Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chara Critique: Hiratsu Takanashi, Agility Maxed Elven Sniper
quentra
post Apr 14 2008, 08:49 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,536

This is an experiment I wanted to try. See how well an agil maxed elf (12 agil/exceptional attribute) does. And for kicks, make him a sniper. His background is an ex-Tir Ghost, just so his badassery makes sense. Since technically, they're badass, or something. He's Japanese for kicks. Or an immigrant. One of the two. I was running out of names.

Hiratsu Takanashi

[ Spoiler ]

Well, there you have it. No arsenal stuff besides the FFBA, which I know that stats for. Suggestions, comments?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DTFarstar
post Apr 14 2008, 09:57 AM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 9,421

I would suggest the Ares Desert Strike or HK PSG Enforcer from Arsenal. I would also recommend buying Arsenal. Desert Strike is DV+1 from the Walther and no internal smartlink but it carries more bullets and uses a clip which is always nice. The Enforcer has the same stats, also no smartlink, also cheaper, and has two seperate clips of 12© ammo, simple action to switch between. Also, with Genetic Optimization you can get your agility to 13 instead of 12.

Chris

+Quote Post
Malicant
post Apr 14 2008, 10:10 AM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 7,520

Because what makes a good sniper is high agility (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
wanderer_king
post Apr 14 2008, 10:31 AM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 15,886

I personally would up stealth and drop the FFBA and other armor for chameleon armor.... and you are encumbered by that business suit. Max without a dice pool mod for armor is 2x bod, and that is armor 5 on the auctioneers business suit.

+Quote Post
quentra
post Apr 14 2008, 10:33 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

I want Arsenal. I put 3 points in perception, damnnit! If that doesn't make me a good sniper, I don't know what will (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
quentra
post Apr 14 2008, 10:33 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

QUOTE (wanderer_king @ Apr 14 2008, 06:31 AM) *
I personally would up stealth and drop the FFBA and other armor for chameleon armor.... and you are encumbered by that business suit. Max without a dice pool mod for armor is 2x bod, and that is armor 5 on the auctioneers business suit.

You take encumbrance for every two points ove 2xbod, I think.

+Quote Post
wanderer_king
post Apr 14 2008, 10:36 AM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 15,886

Nope, its 2 points or part there of... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Malicant
post Apr 14 2008, 10:52 AM
Post #8

Running Target

Member No.: 7,520

QUOTE (quentra @ Apr 14 2008, 12:33 PM) *
I want Arsenal. I put 3 points in perception, damnnit! If that doesn't make me a good sniper, I don't know what will (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

Training in procedures that result in people dropping dead from long distances. You don't need a high agility to do that. What you have build is essentially a gun bunny that will drop dead if anyone so much as sneezes in his general direction.

+Quote Post
Cthulhudreams
post Apr 14 2008, 11:13 AM
Post #9

Runner

Member No.: 12,328

Why do you have athletics and dodge?

+Quote Post
Tobias
post Apr 14 2008, 11:17 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,340

QUOTE (quentra @ Apr 14 2008, 06:33 AM) *
You take encumbrance for every two points ove 2xbod, I think.

You can take 2*bod armour before getting a penalty then you take a penalty = (armor-bod)/2 round up so wearing 5 armour gives you -2 to most physical rolls.

+Quote Post
Cabral
post Apr 14 2008, 11:29 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,646

If you were to drop Agi down to 6 and drop the Exceptional Attribute, you would free up 55 pts. You could, if so inclined, take Type-O System (Arsenal) Raise your Body and Will and have 5 pts left over. Plus, you'd have less Essence lost and thus one more point into adept powers. Others have stated that Type-O is not a good buy. It's not, you can eventually buy delta bio and use the BP to improves something you would spend karma on instead.

If you read up enough on anatomy and biology, you can pass the time discussing the frailty of metahuman organs and whether a metahuman could survive long enough to receive medical care ... maybe get some bonus karma for creeping out the GM. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
quentra
post Apr 20 2008, 02:06 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

Yeah, but one of the purposes of the build was an exercise in DP values, ie. How many skills can I default to better than a slightly trained individual with a maxed out Agility. Answer: A good damn amount. Any suggestions equipment-wise, or skill wise? I wanna twink him out, but keep the maxed Agi.

+Quote Post
cndblank
post Apr 20 2008, 04:15 AM
Post #13

Running Target

Member No.: 7,685

He needs at least one level of Outdoors if he was special forces.

Armorer, Electronics, Diving, Parachuting would all make sense.

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Apr 20 2008, 04:15 AM
Post #14

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

I would still move a point from Logic (you are hardly crippled with a Logic of 3, and you don't even have any Logic-based skills), and move it to Body. This would let you wear the leather jacket/FFBA combo without penalty.

If you are getting Firewall: 6 already, why bother with ISIS Orb OS? Just get System: 3 and save 400 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif)

Too bad you don't have Arsenal yet - a short-barreled Defiance T-250 would let you use your longarms skill for what is essentially a heavy pistol, concealability-wise.

+Quote Post
NativeRigger
post Apr 20 2008, 06:45 AM
Post #15

Target

Member No.: 15,758

Two errors in your build.

1. Max AGL is 11 for an elf with Exceptional AGL not 12

[My bad, missed a buried line in BBB -NR]

2. The improved Physical attribute adept power requires you spend 2 power points for every attribute point above the natural max. So, that two points of AGL would cost 4 power points. Withthe power point your spent raising Longarms by +2, that puts you at magic 5. Given that you're losing two magic levels to essence loss, you'd need Magic 6 + Initation to pull this build off.

I wanted to see if I could come close to what you had going a slightly different route. This is what I came up with:

[ Spoiler ]

-NR

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Apr 20 2008, 09:02 AM
Post #16

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

QUOTE (NativeRigger @ Apr 20 2008, 04:45 PM) *
1. Max AGL is 11 for an elf with Exceptional AGL not 12

This is not correct. Normal maximum Agility for an elf is 7 ... with Exceptional Attribute this goes up to 8. 150% of 8 is 12, which is the Augmented Maximum..

+Quote Post
Ears
post Apr 20 2008, 09:19 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,885

As the character still has .6 Essence left to spend why not install Cerebral Boosters and move points from Logic into attributes where they actually do some good?

+Quote Post
NativeRigger
post Apr 20 2008, 02:05 PM
Post #18

Target

Member No.: 15,758

QUOTE (Fortune @ Apr 20 2008, 04:02 AM) *
This is not correct. Normal maximum Agility for an elf is 7 ... with Exceptional Attribute this goes up to 8. 150% of 8 is 12, which is the Augmented Maximum..

Grrr,

My bad. I just found that line buried deep in a text block. I am really starting to dislike how relevant critical info in the BBB is neither grouped together nor highlighted.

Regardless, point 2 is still valid. If takes exceptional attribute and then buys his AGL up to the unagumented max then every point of Increased Attribute costs two power points.

-NR

+Quote Post
Larme
post Apr 20 2008, 04:05 PM
Post #19

Shooting Target

Member No.: 15,430

What do we want?

No more snipers!

When do we want it?

Now!

Not trying to be mean, I just think the sniper is a waaay overused, and not very colorful archtype. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
b1ffov3rfl0w
post Apr 21 2008, 01:49 AM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,329

Really.

When I played SR1, actually, there was a sniper in the group. He was also the face, before people used the term "face" outside of The A-Team, and sort of the Hannibal too come to think of it. I think he had no cyber, and the player was just a really smart guy who had played a lot of RPGs -- like the fat guy in Dork Tower. Those were fun games, although most of us had no idea what we were doing.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:39 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.