Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Technomancer Storage
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
raverbane
The rules are a little ambiguous (assuming I spelled that right) about technomancers and datachips.

Can a technomancer access a bare datachip? Or does the datachip have to be plugged into some kind of reader?
Tarantula
Not a bare datachip (unless they have the skinlink echo).

They'd need it to be hooked up to a commlink or somesuch.
raverbane
And another question about datastorage for the technos.

From Unwired

Photographic Memory
"...This quality can also be used as “poor man’s storage� for technomancers, who otherwise lack storage space..."

Does this mean a Techno with Photgraphic Memory doesnt need to have physical storage?

It is a little vague.
Jaid
i assume it just means that they can try to memorise small amounts of information rather than that they can actually record data into their brain as if it was actual data storage.

incidentally, i disagree with tarantula. the optical chip is, by default, wireless. it probably has a very low rating, quite possibly only a signal of 0, but it would, imo, have a rating. not that it particularly matters, since your gun, your underwear, your fake commlink, and your free online storage site all have plenty of room to store anything you download anyways, and all of them are wireless too, technically.
shuya
QUOTE (raverbane @ Aug 11 2008, 11:06 AM) *
And another question about datastorage for the technos.

From Unwired

Photographic Memory
"...This quality can also be used as “poor man’s storage� for technomancers, who otherwise lack storage space..."

Does this mean a Techno with Photgraphic Memory doesnt need to have physical storage?

It is a little vague.

and since TM's can back up their actual memories as data, i guess that physical storage could also be used as a "rich man's photographic memory" *giggle*
Jaid
QUOTE (shuya @ Aug 11 2008, 09:31 PM) *
and since TM's can back up their actual memories as data, i guess that physical storage could also be used as a "rich man's photographic memory" *giggle*

TMs can only do that if they buy the simrig CF in unwired.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012