Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Online Dice Roller
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
fulcra
I don't know if anyone else knows of any online dice rollers for shadowrun, but I made one a while ago and I guess I should share it.

http://www.otherrealm.net/sr/

I know people like to roll actual dice, but when a GM has to roll 15 dice eight times, speeding up the game can be important. Or, when someone wants to climb that 100 meter building with their 10 dice, well, sometimes it's just annoying.

I think it follows all the SR4 rules. If anyone spots a problem, lemme know.
fistandantilus4.0
That's a pretty nice setup. I like it. smile.gif I did notice that in a number of practice rolls, it rolls a little low. on rolling 18 dice, I got a lot of 3-4 net hits, with three rolls coming up only 1 hit, and only a few hits in higher areas. Mostly towards the average. I relaly like the built in Edge options though. That really sells it for me. I'd suggest some way of logging the rolls, such as game or NPC or situation names as an option, but not a requirement, for easier back referencing. All in all though, I like it. I think I'll use it for a while in one of the PbP games I'm doing and see how it goes in the long run.
WearzManySkins
There is also Invisible Castle
Invisible Castle

WMS
vladski
I played with it a bit. Nice!

Any chance you might make a much smaller page size available, maybe without the graphics? As an option, so it can be used in a much smaller window while you have another document or a pdf of a rule book open at the same time? That is he only thing I can think of at the moment to make it even more user friendly.

Again, really nice work!

Vlad
fulcra
Apparently I don't have anything better to do. smile.gif

There is now a popup link which will start an unskinned, mini-popup version.

There is also now the ability to save/load historys by name. Note, there is a little bit of weirdness. The most recent roll isn't considered part of the "History" here, and there are some minor usability issues, but it works, which is the main part. These are stored in cookies. There is probably a pretty small limit on the cookie for how much data you can store there.

As for rolling low. Well. Maybe you were just unlucky. It uses the random function in javascript, so it's not truly random, but it's random enough.

Enjoy.
Zormal
Cool!

If it had the 'Roll with 1 keypress' code from this Shadowrun Dice Roller, it would be my favorite.
Clearing out old numbers and typing in new ones feels so slow after rolling with hotkeys smile.gif
vladski
QUOTE (fulcra @ Mar 26 2008, 03:12 AM) *
Apparently I don't have anything better to do. smile.gif

There is now a popup link which will start an unskinned, mini-popup version.

There is also now the ability to save/load historys by name. Note, there is a little bit of weirdness. The most recent roll isn't considered part of the "History" here, and there are some minor usability issues, but it works, which is the main part. These are stored in cookies. There is probably a pretty small limit on the cookie for how much data you can store there.

As for rolling low. Well. Maybe you were just unlucky. It uses the random function in javascript, so it's not truly random, but it's random enough.

Enjoy.

Oh hey! Thanks for creating hte pop-up version! That was exactly what I had in mind!
I'll be giving it a shot next time I run. I'll try to post here how it goes.

Vlad
fulcra
BAM. Hot keys done. History weirdness fixed. Everything should work peachy. If you have any problems issues with this, lemme know.

Kastie
Excellent. I like it. I am about to start a game with 3 in house players, and 2 remote...so this will come in handy for the remote players...

Thanks,

Kastie
fistandantilus4.0
I don't know how many people use this program, but I've been using it in my games ever since fulcra put it up here. Obviously , he hasn't been around here in a while, but I shot him an e-mail a bit ago because the site is now down, and I love it. Anyone got any info on this?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012