Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Qualities and Notority
i101
post Aug 17 2008, 01:56 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,989

I am not sure if somebody else asked this before, but I am wondering which of the new Qualities printed in the Augmentations, Runners Companian and Unwired changes the charakters Notority (BBB S.257)?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Isath
post Aug 17 2008, 12:03 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,062

Just a few days ago, I was wondering the same thing. My answer to the question is, yes they do and you will have to make up for your self, which of them.

+Quote Post
Wasabi
post Aug 17 2008, 12:05 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 6,651

Hopefully this gets added in an errata. When/IF it does I hope they mention if negative notoriety from qualities like Good Luck and Blandness acts like a bonus or if notoriety can never be negative or if notoriety never gives a bonus but can be negative.

+Quote Post
De Badd Ass
post Aug 17 2008, 12:37 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,474

QUOTE (i101 @ Aug 16 2008, 08:56 PM) *
I am not sure if somebody else asked this before, but I am wondering which of the new Qualities printed in the Augmentations, Runners Companian and Unwired changes the charakters Notority (BBB S.257)?

I made a character with the Bad Rep quality. The Runners Companion says:

The character starts play with 3 points of Notoriety which cannot be removed or decreased except by confronting and resolving the source of the bad reputation. Only then may the Bad Rep quality be bought off with Karma.

I imagine that there are other qualities that affect Noteriety. I haven't read them all.

The phrase "cannot be removed or decreased except..." implies that other Qualities do not offset this one. The PC's minimum Noteriety will be 3 as long as he has this bad reputation.

+Quote Post
Rasumichin
post Aug 17 2008, 12:50 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 15,648

QUOTE (De Badd Ass @ Aug 17 2008, 01:37 PM) *
The phrase "cannot be removed or decreased except..." implies that other Qualities do not offset this one. The PC's minimum Noteriety will be 3 as long as he has this bad reputation.

Well, the phrase does not have to imply that other qualities have a positive effect on notoriety.

You can remove or decrease notoriety by spending reputation points.
In fact, the mechanically best way to keep a low profile is to regularly have notoriety to reduce.

+Quote Post
masterofm
post Aug 17 2008, 03:38 PM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 15,640

SINner criminal seems like the easiest one when it comes to adding to ones notoriety.

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Aug 17 2008, 04:33 PM
Post #7

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

QUOTE (Rasumichin @ Aug 17 2008, 08:50 AM) *
You can remove or decrease notoriety by spending reputation points.
In fact, the mechanically best way to keep a low profile is to regularly have notoriety to reduce.

this is only true if you assume that notoriety has to remain greater than or equal to 0.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:35 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.