Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ghost forests, in Tir Tairngire
CircuitBoyBlue
post Feb 26 2008, 05:45 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,215

This story deals mostly with shipwrecks that have recently surfaced in Oregon, but it also briefly mentions "ghost forests" and strangely shaped iron deposits. I figured this had a fittingly Tir Tairngire bent to it, so I should post it. Then we can all talk about creepy elf stuff, and what we're doing with TT in our games now that we don't know exactly what's happening to it in canon. Then maybe Kyoto Kid can tell us about his personal experiences with the Portland area and running an SR campaign set there, and maybe other Oregonians can chime in. And we can all agree that Tir Tairngire is a weird place. Ghost forests--good stuff.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daddy's Litt...
post Feb 26 2008, 06:01 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,668

I read that too. Very weird. Wrecks just thrown up by the storms. They said one was from 1944. Think of what might suddenly appear on the coast.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Feb 26 2008, 07:11 PM
Post #3

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

I was just thinking that the Rite of Progression is one of those things that can really culturally bond a nation. An identity, shared experience, and so on. Toss in some corp, university and house sponsorships, and you've got a spectacle worth exporting. A nationwide demand for excellence. It's what makes Tir: Tir, more than elves and magic. Rite of Progression + Ghost Forests + RealitySim = (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif)

(I reminded of the Algebraist: "They're a culture billions of years old, and the only thing we take from them is hunt your children?")

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Feb 26 2008, 07:21 PM
Post #4

Ain Soph Aur

Member No.: 600

(Rite of Progression + Ghost Forest) ^ Horizon = (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif)

+Quote Post
DocTaotsu
post Feb 27 2008, 08:07 AM
Post #5

Shooting Target

Member No.: 15,601

Wow... just when I thought the Oregon coast couldn't get any creepier... Oregon had some seriously sleepy hollow worthy areas around Astoria.

+Quote Post
Daddy's Litt...
post Feb 27 2008, 03:34 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,668

The Rites are not just athletic but also achedemic too, right? like taking your SAT's then doing the olympics to get a good job. I thought they had suspended the Rites because of corruption.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Feb 27 2008, 04:49 PM
Post #7

Beetle Eater

Member No.: 2,826

QUOTE (Daddy's Little Ninja @ Feb 27 2008, 09:34 AM) *
I thought they had suspended the Rites because of corruption.
A tragic tale told in the heartfelt sim, "My So-Called Rite," which portrays a young elf (played by the beautiful, yet accessible Terria Gentlebreeze) in her struggle for acceptance among her family and society under a coercive system ruled by nepotism and greed to her triumph when she convinced the Se'har Maera to end the corruption, and the ultimate betrayal by Surehand when he suspended the Rite without reason or cause to hide his failures. Released in 2069 by Karen N'Saragisse, the semi-autobiographical story sold millions of copies around the nation. Rumors report that Prime Chamberlain Larry Zincan wept after the experience, saying "I always asked Surehand why the Rites were suspended and he never answered me. Now we know, and can actually do something about it."

+Quote Post
Snow_Fox
post Feb 28 2008, 03:40 AM
Post #8

Prime Runner

Member No.: 1,221

QUOTE (Daddy's Little Ninja @ Feb 27 2008, 10:34 AM) *
The Rites are not just athletic but also achedemic too, right? like taking your SAT's then doing the olympics to get a good job.
cute, frightening, cute.amd probably well said.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:36 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.