Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cyber-Pools, no, not the kind from Tron or SR4
Stahlseele
post Jun 18 2008, 06:41 PM
Post #1

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

ok, it's time again: I AM BORED AT WORK . .
my mind wandered and asked different parts of itself: has anybody ever explained to us if cyber attributes are used to calculate things like combat pool and rigging pool and the such?
and if not, has anybody ever explained to us WHY NOT?
and the parts of my brain that actually paid attention to yet another little voice in my head asking stupid questions shrugged and basically answered:"beats me!"

so . . can anybody answer me this?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jackstand
post Jun 18 2008, 06:55 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,298

I've always assumed that it does, because of the similar connection between Muscle Replacement and Reaction. In the description of the 'ware, it explicitly says that it does not improve reaction, which leads me to believe that otherwise it would have. Likewise with the pools, it works unless it says it doesn't.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jun 18 2008, 07:34 PM
Post #3

The ShadowComedian

i just don't really understand why muslce replacement does not add in to reaction in SR3 . . i mean . . why should it matter WHERE that +4 to Quickness comes from? O.o

+Quote Post
Jackstand
post Jun 18 2008, 07:38 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,298

Y'know, I never got it, either. It would hardly be unbalancing, even, if it did, since it's hardly an essence friendly way of bringing reaction up.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jun 18 2008, 08:08 PM
Post #5

The ShadowComedian

and it would bring cyber a little bit more up to par with bio again . .
but not even bio reaction counts for the rigging pool somehow O.o;,
meaning the two points of reaction you get from enhanced artwinkulation and hyper-gland would more or less be wasted in an rigger . . but if the rigger got muscle toner 4 the 4 points of quickness he gains from that help with his reaction, his NATURAL reaction and that again helps with the rigging pool somehow . .

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:20 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.