Group: Members
Member No.: 7,377

Pg. 87 Runners Companion

In practice, this means that shapeshifters can only accept
deltaware implants, and only in their natural animal forms. These
implants do not carry over to their human form, but they don’t
disappear either—they’re simply not available while the character
is in human form.

Thats all cool, so by this logic, does that mean that you don't have to get naked to shift anymore?

Since the animal form can have implants that don't transfer over, does that mean you can shift while fully geared as a metahuman and when you shift back you are set?

This has always been my biggest issue with them. And I am hoping this one paragraph is enough justification to do it that way (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Aug 9 2008, 05:19 AM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

No.

+Quote Post
Squinky
post Aug 9 2008, 05:24 AM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 7,377

Heh, okay thanks.

+Quote Post
MJBurrage
post Aug 9 2008, 05:37 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 11,507

If the short answer bothers you, just remember that once you pay essence for the implants, they become part of you. Hence that do not hinder the change.

As for not wanting to be naked when you change back into human form, what about some high tech elastic fiber that can stretch enough to stay on as you change. Such clothing would probably be limited to the equivalent of unarmored shorts.
P.S. They might have to be purple (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Aug 9 2008, 06:41 AM
Post #5

Awakened Asset

Member No.: 7,309

I am now trying to imagine a tiger shapeshifter wearing purple lycro-pants in tigger form. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif)

+Quote Post
Jhaiisiin
post Aug 9 2008, 08:12 PM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 8,334

Using elastic seams, and velcro fasteners, you could have a normal street-clothes outfit that wouldn't rip itself to shreds just by you shifting (for the larger shifters). Similarly, using lycra or spandex clothing would allow it to still fit onto the smaller animals. Of course, if you happen to be a metavariant shifter (like a troll shifter or whatever), you might not even need that. A troll-bear shifter would be wearing basically the same thing either way.

+Quote Post
Isath
post Aug 9 2008, 10:38 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,062

Might, as always, be a personal preference, but I tend to have the clothing ripping or at least damaged. The body deforms drasticly and rapidly and clothing that fits better than very loose, has a tendancy to dislike such "acts". Alone the change in muscle propotions is likely to damage the clothing. The troll/bear thing seems quite reasonable though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Like I said it's just preference, there are enough reasons to rule otherwise.

The elastic clothing thing came to my mind, but it doesn't make to much sense in many situations and can get you nastily entangled. Also I imagine an shapeshifter to be glad to get rid of that second-hand fur and get back to the own. Armor however will not match there, I guess. Neither will it be elastic enough nor will it fit properly enough to of reasonable effect, without massive hindrance. That goes for "Troll-Bear-Pig" aswell. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Maybe some high budget project by a corp could come up with something... but mostly I think of it as somewhat poor.

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Aug 9 2008, 11:22 PM
Post #8

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

well, if you're a magician and have the right metamagic techniques and the karma to burn on an anchoring focus, you could certainly pull it off =P

[edit] which implies you could probably come up with some kind of unique focus, actually, now i think about it. [/edit]

+Quote Post
Jades_Ditoyr
post Aug 10 2008, 12:22 AM
Post #9

Target

Member No.: 9,607

Well, getting naked to shift *shouldn't* be much of a problem, considering that animals aren't compelled to wear clothing to begin with. It should be easier to cope with naked shifts when you consider that you aren't human in an animal form, but an animal in a human form.

+Quote Post
Jackstand
post Aug 10 2008, 04:33 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,298

Yeah. Your shapeshifter probably doesn't want to be like this guy.

+Quote Post
Isath
post Aug 10 2008, 10:13 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,062

Indeed, try to dress a Tiger (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

However, magic workers can somehow deal with everything someway, they do, after all, work magic. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) The Fashion spell might be a good basis there...

Still I'd see a shifter that somewhat adapted to "civilization" as used to wearing clothes, but prefering not to. Hell, I mean I am glad to be out of my clothes at the end of the day. Wearing clothes on top of your fur must be itchy, partly painful and somewhat like wearing two thick pulovers. Also ever had a more tightly fitting pair of pants tearing at the hair on your legs - imagine that on all of your body... ouch! Especially (but not exclusively) the more elastic fabrics have a tendancy to do that. ...and now let us talk about building up static electricity... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Thanks but I'll skip on the Panther-Pants. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Aug 10 2008, 04:39 PM
Post #12

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

Just get a deltaware cybertorso with a little flip-down panel that covers your crotch when in human form.

Then get a smartlinked DNI-controlled assault cannon or minigun bolted to the back of your cybertorso so that you can use it in animal form.

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Aug 10 2008, 05:27 PM
Post #13

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Aug 10 2008, 11:39 AM) *
Just get a deltaware cybertorso with a little flip-down panel that covers your crotch when in human form.

Then get a smartlinked DNI-controlled assault cannon or minigun bolted to the back of your cybertorso so that you can use it in animal form.

in human form, the cyber merges. so the panel that covers your crotch is no good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 04:34 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.