Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Online Dice Roller, exciting i know
fulcra
post Mar 23 2008, 06:15 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,742

I don't know if anyone else knows of any online dice rollers for shadowrun, but I made one a while ago and I guess I should share it.

http://www.otherrealm.net/sr/

I know people like to roll actual dice, but when a GM has to roll 15 dice eight times, speeding up the game can be important. Or, when someone wants to climb that 100 meter building with their 10 dice, well, sometimes it's just annoying.

I think it follows all the SR4 rules. If anyone spots a problem, lemme know.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Mar 23 2008, 06:20 PM
Post #2

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

That's a pretty nice setup. I like it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I did notice that in a number of practice rolls, it rolls a little low. on rolling 18 dice, I got a lot of 3-4 net hits, with three rolls coming up only 1 hit, and only a few hits in higher areas. Mostly towards the average. I relaly like the built in Edge options though. That really sells it for me. I'd suggest some way of logging the rolls, such as game or NPC or situation names as an option, but not a requirement, for easier back referencing. All in all though, I like it. I think I'll use it for a while in one of the PbP games I'm doing and see how it goes in the long run.

+Quote Post
WearzManySkins
post Mar 23 2008, 06:54 PM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 11,440

There is also Invisible Castle
Invisible Castle

WMS

+Quote Post
vladski
post Mar 23 2008, 07:36 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,176

I played with it a bit. Nice!

Any chance you might make a much smaller page size available, maybe without the graphics? As an option, so it can be used in a much smaller window while you have another document or a pdf of a rule book open at the same time? That is he only thing I can think of at the moment to make it even more user friendly.

Again, really nice work!

Vlad

+Quote Post
fulcra
post Mar 26 2008, 08:12 AM
Post #5

Target

Apparently I don't have anything better to do. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

There is now a popup link which will start an unskinned, mini-popup version.

There is also now the ability to save/load historys by name. Note, there is a little bit of weirdness. The most recent roll isn't considered part of the "History" here, and there are some minor usability issues, but it works, which is the main part. These are stored in cookies. There is probably a pretty small limit on the cookie for how much data you can store there.

As for rolling low. Well. Maybe you were just unlucky. It uses the random function in javascript, so it's not truly random, but it's random enough.

Enjoy.

+Quote Post
Zormal
post Mar 29 2008, 08:11 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,928

Cool!

If it had the 'Roll with 1 keypress' code from this Shadowrun Dice Roller, it would be my favorite.
Clearing out old numbers and typing in new ones feels so slow after rolling with hotkeys (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
vladski
post Mar 29 2008, 08:17 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,176

QUOTE (fulcra @ Mar 26 2008, 03:12 AM) *
Apparently I don't have anything better to do. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

There is now a popup link which will start an unskinned, mini-popup version.

There is also now the ability to save/load historys by name. Note, there is a little bit of weirdness. The most recent roll isn't considered part of the "History" here, and there are some minor usability issues, but it works, which is the main part. These are stored in cookies. There is probably a pretty small limit on the cookie for how much data you can store there.

As for rolling low. Well. Maybe you were just unlucky. It uses the random function in javascript, so it's not truly random, but it's random enough.

Enjoy.

Oh hey! Thanks for creating hte pop-up version! That was exactly what I had in mind!
I'll be giving it a shot next time I run. I'll try to post here how it goes.

Vlad

+Quote Post
fulcra
post Mar 30 2008, 12:19 AM
Post #8

Target

BAM. Hot keys done. History weirdness fixed. Everything should work peachy. If you have any problems issues with this, lemme know.

+Quote Post
Kastie
post Mar 30 2008, 04:06 AM
Post #9

Target

Member No.: 15,697

Excellent. I like it. I am about to start a game with 3 in house players, and 2 remote...so this will come in handy for the remote players...

Thanks,

Kastie

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post May 1 2010, 01:43 PM
Post #10

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

I don't know how many people use this program, but I've been using it in my games ever since fulcra put it up here. Obviously , he hasn't been around here in a while, but I shot him an e-mail a bit ago because the site is now down, and I love it. Anyone got any info on this?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:07 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.