Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Second Stringers
Dakka
post May 24 2008, 02:02 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,904

Please start of by posting your sheets here so that I can quickly access them if need be. Also, I would like to be able to discuss your characters with you. A small background story and some stats dont mean much if I misunderstand the total picture.

I'd like to have everything done by this Thursday (May 29th) so that we can start by Friday.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
crizh
post May 24 2008, 02:48 PM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 15,722

Scab

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Ellipsis
post May 24 2008, 06:05 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 15,939

Hey y'all! I'm going to be busy this evening (yay contra dance!) but I'll hopefully have something up for perusal and discussion sunday eve/monday! Happy holidays!

+Quote Post
last_of_the_grea...
post May 25 2008, 04:09 AM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 2,904

Okay, here's Mitchel Naga
Attributes
B:3 A:4 R:4 S:3 C:4 I:4 L:3 W:3 Edge: *8*
Initiative:8 Initiative Passes:1
Essence: 5.88
Cram: +1 Reaction, +1 initiative pass, 9 hour duration

Contacts
Fixer (l:2/C:4)
Drug Dealer (L:2/C:3)

Qualities
Lucky
Addiction (stimulants)
SINner

Skills
Influence Group 3
Stealth Group 2
Unarmed Combat 3
Pistols 3
First Aid 1
Dodge 3
Perception 2

Knowledge Skills
Shadowrunners 1 (+2 mundane combat runners)
School Rumours 3 (+2 hot chicks)
Sports 2 (+2 MMA)
Celebrity gossip 2 (+2 hot babes)
Parental procedures 1 (+2 his parents)
VR games 3 (+2 combat games)
English (N)
Salish 3

Biowear
Alpha Sleep Regulator (.12 essence cost)

Gear
Low lifestyle, 1 month (basement suite of parents' house)
Novatech Airware Commlink with Iris Orb OS
Fake SIN rating 4
Morrisey Elan hold out pistol
2 clips (5 rounds each) Hi-C plastic rounds ammo
Concealable holster
Armour Vest
Micro Transciever 2
Survival knife
2 doses of Cram
500 nuyen (I just took the average instead of rolling)

+Quote Post
Dakka
post May 25 2008, 02:34 PM
Post #5

Target

Why did he start Cram?
What does he get out of it?
Is there another drug out there that might be more for a jock? Ripper perhaps? It would explain some of the ballsiness

Just ponder those for a few

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post May 26 2008, 07:37 AM
Post #6

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 4,302

Night Shift:

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
last_of_the_grea...
post May 26 2008, 05:04 PM
Post #7

Running Target

QUOTE (Dakka @ May 25 2008, 07:34 AM) *
Why did he start Cram?
What does he get out of it?
Is there another drug out there that might be more for a jock? Ripper perhaps? It would explain some of the ballsiness

Just ponder those for a few

He tried cram for the same reason most people try drugs 2 parts curiosity, 1 part peer pressure (though the numbers switch for most people (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ). He's cocky enough that he's the one who applies peer pressure and is, well, not immune, but less influenced by it on the outside.

A:It's quite a rush and feels good! (he wouldn't tell you that this is why he does it, though) B: It gave him a reflexes edge in sports. It wires him up, giving him an energy boost so he can party, do school and play sports without feeling run down. plus it would add to the cockiness. C: The cool kids the year ahead of him were doing it, so it must be cool. That's a monor reason, though. In his mind he's on par with them and doesn't need the drugs to be cool.

As for Ripper, he probably would use it, in fact, as well as G3. But it's stimulants he has an addiction to. I'm not sure if Ripper is a stimulant. I kinda envisioned him cheing Wuxing's wondrous product of betel gum, too. Keeps him alert and his teeth get to be all shiny.

Drawing on my own experience (I worked as a caregiver in a detox for street kids for 6 years) only 30% of people can become physically addicted to anything. The rest is all psychological. People use drugs rarely just to party and feel good. Usually it is a form of self-medication. People who are hyper tend to use pot. People who are sluggish tend to use cocaine. People who want to keep their weight down and stay awake tend to use crystal method. I figured Mitchel to be one of the 30%. He just has that body that gets to the "I physically need it" point.

+Quote Post
Dakka
post May 26 2008, 08:16 PM
Post #8

Target

Thanks for working that out for me.

Is he fidgety like most meth-heads?

+Quote Post
last_of_the_grea...
post May 26 2008, 09:59 PM
Post #9

Running Target

Pretty much. He'd be a pretty hyper dude under the effects of cram. After he's come down and eaten and slept he'd appear normal. After all, it's only a mild addiction so far.

+Quote Post
Dakka
post May 27 2008, 03:22 PM
Post #10

Target

Cool, that works for me.
If Ripper is anything like modern Steroids then yes you get a rush of energy also, a temper, but hey your nuts shrink! lol (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Kerris
post May 27 2008, 03:28 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,360

So, I'm kind of new to this section of DS, but I'm pining for some playtime, and I don't have a local group. Is this a signup thread for this particular game, or is there another thread where I have to sign up? Or is the game closed? Sorry to interrupt the character building session, but this seemed the most likely thread for me to be able to pick up a game.

