22 AM)

I'm pretty sure he'll be going beserk more than once then - with any luck he'll give up the ghost.

+Quote Post
knasser
post Jan 26 2008, 10:56 AM
Post #21

Shadow Cartographer

QUOTE (Synner)
QUOTE (knasser)
Am speed reading through it at the moment and first impression is not as much power-creep as I'd like.

As with Augmentation and Street Magic the intent was to keep power-creep and the arms race down to a minimum and offer diversity over "bigger, better, more."

Edt: Wow... almost a full page and nobody's brought up that dreaded "Manatech." :P

Understood and appreciated. But I think of the customised cyberlimb rules in Augmentation as a near perfect example. They allow for a very powerful character in theory and the option is there for games to go that way, but just try actually building a character of that power and see what it does to cost and availability levels. Was kind of looking through the vehicle tables for Areas Main Battle Tank. GM's need toys, too, you know. ;)

But I've not really read in depth yet. A cursory reading of the rules for customising vehicles and the base stats for the anthroform Otomo drone means I can make a really armoured up cyborg, yes? I'm a bit confused as to what its effective physical attributes would be however.

Also, is it me or is the Otomo missing off the Medium Drones table at the back of the book?

+Quote Post
Synner
post Jan 26 2008, 11:06 AM
Post #22

Runner

QUOTE (knasser @ Jan 26 2008, 10:56 AM)
But I've not really read in depth yet. A cursory reading of the rules for customising vehicles and the base stats for the anthroform Otomo drone means I can make a really armoured up cyborg, yes? I'm a bit confused as to what its effective physical attributes would be however.

Jarhead bodies like the Otomo use the rules for rigging drones/vehicles most likely the Tactical Combat ones in SR4 since they'll be interacting with characters rather than vehicles most of the time). Typical Jumped In Rigging dice pools are also available in the FAQ post. How these translate in terms of Atts and Skills is defined in Augmentation.

IIRC (Don't quote me on this until I have time to check my books) use:
• The drone's Body = Body
• The drone's Body = Str
• Vehicle skill (+ the drone’s Handling modifier) = Agility.
• Jarhead's commlink Response = Reaction.
• Intuition + Response (instead of Pilot + Response) = Initiative.
• Drone’s Speed = Movement Rate in tactical combat.
• Attack = Gunnery + Sensor
• Defense= Response
• Dodge = Dodge + Response
• Damage Resistance = Body + Armor
• Initiative = Response + Intuition
• Perception = Perception + (Sensor or Intuition, whichever is lower)

Also, is it me or is the Otomo missing off the Medium Drones table at the back of the book?

It's possible, I'm at work and away from my copy of the book at the moment. There might have been some problems integrating the stats into the tables at the back of the cyborg bodies since they were a late addition to the book.

+Quote Post
knasser
post Jan 26 2008, 11:39 AM
Post #23

Shadow Cartographer

QUOTE (Synner)
QUOTE (knasser @ Jan 26 2008, 10:56 AM)

Jarhead bodies like the Otomo use the rules for drones/vehicles (most likely the Tactical Combat ones in SR4 since they'll be interacting with characters rather than vehicles most of the time). How these translate to in terms of Atts and Skills is defined in Augmentation.

So they are. Augmentation pg. 159 for anyone who's looking at it. Seems odd that a human-sized anthroform should be limited to Strength 6, or maybe I've misread something. It's deadly enough, anyway.

I'm likely to just raise more and more questions that already have answers, so I'll shut up for now until I've read more. Thanks for the replies, Synner.

-K.

+Quote Post
martindv
post Jan 26 2008, 11:53 AM
Post #24

Moving Target

Member No.: 13,611

QUOTE (Synner)
QUOTE (martindv @ Jan 26 2008, 10:38 AM)
QUOTE (knasser @ Jan 26 2008, 04:22 AM)

I'm pretty sure he'll be going beserk more than once then - with any luck he'll give up the ghost.

I hope not. I find it to be the most amusing thing here.

+Quote Post
Synner
post Jan 26 2008, 12:14 PM
Post #25

Runner

QUOTE (knasser @ Jan 26 2008, 11:39 AM)
Seems odd that a human-sized anthroform should be limited to Strength 6, or maybe I've misread something. It's deadly enough, anyway.

Actually that's the baseline for the human-sized Otomo, drone modifications that enhance Bod can increase that and it's pretty much standard for Otomos to be customized for specific functions. If you want more punch, you can always roll out a modified Tomino.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:36 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.