IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> location, location, location, where does your team base out of...
6thDragon
post Nov 30 2003, 02:31 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,605

I realize the default setting for shadowrun is Seattle. But I was wandering if this is where everyone plays. To be honest, I've always played campaigns based out of Seattle; even though I've never been there, but then again, I'm an America. I was wandering if all the overseas (non-American) players base there campaigns out of Seattle or if they play a more localized campagne.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dende
post Nov 30 2003, 03:24 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,837

One guy from our group has done a Cheyenne campaign. Liked that. Lots of Native American Souix Nation stuff, martial arts are nice, setting was pretty good from the way he tells it. Personally have only done Seattle with trips to the north and south to Tir Ten Gir(spelling is way off, but I am without books rights now)

+Quote Post
Luke Hardison
post Nov 30 2003, 03:35 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,828

Seattle, Denver, and once, Dallas. But we mostly stick to Seattle, since we have the most info from there and it appeals to everyone.

+Quote Post
Connor
post Nov 30 2003, 04:36 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,652

My groups have played mostly out of Seattle, but we've also travelled the globe a bit. Denver, Chicago, Atlanta, the Yucatan, Amazonia, both Tir Tairngire, Britain, Germany and Trans-Polar Aleut have all seen quite a bit of action from us. We've played smaller games based around other areas or travelling elsewhere as well.

I just have to say, smuggling gear and cyber and such has always been a big factor in our group, since we do travel so much. :-)

+Quote Post
Sahandrian
post Nov 30 2003, 05:16 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,880

Seattle. Mainly for lack of a reason to go anywhere else. I considered doing a game in my home state, but nothing ever really happens in WV. We'd probably have plenty of paranormal animals, and I can imagine a lot of metahumans here, but no corp or crime business.

And even if I did find an excuse for it, Charlie is in Florida, Ryan is from Texas, and I think John is in Virginia...

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Nov 30 2003, 05:21 AM
Post #6

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

Seattle and New Orleans are the hot spots for us, though we often take part in globe-hopping campaigns.

+Quote Post
Shockwave_IIc
post Nov 30 2003, 07:01 AM
Post #7

Shooting Target

Member No.: 5,499

Seattle mainly for me as well, Though i did do a stint in sydney, thought i didn't know about the mana warps and stuff so i introduced them when the comet cam along.

+Quote Post
thunderchild
post Nov 30 2003, 07:29 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,479

Seattle based, but they do go everywhere.

Ivr got the Germany SB and was about to base a campaign therebefore my group broke up years ago.

+Quote Post
zephir
post Nov 30 2003, 07:57 AM
Post #9

Target

Member No.: 2,723

We have played in Seattle and (mostly) in the Rhein-Main sprawl in Germany.

We like to play in Germany because we are better acquainted with german mythology and SK is the last true mega.

+Quote Post
Phaeton
post Nov 30 2003, 08:04 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,677

QUOTE (Sahandrian)
Seattle. Mainly for lack of a reason to go anywhere else. I considered doing a game in my home state, but nothing ever really happens in WV. We'd probably have plenty of paranormal animals, and I can imagine a lot of metahumans here, but no corp or crime business.

And even if I did find an excuse for it, Charlie is in Florida, Ryan is from Texas, and I think John is in Virginia...

Don't forget I'm semi-working on a campaign taking place in Japan, Sahandrian.

+Quote Post
RedmondLarry
post Nov 30 2003, 08:50 AM
Post #11

Senior GM

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 4,442

We keep our safehouse about a mile from where I live. In the direction of Cain and Stonecouger.

+Quote Post
Austere Emancipa...
post Nov 30 2003, 12:47 PM
Post #12

Great Dragon

Member No.: 5,222

Turku, Finland. The characters have never even visited North America, though the last ones did run away to South America to merc around a bit before dying. A few runs abroad every now and then, but they are always quick border hops there and back.

+Quote Post
Synner
post Nov 30 2003, 01:48 PM
Post #13

Runner

Member No.: 185

After years of running in Seattle and North Am, I'm having a ball playtesting the Shadows of Europe setting with my current team. They're still not used to the subtler approach but they're getting there... if they survive a four-way scuffle between Saeder-Krupp, Zeta-ImpChem, Transys and Spinrad Industries they've been dropped into, all in against the pleasant backdrop of Cote d'Azure and the Grand Tour.

+Quote Post
Wailer
post Nov 30 2003, 05:24 PM
Post #14

Target

Member No.: 5,523

I run a campaign based strongly in the Ork Underground, Seattle. Started the pc's off using the Ganger rules and have grown fond of the 'small town'-type setting. Only recently have the pcs started venturing topside in search of more money, but most of them still have side-plots and ic-relationships that bring the UG into every session.