+Quote Post
Dakka
post May 27 2008, 04:29 PM
Post #12

Target

Unfortuneately this game is closed but stay tuned in as I might start a mercenary type game in a month or so. I need to have this game well underway before I can consider doing another one.

+Quote Post
Kerris
post May 27 2008, 04:42 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,360

Aww, that sucks. Can you point me to where I might be able to join a game?

+Quote Post
Dakka
post May 27 2008, 08:02 PM
Post #14

Target

I started this one because I couldnt find any to play in lol (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post May 27 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #15

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 4,302

QUOTE (Dakka @ May 27 2008, 04:29 PM) *
Unfortuneately this game is closed but stay tuned in as I might start a mercenary type game in a month or so. I need to have this game well underway before I can consider doing another one.

That wouldn't happen to be a game where the possibility of using a shiny new man-portable gauss rifle would exist, would it? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

+Quote Post
Dakka
post May 27 2008, 10:29 PM
Post #16

Target

It might

+Quote Post
Ellipsis
post May 28 2008, 12:59 AM
Post #17

Target

Hey all, so late but better than never they say! (sorry got sidetracked working at a farm this week/end) and I'd really love for someone to go over this and double check that it is kosher. I've been using the excel spreadsheet that came from somewhere here on the boards and it all adds up but I haven't actually made a character in a looooong time so I may have just been stupid somewhere!

*edited to include BP costs and spoilered charsheet*

[ Spoiler ]

Whew...So thar you have m'boy, the touchy feely enforcer/sammie type Anders! Please point out any glaring problems. I went through this a couple times but by the end of it my eyes were just a little bit buggy! I'll work on getting BG stuff done up tonight after work for tomorrow. It's been a long time since I've been in a game so I'm really psyched about this thanks again Dakka and I'm Glad to play with everybody!

+Quote Post
last_of_the_grea...
post May 28 2008, 02:55 AM
Post #18

Running Target

Hmmm...with his celebrity gossip knowledge skill Mitchel may have heard of this guy. *Rolls* 5, 3, 4, 6, 5, 4. Three hits! An addition 4 and 6 if there's hot babes on his show, for one more hit (to know about the hot babes, of course).

+Quote Post
Dakka
post May 28 2008, 06:07 PM
Post #19

Target

No one said it was hit trid! lol

I imagine gary coleman everytime I think about your concept.

That reminds me....Did your character have a famous one liner??????

+Quote Post
Ellipsis
post May 28 2008, 10:52 PM
Post #20

Target

QUOTE (Dakka @ May 28 2008, 01:07 PM) *
No one said it was hit trid! lol

I imagine gary coleman everytime I think about your concept.

That reminds me....Did your character have a famous one liner??????

Oh no! The testosterone school boy's gonna blow my cover!...Wait! You're right there's a reason I'm running the shadows. My show sucked! LOL, Seriously I never thought of the Gary Coleman connection with Anders but that's hilarious!...And a little ironic considering his diminutive form v. a troll! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Shootout with Renraku guards...
RG: Hey, aren't you that guy from Lazer Crew? *krakow!* Can I have your autograph?
A: No but I got a bullet with your name on it! *badoom!!!* (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

And you thought gary coleman bitch slapping some lady was as bad as it got! As for the one liners I don't know if famous would be appropriate but I was thinking of a few things like "Lazer Crew's gonna make you see through!" or "I can't just let them die,...I need to make SURE they're dead!" perhaps "Run and scream, you'll be leaking just the same!"...I can't really find the epitome of corny catch phrase quite yet, but Anders himself would be more of the type to qoute classic stage play hoping someone will recognize it in conversation, though I envision him as really donning the old corny role when he's got his game face on, underneath the gas mask...

I'll work on some more BG stuff tonight Dakka, how deep do you want this stuff? Like a page or two? Also I was thinking if it could be worked out as a front for Anders real SIN to use the Homeopathic Medicine shop as a legit front like a small shop that he owns and he lives out back behind it, serving the afraid of modern medicine crowd.

+Quote Post
Ellipsis
post May 29 2008, 02:07 AM
Post #21

Target

So I wasn't sure if you wanted BG sent to you or open for all, so here's what I got (I just figured out the spoiler tag!) it's really more of a primer on how he got to the current situation. I can't do much more tonight but I'll work up a proper physical description et all soon as I can! later!
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
last_of_the_grea...
post May 29 2008, 03:09 AM
Post #22

Running Target

Perhaps Mitchel knew your catchphrase. Ya see, there was this hot chick in the lazer crew who was known as Killer Queen. Everytime she shot somebody Anders would say, "Dynamite with a lazer beam!" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Dakka
post May 29 2008, 11:51 AM
Post #23

Target

That's cheesey enough alright lol

+Quote Post
gobogen
post May 29 2008, 02:17 PM
Post #24

Running Target

Member No.: 5,686

Hey, I'm back from my trip.

I'll complete my character sheet and post it here within a day or two at most.

+Quote Post
crizh
post May 29 2008, 10:16 PM
Post #25

Runner

Member No.: 15,722

I've put a first draft of Scab at the top. Still not sure about some of it. I'm not sure I want a combat spell but I'm not sure he can survive without one...

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:40 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.