Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Technomancer's hut, One way a technomancer CAN spend his money
Rapier
post Jul 1 2008, 07:17 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,089

Thinking around a about technomancers and the way they spend the money.

- Register sprites don't cost money
- Creating Widgets don't cost money

By the way, for spellcasters:
- Bounding spirits needs money
- Foci cost a lot of money
- Lodges costs money

I thought that, rather technomancer spent his money in drugs, women, expensive sports cars and luxury life, he may spent some of his money in creating a "lodge" for him.

What i think for a "lodge" is some kind of nexi/node exclusive of him that uses to meditate, train CF, Register sprites and the stuff like this. It may grant some pool bonuses to registering, or bonuses to fading when creating widgets an alike. The cost can made with nuyens explaining that during the process memories and ram is burned.

What do you think about this idea?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
crizh
post Jul 1 2008, 07:54 AM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 15,722

I'm in the middle of working up the custom sculpting for the cluster my TM in 'Shadows in Hong Kong' has and this is exactly the sort of thing I'm thinking about.

Not looking for any bonuses other than the Homeground one she paid for but this is exactly the sort of stuff she'll be doing in it.

Maybe one day she can find a way to make it into a Resonance Well...

+Quote Post
Leofski
post Jul 1 2008, 08:39 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,667

My Techno spent most of his money on high lifestyle and sharp suits, but as a face secondary, that was an obvious route to take. More generally, there could be said to be issues with TMs and money, especially since any VK worth the name can probably manage middle lifestyle via spoofing and you can only use so many cars at once.

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jul 1 2008, 09:58 AM
Post #4

The King In Yellow

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,121

When RC brings back Karma for Money rules, the TM can finally use the money they get to become even more of an unbalanced concept than it already is.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 1 2008, 11:14 AM
Post #5

Immortal Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 14,465

Bribes to get out of the Corporate Research Facility where they're going to find out just how Technomancers work?

+Quote Post
Carny
post Jul 1 2008, 06:40 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,988

QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 1 2008, 11:14 AM) *
Bribes to get out of the Corporate Research Facility where they're going to find out just how Technomancers work?

Hey, stop revealing my plans for certain 60 year old scottish grandmothers!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:52 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.