Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Technomancer Storage, The Datachip and You
raverbane
post Aug 11 2008, 03:20 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,735

The rules are a little ambiguous (assuming I spelled that right) about technomancers and datachips.

Can a technomancer access a bare datachip? Or does the datachip have to be plugged into some kind of reader?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tarantula
post Aug 11 2008, 03:24 PM
Post #2

Dragon

Member No.: 6,686

Not a bare datachip (unless they have the skinlink echo).

They'd need it to be hooked up to a commlink or somesuch.

+Quote Post
raverbane
post Aug 11 2008, 05:06 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 13,735

And another question about datastorage for the technos.

From Unwired

Photographic Memory
"...This quality can also be used as “poor man’s storage� for technomancers, who otherwise lack storage space..."

Does this mean a Techno with Photgraphic Memory doesnt need to have physical storage?

It is a little vague.

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Aug 11 2008, 05:38 PM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

i assume it just means that they can try to memorise small amounts of information rather than that they can actually record data into their brain as if it was actual data storage.

incidentally, i disagree with tarantula. the optical chip is, by default, wireless. it probably has a very low rating, quite possibly only a signal of 0, but it would, imo, have a rating. not that it particularly matters, since your gun, your underwear, your fake commlink, and your free online storage site all have plenty of room to store anything you download anyways, and all of them are wireless too, technically.

+Quote Post
shuya
post Aug 12 2008, 01:31 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,986

QUOTE (raverbane @ Aug 11 2008, 11:06 AM) *
And another question about datastorage for the technos.

From Unwired

Photographic Memory
"...This quality can also be used as “poor man’s storage� for technomancers, who otherwise lack storage space..."

Does this mean a Techno with Photgraphic Memory doesnt need to have physical storage?

It is a little vague.

and since TM's can back up their actual memories as data, i guess that physical storage could also be used as a "rich man's photographic memory" *giggle*

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Aug 12 2008, 03:43 AM
Post #6

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

QUOTE (shuya @ Aug 11 2008, 09:31 PM) *
and since TM's can back up their actual memories as data, i guess that physical storage could also be used as a "rich man's photographic memory" *giggle*

TMs can only do that if they buy the simrig CF in unwired.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:19 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.