Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ghost forests
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
CircuitBoyBlue
This story deals mostly with shipwrecks that have recently surfaced in Oregon, but it also briefly mentions "ghost forests" and strangely shaped iron deposits. I figured this had a fittingly Tir Tairngire bent to it, so I should post it. Then we can all talk about creepy elf stuff, and what we're doing with TT in our games now that we don't know exactly what's happening to it in canon. Then maybe Kyoto Kid can tell us about his personal experiences with the Portland area and running an SR campaign set there, and maybe other Oregonians can chime in. And we can all agree that Tir Tairngire is a weird place. Ghost forests--good stuff.
Daddy's Little Ninja
I read that too. Very weird. Wrecks just thrown up by the storms. They said one was from 1944. Think of what might suddenly appear on the coast.
Kanada Ten
I was just thinking that the Rite of Progression is one of those things that can really culturally bond a nation. An identity, shared experience, and so on. Toss in some corp, university and house sponsorships, and you've got a spectacle worth exporting. A nationwide demand for excellence. It's what makes Tir: Tir, more than elves and magic. Rite of Progression + Ghost Forests + RealitySim = nuyen.gif

(I reminded of the Algebraist: "They're a culture billions of years old, and the only thing we take from them is hunt your children?")
Backgammon
(Rite of Progression + Ghost Forest) ^ Horizon = nuyen.gif nuyen.gif nuyen.gif
DocTaotsu
Wow... just when I thought the Oregon coast couldn't get any creepier... Oregon had some seriously sleepy hollow worthy areas around Astoria.
Daddy's Little Ninja
The Rites are not just athletic but also achedemic too, right? like taking your SAT's then doing the olympics to get a good job. I thought they had suspended the Rites because of corruption.
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (Daddy's Little Ninja @ Feb 27 2008, 09:34 AM) *
I thought they had suspended the Rites because of corruption.
A tragic tale told in the heartfelt sim, "My So-Called Rite," which portrays a young elf (played by the beautiful, yet accessible Terria Gentlebreeze) in her struggle for acceptance among her family and society under a coercive system ruled by nepotism and greed to her triumph when she convinced the Se'har Maera to end the corruption, and the ultimate betrayal by Surehand when he suspended the Rite without reason or cause to hide his failures. Released in 2069 by Karen N'Saragisse, the semi-autobiographical story sold millions of copies around the nation. Rumors report that Prime Chamberlain Larry Zincan wept after the experience, saying "I always asked Surehand why the Rites were suspended and he never answered me. Now we know, and can actually do something about it."
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (Daddy's Little Ninja @ Feb 27 2008, 10:34 AM) *
The Rites are not just athletic but also achedemic too, right? like taking your SAT's then doing the olympics to get a good job.
cute, frightening, cute.amd probably well said.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012