Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Combat Spell Question
Carriage
post Jul 22 2008, 11:40 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,159

Hello, new member and an inexperienced GM for an inexperienced group when we actually play. I've been working on learning the rules bit by bit and am adding them as we go. I think I've got a decent handle on the combat rules now and am trying to work out the magic rules (then after that matrix stuff).

My question is, with indirect combat do you compare the modified DV to the halved armour value to check for stun or the non halved one (modified by other means if any)?

Any help would be appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Isath
post Jul 22 2008, 12:09 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,062

Modified Armor in case of the indirect combat spell is half impact. Modified DV of the indirect combatspell is DV + netsuccess after the victim rolled his reaction test to "avoid" the spell. So Success (Spellcasting+Magic) - Opposed Success (Reaction) + DV Spell compare to Impact Armor/2. Idon't see armor being too effective here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Carriage
post Jul 22 2008, 12:28 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 16,159

So a spell that does physical damage is rarely if ever going to be converted to stun by armour, right?

+Quote Post
Isath
post Jul 22 2008, 12:34 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,062

Well there is quite heavy military armor with impact ratings up to 16, those are not unlikely to reduce the damage to stun, but below that a capable mage should be able to keep things physical. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Tarantula
post Jul 22 2008, 04:07 PM
Post #5

Dragon

Member No.: 6,686

Also, armor modifications like insulation for an ice spell, or fire resistance for fireball that add their full rating and can be quite helpful.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:42 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.