Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trid Pirates, What they need?
Cheese Emperor
post Dec 13 2003, 12:20 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,565

As has been the story of creation for so many topics, I came up with the idea as part of one of my characters and I wanted to get your opinion on this. He's primarily a decker, but does a good deal of electronics too. I've looked through the electronics sections and trid info from a lot of books. I'm looking to run the operation out of the back of a Bulldog Stepvan. It has 50 CF so I figure it should be a reasonable idea to be able to do it. I'm looking for a good area of coverage, but not major. 1 square km at most. Probably less. So of the following which would you deem necessary: signal amp, a signal repeater, power amplifier, portable generator(or would the power from the van be sufficient?), satellite link, satellite dish, and [insert something I missed here]?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Siege
post Dec 13 2003, 12:26 AM
Post #2

Dragon

Member No.: 3,916

"ShadowBeat" would probably be your best source on the subject -- failing that, talk to your GM and see what he would require.

Otherwise, what you've listed looks pretty good to this untrained eye.

-Siege

+Quote Post
Otaku On Acid
post Dec 13 2003, 12:32 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 4,877

Well if you really want to see what you need I would suggest the Media Front book from Cybergeneration, it has prices, equipment, variable setups and all kinds of wonderful toys for setting up and running pirate radio and tv stations. Also a warning, I would stay away from satelitte transmissions if I where you. Sats pack so much nasty trace ICE that all your audience is going to hear is the gurling sound as you try to breath through the sucking wound in your chest.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:26 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.