Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Technomancer's hut
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Rapier
Thinking around a about technomancers and the way they spend the money.

- Register sprites don't cost money
- Creating Widgets don't cost money

By the way, for spellcasters:
- Bounding spirits needs money
- Foci cost a lot of money
- Lodges costs money

I thought that, rather technomancer spent his money in drugs, women, expensive sports cars and luxury life, he may spent some of his money in creating a "lodge" for him.

What i think for a "lodge" is some kind of nexi/node exclusive of him that uses to meditate, train CF, Register sprites and the stuff like this. It may grant some pool bonuses to registering, or bonuses to fading when creating widgets an alike. The cost can made with nuyens explaining that during the process memories and ram is burned.

What do you think about this idea?
crizh
I'm in the middle of working up the custom sculpting for the cluster my TM in 'Shadows in Hong Kong' has and this is exactly the sort of thing I'm thinking about.

Not looking for any bonuses other than the Homeground one she paid for but this is exactly the sort of stuff she'll be doing in it.

Maybe one day she can find a way to make it into a Resonance Well...
Leofski
My Techno spent most of his money on high lifestyle and sharp suits, but as a face secondary, that was an obvious route to take. More generally, there could be said to be issues with TMs and money, especially since any VK worth the name can probably manage middle lifestyle via spoofing and you can only use so many cars at once.
hermit
When RC brings back Karma for Money rules, the TM can finally use the money they get to become even more of an unbalanced concept than it already is.
CanRay
Bribes to get out of the Corporate Research Facility where they're going to find out just how Technomancers work?
Carny
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 1 2008, 11:14 AM) *
Bribes to get out of the Corporate Research Facility where they're going to find out just how Technomancers work?

Hey, stop revealing my plans for certain 60 year old scottish grandmothers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012