+Quote Post
leemur
post Nov 30 2003, 08:36 PM
Post #15

Target

Member No.: 5,803

One game in the 'StarCraft ' universe (which rocked) and one game in the 'MechWarrior' universe (not so rocking, but still fun).

ShadowRun adapted quite well, for the most part, although the DM could never quite figure out how to to do spaceship combat

+Quote Post
Daishi
post Nov 30 2003, 09:30 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,522

Seattle when we want to start up a game in a hurry. (Which is fairly often.)

Beyond that we've done:
Adelaide, Australia
Boston, UCAS
Brighton, UK
Saskatoon, AMC
Thunder Bay, AMC
Vancouver, SSC

And we also have a campaign that started in Seattle, but finished in Fiji that we intend to pick up again. From Fiji.

+Quote Post
Dim Sum
post Dec 1 2003, 04:09 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,487

Everywhere. Don't like tying my campaigns down to one city unless the players choose to play very local type characters, in which case the default is Seattle.

+Quote Post
Siege
post Dec 1 2003, 04:47 AM
Post #18

Dragon

Member No.: 3,916

QUOTE (leemur)
One game in the 'StarCraft ' universe (which rocked) and one game in the 'MechWarrior' universe (not so rocking, but still fun).

ShadowRun adapted quite well, for the most part, although the DM could never quite figure out how to to do spaceship combat

Do we want to know what kind of numbers your GM used for the Zerg?

-Siege

+Quote Post
Fix-it
post Dec 1 2003, 04:48 AM
Post #19

Creating a god with his own hands

Member No.: 3,364

:D Travel is fun, because it gives the players the challenge of getting themselves and thier gear through airport security.

+Quote Post
Sepherim
post Dec 1 2003, 12:48 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,446

Mostly based in Seattle, my players jump from one point of the globe to the next, not only in North Am but been also in the Near East, Egypt, Germany and several parts of Spain (I tried to start a campaign here testing SoE but they didn't adapt too good to it and decided to return to Seattle).
I wanted to base my new campaign in Madrid, Spain, but my players were newbies and it wouldn't be a good point to start.

+Quote Post
Shader
post Dec 1 2003, 02:23 PM
Post #21

Target

Member No.: 5,580

Free City of Helsinki, mostly doing missions in Finland, Sovereign Pohjola and Re-Monarchy of Sweden.

yes, I do run a heavily modded campaign :)

+Quote Post
Pavlov
post Dec 1 2003, 03:00 PM
Post #22

Target

Member No.: 5,820

Vast majority of time is spent in Seattle, but every so often when a good sourcebook comes out, we'll jaunt over there to justify me buying yet another book. We've been to New Orleans, the Ivory Coast, and Constantinople (now THAT was a clusterfrag). Looking forward to Shadows of Europe and regretting not buying the German handbook while I was living in Frankfurt a.M.

+Quote Post
Mr.Platinum
post Dec 1 2003, 04:55 PM
Post #23

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,853

I always have my group start out in TouristVille in the redmond.

Daishi: I currently live in THunderBay if you would like some help about this area e-mail me

Mukwoh@hotmail.com

+Quote Post
Prospero
post Dec 5 2003, 11:20 AM
Post #24

Illuminate of the New Dawn

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 4,700

I've almost always done Seattle, though my players often get some world travelling done in their careers somewhere (if they live long enough). Started one gang campaign in London once (right after the London Sourcebook came out). That was interesting and it ended up - bizarrely enough, purely by chance and definately not by planning - heading to Seattle where we all got geeked by bug spirits. I also tried to do one in Tir Nan Og but that was at the end of my college years and my players all moved away on me, so that tanked.

Seattle campaigns are pretty natural for me and my group(s), mainly since I live just across the state from the place and everyone I know has been there a lot. I kinda want to run a campaign based in Spokane (which is where I live), especially since SoNA has actual info on it, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'd also love to run a campaign in Hungary, since I lived there and have the sourcebook, but haven't gotten enough interested people to do that one yet. Ah well.

+Quote Post
leemur
post Dec 5 2003, 01:10 PM
Post #25

Target

Member No.: 5,803

QUOTE (Siege)
QUOTE (leemur @ Nov 30 2003, 08:36 PM)

Do we want to know what kind of numbers your GM used for the Zerg?

-Siege

Oddly enough, I was asking him about that yesterday.

They ranged from pretty crap to really tough, depending on which breed we were fighting.

At their toughest, they were easily a match for my physad (Sol) who was himself half zergling (not that anyone knew it....although they suspected it towards the end when I betrayed them to the Overmind).

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:11 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.