> Whee! Matrix attacks...
darthmord
post Jan 30 2008, 12:58 PM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,548

Link: http://redtape.msnbc.com/2008/01/from-the-...ment.html#posts

Interesting article. I had to do a writeup on that very vulnerability over a year ago.

The thing I really liked from the article was the talkback section. It was almost like Shadowtalk but from the mindless sheep.

Sadly the whole SCADA issue simply shows that the Matrix of 2070 is all too likely to happen DESPITE IT security knowing better.

Cheap & Easy is overcoming Better. :S
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ixombie
post Jan 30 2008, 01:56 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,481

Don't worry! Everyone knows that when the net crashes, it rockets technology forward by several generations ^.^;

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Jan 30 2008, 01:57 PM
Post #3

Awakened Asset

Member No.: 7,309

Yeah, said that before. There will be no opt out.

The comments on the other hand... I´ve seen two powerplants so far, one fairly new. You will not hack those, they still have "arcane controls". I do not know about the state of transformer stations, but I do not see the benefit of hooking them to the internet, either. Intraweb with rather paranoid settings (financial institutions do it today) is another thing.

In SR you get it easy, all you need is physical access to one device on the net... not that simple in reality.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:05 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.