Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Qualities and Notority
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
i101
I am not sure if somebody else asked this before, but I am wondering which of the new Qualities printed in the Augmentations, Runners Companian and Unwired changes the charakters Notority (BBB S.257)?
Isath
Just a few days ago, I was wondering the same thing. My answer to the question is, yes they do and you will have to make up for your self, which of them.
Wasabi
Hopefully this gets added in an errata. When/IF it does I hope they mention if negative notoriety from qualities like Good Luck and Blandness acts like a bonus or if notoriety can never be negative or if notoriety never gives a bonus but can be negative.
De Badd Ass
QUOTE (i101 @ Aug 16 2008, 08:56 PM) *
I am not sure if somebody else asked this before, but I am wondering which of the new Qualities printed in the Augmentations, Runners Companian and Unwired changes the charakters Notority (BBB S.257)?

I made a character with the Bad Rep quality. The Runners Companion says:

The character starts play with 3 points of Notoriety which cannot be removed or decreased except by confronting and resolving the source of the bad reputation. Only then may the Bad Rep quality be bought off with Karma.

I imagine that there are other qualities that affect Noteriety. I haven't read them all.

The phrase "cannot be removed or decreased except..." implies that other Qualities do not offset this one. The PC's minimum Noteriety will be 3 as long as he has this bad reputation.
Rasumichin
QUOTE (De Badd Ass @ Aug 17 2008, 01:37 PM) *
The phrase "cannot be removed or decreased except..." implies that other Qualities do not offset this one. The PC's minimum Noteriety will be 3 as long as he has this bad reputation.

Well, the phrase does not have to imply that other qualities have a positive effect on notoriety.

You can remove or decrease notoriety by spending reputation points.
In fact, the mechanically best way to keep a low profile is to regularly have notoriety to reduce.
masterofm
SINner criminal seems like the easiest one when it comes to adding to ones notoriety.
Jaid
QUOTE (Rasumichin @ Aug 17 2008, 08:50 AM) *
You can remove or decrease notoriety by spending reputation points.
In fact, the mechanically best way to keep a low profile is to regularly have notoriety to reduce.

this is only true if you assume that notoriety has to remain greater than or equal to 0.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012