IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Miniatures for combat, Any recomendations.
count_zero99uk
post Aug 7 2008, 02:14 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,196

I never used to use minis in my combat i used to just scrawl across maps but since my mate has been using DND minis in his DND game i thought i might as well make an effort.

However Shadowrun minis dont exist anymore.

Is there a plan to rectify this and can anyone recomend a good alternative till we get official miniatures.

Thanks
Zero.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Murrdox
post Aug 7 2008, 02:59 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,752

Ah, but they DO exist chum!

http://ironwindmetals.com/catalog/index.ph...3add996fe1f7698

I've ordered several myself. Due to my painting being monopolized by other projects I haven't started them yet. They're a little smaller scale than I'd like them to be, but they're still good detailed minis. There's a good variety of them.

I don't think they're making any NEW ones right now beyond the ones already available though.

+Quote Post
Caine Hazen
post Aug 7 2008, 03:01 PM
Post #3

MechRigger Delux

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 1,657

Iron Wind still does the older Shadowrun minis and they're available online and at fine FLGS. I'm partial to using all sorts of conversions and figure lines myself to represent stuff on a map when I need to... using a 1 inch to 2 meter scale. seems to work out for my guys until I have to place the sniper all the way across the room and up on a bookcase and then the figure gets lost (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
MJBurrage
post Aug 7 2008, 03:17 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 11,507

Find a website that sells singles from the Star Wars Miniatures line. A large number of them work well for Shadowrun. Some D&D figs will also work. I like prepainted plastic minis because I am a poor painter, and they are easy to transport.

Another great source is the Hero Clix and Action Clix games, available from many of the same dealers. If the larger bases with numbers etc. bother you, it is very easy to rebase them to match the WOTC figures.

Useful links:This is also a good time to say again that I really, really, really, really want Shadowrun Action Clix.

+Quote Post
FlashbackJon
post Aug 7 2008, 03:29 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 13,962

I have lots of input here:

I'll dredge up some more here, I'm sure I have them buried in my bookmarks. Not a lot for metahumans, sadly but understandably.

+Quote Post
MaineShadowrunCo...
post Aug 7 2008, 04:23 PM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 11,664

Heroclix figures are great for Shadowrun.Commons/Rookies are often about $0.25 each. I just rebase them on 25mm Warhammer bases and repaint the brightly colored ones.They also are pretty much in scale with 1/34 to 1/38 vehicles you can pick up super cheap at Wal Mart.I use electrician numeric wire tags to number the bases to keep track whos who

+Quote Post
count_zero99uk
post Aug 7 2008, 06:49 PM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 16,196

Thansk for the links, i also did a search on the forum (should have done it before hand i know)

And it turned up Ground Zero Games and Foundry both have some nice things.

Now need the paint and skill to make them look good.

+Quote Post
Cpt_Machine
post Aug 17 2008, 12:53 PM
Post #8

Target

Member No.: 11,482

I second ground zero, they may have a smaller scale to everyone else but there minis are amazing.

+Quote Post
sunnyside
post Aug 17 2008, 01:11 PM
Post #9

Shooting Target

Member No.: 10,502

Instead of maps I suggest playing on a large markerboard. It lets you quickly change things and adapt to whatever you need for the day.

+Quote Post
HeavyMetalYeti
post Aug 17 2008, 10:19 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,968

The markerboard idea does speed things up quite abit.

+Quote Post
Cpt_Machine
post Aug 18 2008, 12:12 AM
Post #11

Target

Member No.: 11,482

Tact-Tiles are amazing but I think the company that makes them went under (please correct me if I'm wrong) so there hard to find.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:55 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.