Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Determining crushing damage values
Insomnia Strikes...
post Mar 4 2008, 02:23 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,672

I'm running a campaign where the players have been hired for wetwork that looks like an accident. One of the brainstorming ideas they have thrown out was to have a large sculpture fall on the target. As I started thinking about it (and looking through the books and this forum) I realized I have no idea how to calculate the damage a falling object does. Does any one have any rules or ideas for this?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Teulisch
post Mar 4 2008, 02:29 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,965

two factors here: mass and velocity. use mass to find the body of the object dropped, and then do a crash test. once it hits him, consider if the shape will trap him under its weight. if it does, and is heavier than his strength can lift, have it do STUN damage to him until he gets out from under that weight. he probably wont die unless his torso or head is crushed though

+Quote Post
Insomnia Strikes...
post Mar 4 2008, 04:21 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 15,672

Thanks!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:09 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.