IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Various Dodge spells., Do they stack? Any cap?
Lord Ben
post Mar 22 2008, 05:11 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,659

Combat sense, +1 to melee and ranged attaks per hit
Camouflage, -1 to an opponents ranged attacks per hit
Deflection, +1 per hit to ranged attacks per hit

So can you get a force 6 for each of these spells for a good 18 dice advantage? Or are they considered a bonus to the dodge skill? If it's just a dice pool bonus and not a dodge bonus is there an actual limit?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fulcra
post Mar 22 2008, 05:21 AM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 15,742

Bonus' aren't 'named' in Shadowrun like they are in DnD. I believe they would all stack. You have to use some common sense for stacking. I wouldn't let Camouflage stack with -6 for being invisible, for example. But in this case, the player would get some dice because they're "magically aware" of the combat situation, like a jedi, then the opponent loses six dice because they're pretty much invisible and hard for the shooter to see, and then they get six more dice because even if their super enhanced jedi abilities don't protect them, a field of magic is helping deflect away bullets.

Makes sense to me.

+Quote Post
WeaverMount
post Mar 22 2008, 05:25 AM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 12,309

Don't forget to throw concealment, confusion, chaotic world and invisible in that laundry list. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

Honestly I wouldn't sweet it. Magicians will never get out everything written for them, if you start adding up the tasks, -2s for sustaining the karma for the spells and quickening, and money for binding and karma for long term binding and initiation etc etc etc, the dread combos are use Pyric twinks.

+Quote Post
Eyeless Blond
post Mar 22 2008, 05:27 AM
Post #4

Decker on the Threshold

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,156

Yeah, SR doesn't have the same stacking problems that you have in D&D, because you have to pay for each sustained spell, either in DP mods, spirit services, or foci. Spells don't have free sustained durations in this world.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:48 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.